Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Wonderboy52

Title: Earth-Infinite, The Guardians

Universe: DC Elseworld

Genre: Mystery, Romance, Intense Action/Adventure

Rating: M for Graphic Language, Adult Themes, Blood and Gore (but not much)

Main Character: Phoenix Jones

Supporting Characters: Majestic Boy, Olympian, Miss Magician, The Masked Marauder, Emerald Archer, Slipstream

Summary: In a world where Superman's pod never crash landed on Earth, and Bruce Wayne's parents were not killed so he never became the dark knight, Batman. A world where were these heroes only exist as comic characters. This is our world and it needs a true hero. Learn how the lives of seven strangers intertwine to tell the story of how these ordinary citizens became heroes.

Link to Issue 2: Earth-Infinite, The Guardians Issue 2

Earth Infinite Issue 1: Only The Victor Can Decide What Is Justice

`Chapter 1 Everyday Heroes`

Some see the world as a terrifying, violent, vengeful place, some see the world as a wonderful land filled with new adventures and fascinating people... but not many. In this world Superman only exist as a comic character, as well as the other countless DC heroes we've come to know and love. Their stories are told as modern myths, just panels on a page, but what society doesn't realize is that these “fairy tales” are anything but fictional stories. They're the events that happen in an alternate universe very much similar to this one, where these heroes exist and save the world every time it's in peril.

We live in a world where the common stranger typically doesn't know their own neighbors name, a world where people see a helpless young man getting jumped in an alleyway and do nothing to help because they only want to protect themselves.

There are forces of nature at work to complex for humans to fully understand, but that does not mean society won't gain from it's benefits. Many century's ago a “super human” was not unheard of. In fact it was a very common occurrence to cross paths with one. Some people who acquired these abilities used their powers for personal gain, which triggered others using their exceptional abilities to battle these people for good and justice. Over time the meta-gene became dormant and the era of super humans ceased. Only two have survived to see society change and repeat itself.

Revenant, a legendary swordsman with an enchanted blade that has kept his youth alive, and Catalyst, a powerful sorcerer who watches time and space to keep peace and balance. Although Revan's mystical Runesword protect's him, Revan's skills in battle are the reason why he's been able to survive throughout the ages. Long ago he was once a hero that fought for what he considered justice. With his vast knowledge and collected wisdom for living so many lifetimes, Revan quickly moved up in the Legislative system so much in fact that he became the head of the Illuminati, known as the Serpent King. Revan has had much influence in major world events and using state of the art technology, he has been able to track down the citizens who's meta-genes have been randomly popping up. Knowing how the public would re-act to the the sudden uprising of meta-human's, Revan called together the Illuminati to discuss the matter.

~Revan, The Serpent King~

Revan accessed his high tech computer and initiated a scan for any new meta-genes that had been activated. He was surprised to see twice as many red lights flashing on the holographic world map then the previous day. With this information Revan exited his laboratory through a hidden bookcase that led to his room, and turned on the news as he changed into a personally designed black and white suit for his meeting within the hour. As he suspected their was the same story on several stations about mythical creature sightings and attacks. Before he was ready to leave and meet his allies, Revan examined himself taking extra time to make sure his long, straight, ink black hair laid perfectly in place. He's learned over the years that your appearance can mean just as much, if not more then words. After his onyx snake swirled up his leg and wrapped itself securely around his right bicep, Revan was prepared to go to his meeting.

Revan was the last to arrive and took his seat at the biggest chair placed at the end of the long oval oak table. The other members of the Illuminati all stared at their king as they waited for him to begin the meeting. Before he started Revan's snake slithered down his arm and creeped it's way under the table.

(Revan) Thank you all for coming on such short notice.

(Debra) You know, that revolting pet snake you keep around...

Before Debra could finish her snooty remark, Revan shot her a menacing glare immediately silencing her. After the attention was back on him Revan continued his meeting.

(Revan) You are all aware that I have been tracking down the ever expanding list of meta-human's suddenly rising. Everyday that passes these numbers continue to double, it will only be a matter of time before the public takes action.

An older white male with dark gray hair and pale blue eyes gestured to the king, asking permission to speak. Revan nodded to him signaling him to take the floor.

(Bastion) My king, if I may point out I do believe our department in meta-human affairs has been keeping them under wraps quite well.

Revan used a remote that appeared to be apart of the oak table to turn on the news. A painting on the wall flickered to the news station Revan watched earlier that morning. Everyone directed their attention to the screen to see a giant Cyclops terrorizing Los Angeles. They awed in shock as the monster went on a rampage. The Illuminati listened to a newswoman who was reporting the event from a helicopter.

{Newswoman} This is unbelievable! Numerous fictional creatures and monsters are destroying the city. How this is possible is beyond me!

(Revan) Covers blown. The worlds going to know the supernatural exist once again.

(Debra) Then what's the dilemma, other then the obvious.

(Revan) People are going to panic, but that’s fine. With dramatic change there is always a period of shock. What we need is to keep the powerful ones in check by getting to them first. We cannot allow them to run rampant and do things like this.

Everyone's attention was directed back to the screen by the cries of the newswoman.

{Newswoman} Oh my God! That giants about to smash what appears to be a frightened couple!

Revan's eyes shifted into their crimson eight sided star Mantikai form so he could examine what was happening below the giant. He was shocked to see a confident young teenage boy with a dark tan wearing a magenta tank top, stopping the giant in his tracks, and to see that the young woman on the scene was a model that worked for a company he owns, Supreme Model Management.

(Revan) It appears that someone has already taken action. It's time for us to make our move.

~Phoenix Jones, The American Hero~

Ben Fodor was just your average man that lived in the sometimes hostel city of Los Angeles. In the prime of his life Ben married his high school sweetheart at the age of twenty five, got a steady job and for the most part had a decent life. One night while Ben and his wife were out on the town enjoying themselves, the happy couple got mugged by a local gang. Ben's wife was raped by the leader of the gang as his associates violently beat him within an inch of his life. After this event when the police did nothing to find these criminals, Ben decided to take the law into his own hands and dawned the costume persona, Phoenix Jones a vigilante of the night. To the public he was the first and only known superhero but that soon changed when random people began developing superhuman abilities and also chose to take the law into their own hands.

With his strong sense of justice and indomitable will he soon transformed from a rookie in a Halloween costume to a world famous icon that the public adored for his courageous acts for the common man. On patrol Ben came across an old man with dark gray hair getting robbed by some guys with a gun and a ski mask. Ben successfully took out the assailants but not without receiving a flesh shot gun wound.

The man he saved happened to be extremely wealthy and was impressed with Ben's courage and skill. The man introduced himself as Bastion, and offered to sponsor the young vigilante but not officially for unknown reasons. Phoenix decided to accept his offer and used his “sponsorship” to equip himself with the most advanced armor and weaponry money could buy. Tonight started out like any other typical patrol for the young hero but ended up changing his life forever...

{{Phoenix Jones}} I’ve never felt this free before. This new bodysuit gives me absolute freedom.

Phoenix Jones effortlessly hopped from rooftop to rooftop in his black body suit with a yellow eagle stretching across his chest and a cowl to conceal his identity. The suit was specifically made for his use and enhanced his agility by putting flexible springs in his boots and by using a lighter more sturdy material then his homemade costume. As he made his way around the rooftops watching the busy city below, Phoenix Jones was suddenly halted in midair by a vibrant white light. He tried to break free but found his attempts useless and within seconds he vanished.

He reappeared in a colorful distorted world, with a man sitting in a throne dressed in a white robe with sky blue lining, and some white facial hair staring him down.

(Man In White Robe) Hello Ben Fodor, but you'd probably prefer to be called 'Phoenix Jones' in this persona.

(Phoenix Jones) How do you know who I am, and how the hell did I get here?!

(Catalyst) Please calm down, you act as if I’ve put you under some horrendous conditions. I am Catalyst and your going to help save the world Mr. Jones.

Author Notes: The next issue will be posted up shortly. Earth-Infinite is a totally original world me and a friend (the creator of Revan) so if you have any awesome OC's you'd like us to consider adding to a certain area let us know. It doesn't matter if their from the DC universe of Marvel.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Great chapter! I liked what you came up with the creation of your DC Elseworld story. I can't wait for the next one.

By the way, I heard of this Phoenix Jones guy. Wasn't he a real-life superhero and actually a school teacher? :P

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Great introduction! This is a very interesting premise. Keep up the good work!

@The Impersonator said:

By the way, I heard of this Phoenix Jones guy. Wasn't he a real-life superhero and actually a school teacher? :P

Yup. I bet he'd like this, lol.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

@InnerVenom123: Yeah. On the other hand, Phoenix Jones got fired from his job after he revealed his true identity. Poor Phoenix Jones. He was only trying to keep the streets clean :P

Wonderboy52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Wonderboy52

Thanks for your feedback you guys. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I figured if I want to make this universe seem like the real world, why not use a real superhero.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

@Wonderboy52: You're welcome! :)

By the way, that's a neat idea since Phoenix Jones won't be around. :P