Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

Part 1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/earthbound-gaiya-1-1675820/

Part 2: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/earthbound-gaiya-2-1676913/#8

“GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!” I struggle and thrash as this strange woman holds me down and two large men rush into the room. “I AM A GOD!”

The two men grab me and pin me down, I fight but they are too strong. The woman is saying words but it’s all garbled as I fight. She unsheaths a needle and quickly fills it with liquid.

“TOUCH ME AND I WILL EAT YOU AS I ATE ELEGIN!” I roar.

“Whatever you say sleeping beauty,” she says as she hovers like a bee waiting to sting me. I fight but the men are too strong. Memories of the Butcher Bird Brothers crash into my thoughts as they ambushed me in the gorge. I don’t know what is real. I was talking to my brother the rainbow serpent. My parents live in Saskatoon, where I was born. But I am ageless…aren’t I? I ow!

“HOW DARE YOU!” I scream as she plunges the needle into my thigh. A cool rush floods first my leg and then up behind my eyes. It’s like a light dimming mixed with a wet blanket as I can’t keep my eyes open. One of the burly men looks at me, his face that of the serpent. I try to claw it but it goes black.

“Gaye?”

I bob to the surface of consciousness, confused and alarmed. I am in a white room, tied to a bed.

“Gaye?”

I look for the voice to see a man in a white coat holding a clipboard. Though white his features are that of Galibunjay the boomerang man. I was there that day on the cliffs watching as he carved the Gulf of Carpentaria.

“Can you hear me Gaye?”

“My name…is Gaiya”

He looks at the clipboard and taps it. “According to our documentation your name is Gaye. Gaye Brown. Do you know where you are?”

“No…” I burst into tears.

He walks closer and smiles; it’s a mixture of pity and disgust. “You’re in the hospital. You’ve been in a coma since 1993.”

“No, no, no, no.”

“You’re in restraints because you attacked a nurse. Do you remember that?”

I strain against the leather straps. “They attacked me.”

“Who attacked you Gaye?”

“MY NAME IS GAIYA!”

He steps back, startled by the force of my response. His eyes dance about as he tries to work me out. Slowly he takes a pen and makes some notes. I try to get free again but it…

“It only makes it tighter,” he says like he can read my mind. “And if it gets too tight you cut off the circulation, then we have to sedate you again to loosen it and it makes everything a lot harder. Just relax.”

“I’m chained up in a room by a strange man and you tell me to relax!” I growl.

“You have a lot to process Gaye,” he says as he knocks on the door, a slot opens and then after some locks unclick. “I’ll be back to check on your progress.”

To be continued…

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: Stranger and stranger. You're doing a good job of swirling the confusion.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks. It's fun messing with her

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks. It's fun messing with her

<blushes> Well, this is embarrassing. Up until that comment, I was under the impression this character was male. I thought Gaiya should be a feminine name, but Gaye is unisex. Upon rereading the three issues though, female makes much more sense. lol

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@cbishop: Gaye is a unisex name? Maybe in the US of A but here in Australia Gaye or Gay (as a name) is female. I have never met nor heard of a guy being called it (unless it's a slur)

But yeah she's a girl, glad I "tricked" you into thinking otherwise

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Nah, you didn't trick me, I just misunderstood the character. Gaye is not common as a male name here either, but I have seen it- usually among the older population. Talking maybe two or three times ever. Gaiya really should have tipped me off to the feminine though. Guess I wasn't paying attention.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: that's coz you're old :)

HA! Only in Australia...it's still not my birthday yet, here in the States. lol

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: The Matrix? I don't even like to bend over the normal way, much less backwards to avoid bullets! I'd have taken the red pill... or maybe I did? <reaches up to feel back of head>

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 230

@batkevin74: Btw, did you ever find the name of that Australian mythology book?