Dragon Fighting Cowboy

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

I wrote this poem/song/thing a few weeks ago after reading Cowboy Ninja Viking and by this old D&D picture. I liked the ideas and was inspired. I own Dragon Fighting Cowboy, he's mine! Rated MA

No Caption Provided

In a time long forgotten, a hero was foretold. A complex man in simple times was something to behold.

Tall as he was smart, as quick as he was large. Fast like lightning from the hip and the first one to the charge.

He rode the plains in search of truth, excited he did find. A gnarled and grizzled reptilian beast upon a diamond mine.

The horse did rear and run away but he did keep his steel. The dragon turned its ancient head and rasped “Why do you not kneel?”

“I bow before not man nor god. Nor gun nor beasts that fly. I merely come to stake my claim”, was his firm but fair reply.

The dragon snarled and rose on up, some forty fathoms high. It flexed its wings and stretched its neck as thunder filled the sky.

The man did calmly watch his foe, his fingers hovered close. His eyes did squint as he pondered on where he’d send his dose.

No Caption Provided

Fire welled upon the lips as the lizard went to prove. But the man merely sneered and scoffed and said “Ha ha wrong move!”

The column of molten fire, roared down upon the plain. It scorched the earth and burnt the air that almost screamed in pain.

The man dove to his left, to avoid the singeing. And as he flew, his pistol roared like a swarm of demons singing.

The shots flew fast and compass straight, accurate and true. Each delivered lead based death and a hole did each one blew.

The dragon screamed in agony and breathed another bout. But the wounds inflicted caused the fire to be poor and without much clout.

The man did draw his other 'friend' and fired another round. It pierced the gut which gushed forth blood and was followed by a sound.

The dragon swooned and breathed his last and collapsed upon the earth. The man did pause and tip his hat, a sign of the dragon’s worth.

With the riches taken, his tale had just begun. The dragon fighting cowboy then walked towards the sun.

END

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By wildvine

Coolios.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@wildvine: Thanks man!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batkevin74

Just a casual bump/shout out before bed...

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#5  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@batkevin74: extremely cool!

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By tomdickharry1984

ha ha ha wtf? Bit odd

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#7  Edited By wildvine

@batkevin74 said:

What?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@wildvine said:

@batkevin74 said:

What?

Just saying thanks for reading was all

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Hmmm it seems in the flurry of activity of the 'How To Fan-Fic', we seem to be neglecting actually reading and commenting ON such fan-fics. Nice work of prose @batkevin74 very different from what you normally do. Good work, you don't often see Cowboys fight Dragons :)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#10  Edited By Joygirl

Fantastic, very great work on this. :D There were a few points where the meter could be a little smoother... let me see, do you mind...?

No Caption Provided

In a time long forgotten, a hero was foretold. A complex man in simple times was something to behold.

Tall as he was smart, and as quick as he was large. Fast like lightning from the hip, and e'er the first to the charge.

He rode the plains in search of truth, excited he did find, A gnarled and grizzled scaly beast upon a diamond mine.

The horse did rear and run away, but he did keep his steel. The dragon turned its ancient head and rasped “Why don't you kneel?”

“I bow before not man nor god, nor gun nor beasts that fly. I merely come to stake my claim”, his firm but fair reply.

The dragon snarled and rose on up, some forty fathoms high. It flexed its wings and stretched its neck as thunder filled the sky.

The man did calmly watch his foe, his fingers hovered close. His eyes did squint as he did ponder where he’d send his dose.

Fire welled upon the lips as the lizard went to prove. But the man merely sneered and scoffed and said “Ha ha, wrong move!”

Then a column of molten flame roared down upon the plain. It scorched the earth and burnt the air that almost screamed in pain.

The man dove to his left, sure to avoid the singeing. And as he flew, his pistol roared like a swarm of demons singing.

The shots flew fast and compass straight, accurate and true. Each delivered lead-based death, and a hole did each one blew.

The dragon screamed in agony and breathed another bout. But the wounds inflicted caused the fire to be poor, without much clout.

The man did draw his other 'friend' and shot another round. It pierced the gut which gushed forth blood and was followed by a sound.

The dragon swooned and breathed his last, collapsed upon the earth. The man did pause and tip his hat, to show the dragon’s worth.

Now with the riches taken, his tale had just begun. The dragon fighting cowboy then rode forth into the sun.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@Joygirl: Thanks, having trouble finding what changed, the only thing that stands out is the word e'er. Thanks for reading & editing.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Joygirl

The changes are extremely subtle because I didn't want to change it. Just some tiny alterations and word-switches to help the flow a little.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@LadyLigeia: Thanks. I'm thinking about doing a sequel in the future, maybe

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers