Emma Frost #1

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

Hi everyone, this is the first issue of my personal take on a possible Emma Frost ongoing which I think Marvel really, really should do one day lol. I think that Emma has a lot of personality, a good backup story and a lot of possible great character interactions, so here's how I'd write her ongoing.

Emma Frost - Black or White, part one

Genosha

No Caption Provided

The air trembled. The remaining radiations which had permeated the air for years after the Sentinels destroyed the island vibrated. The soil shook.

A strange fog started to flow from the ground. It was green-ish and dense, as if it was solid, and it covered part of the island quickly, turning it into a nightmarish and ghastly location.

The fog remained still for some minutes after it had enveloped the entire place, then it started moving. It moved forward across every corner and every inch of the island, as if it was probing the place using his ethereal particles.

Then a point in the middle of the mist began trembling. The fog moved in circles while a silhouette appeared from the spires of green fog, as if it had been forged by the mist itself.

Black stilettos laid on the poisonous ground.

“I’m back”.

The white skin – almost too white – of Selene Gallio glowed when touched by the light of the green mist, and her black lips bent in a smile.

“I’m back, my island” she repeated. “I’m back, Necrosha”.

Milan, Italy

“…and this is why I never wear Gucci on Fridays, girls”.

Emma Frost came out of the dressing room with a beautiful and elegant black dress, and looked at herself in the big mirror in front of the room.

“Hmm, do you think I should go back to white?” she asked while frowning, unsure if the dress was the right one.

The Stepford Cuckoos rolled their eyes simultaneously. They were sitting on three identical chairs in front of the changing room and looked even more bored than they usually did.

“We’ve been here for three hours, Miss Frost” said Celeste Cuckoo.

“And you still haven’t picked up a dress” added Irma Cuckoo.

“Even if you tried like fifty of them” noticed Phoebe Cuckoo.

“Oh, you sound like Scott Summers right now” replied Emma shaking her head. “Choosing the right attire is sacred, Cuckoos. And extremely difficult, so don’t put pressure on me”.

“You saved the world so many times and you find difficult to pick up a dress?” asked Irma.

“It’s different. Saving the world requires power . Choosing a dress requires class, and while you can earn power, you rarely can earn class” she explained. “And since we’re talking about this subject… don’t you think you should undergo a restyling, my dears? Y’know, that schoolgirl attire has grown old… and it looks almost fetish”.

You are talking about fetish attire?” asked Celeste with a smile. “You?”.

“I’m not saying I don’t like fetish, I’m saying you should choose the right fetish” Emma replied. “A whip is better than a old school uniform”.

She turned to the mirror again.

“Maybe I should really go back to white” she said while holding her hips with her hands. “But it is so difficult to have an entire wardrobe made of monochromatic stuff. Sometimes I envy Dazzler or Kitty Pryde for their old colorful attires, then I remember the roller skates…”.

The Cuckoos rolled their eyes again.

No Caption Provided

“Shouldn’t we be fighting bad guys instead of spending hours buying dresses?” asked Phoebe.

“We appreciate shopping, but this turned into an obsessive compulsive hobby, Miss Frost” added Celeste.

“It almost looks like you don’t want to think about other stuff…” pressed Irma with a malicious smile.

Emma opened her eyes wide.

“Out of my head, Cuckoos!” she exclaimed. “Don’t make me turn your telepathy off”.

“You should talk about that, Miss Frost” replied Celeste.

“I don’t need you girls telling me what I should or shouldn’t talk about, Celeste” said Emma. “And… AIIIIEEE!”.

Emma screamed. Her sking glowed for a second before it turned into solid, sparkling diamond.

She fell on the floor, and immediately the Cuckoos ran towards her to help her.

“Miss Frost!” they shouted. “What happened”.

“Telepathic feedback” she said while getting up with their help. “The kind of feedback I didn’t want to get”.

“Why didn’t we get anything if it was so strong?” asked Irma.

“Because you and her were never linked together” Emma explained. “Lucky for you”.

“Her?”.

“Selene Gallio” said Emma with a serious face. “Selene Gallio, the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club. She’s back, and she’s using her abilities at full power right now”.

“And what should we do?” asked Phoebe. “Call the X-Men?”.

“No” replied Emma. “Just get Miss Rasputin. We don’t need the whole crew. We’ll deal with this by ourselves”.

Genosha

Selene’s mind expanded over the whole island. Her telepathy extended over the plane of the living and it pierced through the barrier which separated our world from the one of the dead.

Thousands of screams invaded her newly born brain. Some of them were in pain, other screamed for help, while many, much more, called her. They knew her. She was their queen.

“My beloved” she said towards the ghosts that started to appear and disappear around her. “Your queen is back, but I’m not in the condition of hearing your prayers. The techno-organic virus has disappeared from this land, and I can’t bring you back again without it”.

Many ghastly hands appeared from the green frog and tried to touch her feet, while begging voices kept whispering prayers to her.

No Caption Provided

“Don’t worry, I will find a way of conjuring you back in this world” she replied. “But now, right now, I need to talk with one of you. You know whom I need. Let her speak”.

The screams stopped. The hands disappeared in the green fog, while a figure appeared among the particles of vapor.

A goth girl with long, spiky hair and a cold expression printed on her face bowed towards the Black Queen.

No Caption Provided

“Ellie” said Selene. “Negasonic Teenage Warhead”.

“My queen…” she said. “I can’t stand the pain anymore…”.

“I know, I know” replied Selene. “I will free you very soon, but first I need you and your powers”.

“Why?” she replied. “I’m but a ghost, my powers are not what they used to be while I had a body”.

“I know that too” said Selene. “That is why we’re going to fix that part soon. I’ll give you the best body you could ever want, my dear. And then you will tell me what I want to know”.

“And what do you want to know?”.

“I want to know how I will become the goddess I’m destined to be, Ellie” explained Selene with a devilish smile. “And I want to know how each and every X-Men will die at my hand”.

Genosha, somewhere else

A blue step-disk appeared outside of a collapsed building. It glowed for a while before Emma Frost, the Stepford Cuckoos and Illyana Rasputin stepped out of it.

“Thank you, Illyana” said Emma while the mutant sorceress closed the step disk.

“You just wanted a lift?” she asked.

“No, of course not” answered Emma. “We will need you for doing what we’re going to do”.

“And what are we going to do?” asked Magik again, but Emma ignored her.

“Time to time” she said. “Cuckoos, create a blind spot around us as we planned. I don’t want Selene to know we’re here until we strike her”.

The Sisters nodded and their eyes glowed. “We don’t know if we can blind her forever, Miss Frost”.

“Don’t worry, Selene is powerful, but she’s too proud to do a telepathic scan of the place” replied Emma. “Mmm… this place is so cold…”.

“Bad memories” said Celeste.

“Far worse than bad weather” added Irma.

“Right?” asked Phoebe.

“Shut up, girls” said Emma. “One conscience is enough for me to bear”.

Then she turned towards Illyana.

“Last time I met Selene she tried to haunt me with bad memories, but we won’t let that happen again” she explained. “This time I have my telepathy and also my girls, so I can match her on the psionic level and with some luck surpass her. But I need you to take care of the magic”.

“I can do that” Magik said. “But this place is haunted, Emma. It’s full of ghosts, the kind of ghosts that we should be afraid of”.

“I know” said Emma in a snarl. “I died here, too”.

“I don’t know all these things, my Queen” said Ellie. “I can’t tell you how you’ll kill them or how you will become a goddess, but I can tell you one thing”.

“What can you tell me, Ellie?”.

“I can tell you that you’re going to perish soon” replied the ghost. “Unless you turn around right now”.

Selene turned immediately, just in time to see a step-disk open behind her.

Illyana Rasputin appeared through the portal with her glowing SoulSword in her hands, ready to hit the Black Queen with the blade forged out of her own soul.

No Caption Provided

"How dare you!” Selene screams while with a gesture she created a wind whirl of scarlet flames which knocked Illyana back and made her fall on the ground.

“Selene Gallio” said Illyana while using her sword to get back on her feet. “What are you doing here?”.

“I’m here to accomplish my goals, little demon” replied Selene. “And you won’t stop me”.

She waved her hand and produced a blast of blue flames towards Illyana, who with a movement of her Sword cast them away.

“Your magic won’t hurt me, Selene” sayd Illyana while running towards her. “While mine will kill you”.

“Magic is not my only resource” replied the Black Queen while her eyes glowed. “Your mind is difficult to probe for a telepath, but I’m not a mere telepath, my mind has been in worse places than yours…”.

Suddenly, Selene opened her eyes wide.

“How…?”.

Illyana smiled. Then she reappeared behind Selene, hitting her back with the Sword.

“Team work” she said while the Black Queen screamed in pain.

“Well done, girls” said Emma. “Your shields are working. Now keep us invisible for a bit more and I will be able to crack Selene’s defenses”.

She and the Stepford Sisters were watching the battle from far away, while their minds reached out to protect Illyana.

The Cuckoos nodded. “Her telepathy is so powerful, Miss Frost, much beyond us. But she’s too sloppy”.

“Pride is a killer, sometimes” said Emma while she touched her temple with a finger. “I’ve already faced her, I know how her mind works and how dangerous it is to get into it. I’m going to try an indirect approach and trap her into an illusion I’ve been preparing since when we landed here, to let Illyana finish her with the Sword. In the meantime, could you…”.

“NO!” the girls screamed at the same time. “She found us!”.

“Shit” replied Emma while she and the girls assumed their diamond form. “How?”.

“Ghosts” said Celeste. “The ghosts told her we were here…”.

“Then we’ve got a problem here…” started to say Emma, but a sudden glow in front of them stopped her.

Selene came out of a stepping disk with her right hand around the throat of a knocked out Illyana Rasputin, and her left hand around the Sould Sword.

“White Queen” said Selene with a grin. “I see you’re still wearing black, and you know how much I hate seeing people steal from my wardrobe”.

Emma and the Sisters stepped back.

“You know, Selene” Emma replied. “Sometimes I just wish you could stay dead”.

“Well, let’s make sure someone dies tonight” replied the Black Queen while her mind exploded from inside her skull in a bolt of majestic psionic power. “And honestly, I bet the fake Black Queen will perish first”.

To be continued…

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Koays  Online

Lol this was a pretty cool read. Wish we could get some of those "Emma/Cuckoo" interactions in the books.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha a very nice read :) i enjoyed it a lot! so much more interesting than a lot of the stuff actually published by marvel. Just like koays, I enjoyed the banter between emma and the girls, very refreshing. My only critique would be that emma + the cuckoos >> selene in TP haha but for the story it works really well. looking forward to the rest of this story! do tag me when you update this

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld: @koays: thank you both!

Next update is Emma and the Cuckoos vs Selene so we'll see if Emma was right about them being the better telepaths

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@veitha: Stop being so modest, you English is fine :P I really loved the dynamic between Emma and Selene so I'm glad you created a scenario where these two meet again along with the Cuckoos. Nice job.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Veitha