Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By clemj

Part 2: Deathtroke.

My name is Slade Wilson, and I loved my job. Yes I said loved

Today, in reaction to the proliferation of metahumans, and the damage they do when they “ save the world”.

Normally, I’d agree with this, but they made a simple mistake. They tried to take me down.

I had just finished a contract involving the death of a drug dealer; I got home, and was welcomed by an A.R.G.U.S team.

Though I did not wear my armour, I still had a knife, just in case. A quick stab, a slash and a neck shot got the best of those guys. A.R.G.U.S does not even seem to see me seriously, but now… they probably are going to send Hawkman and green arrow…

I must get the heck outta here. I pick up ammo and guns, and jump into the car.

I am driving too fast, the police notices, I am being chased, and I don’t like being chased.

I drop small spikes that blow the tyres of the cars. I have a safe house nearby, in star city… it could be good to stay there for a few weeks.

I hear a boom… I turn my head, and see a huge nuclear explosion! What the hell!

I accelerate before the radioactive cloud catches up. The car is not fast enough, I find a jetpack on the backseats, I remember I took it… turns out it’s useful!

I strap it on, and take off, just as the cloud takes my car.

I land a few hundred meters further… I need to know why. After a passage at the safe house, I come back with my nth metal armour; it should protect me from the radiation.

I don’t want to take any risk, so I am wearing my whole arsenal.

Once I got to the middle of the crater formed by the bomb, I was surprised to only see a little boy… couldn’t be more than 10 years old… he… was dead…

Why would the government kill a young boy with a nuke?

Unless… no, this can’t be Shazam, I heard about this, but didn’t believe it. And anyway, why would they kill Captain Marvel.

I got to my safe house again; I just turned on the TV, only to discover the government is waging a war against superhumans. That explains the A.R.G.UU.S team, and Shazam’s small dead body… this can’t be right! They are attacking their defenders.

What the damn f*** is the government doing?

I need a safer place, if the gvt is involved, they will find me, I must get out of…

BOOM!

A whole in the wall, always announces big problems. Hawkman comes through, he should not be a problem, I have already beaten him… but there is a squad covering him.

A few shots invite me to dive to cover, if I want to make it, I must take the squad out. I pick a grenade and a smoke one. I throw both, I take one of the guards with the first grenade and the smoke will retard the rest for a few seconds, enough to drop the winged guy.

He has an axe, he launches a few shots, he is slow and I dodge. I pick up a knife, and plant it in his ribs. He falls on his knees. I should kill him, but the squad decides to interrupt us… again. Those shots are more organised, Hawkman gets up, I can’t face them, I run upstairs, jump into the car, and dash out. I see that Hawkman is trying to chase me, the car is too fast for him. Yet he managed to land a device to locate me, like in the movies… basic… I take it off and continue my journey. I’ll make it, I always make it.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@clemj: this needs a different title from the first part or its going to get locked by the moderators.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@clemj: Good stuff man! I'm still not 100% sure why the government is behaving this way but it's been thoroughly entertaining.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dngn4774: thanks for the advice.

the mysteries will be unfold :)