Doomhound: The Ongoing Series #1

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Doomhound: The Ongoing Series #1

It was moments ago that Sean Luthor had been rejected by all his team members. His heart was racing in sadness and anguish. He had to slow down his feeling to reframe his ability to burst in to his beast alter ego Doomhound. The fact was his team just didn’t serve the same cause or ideas he believed in. His team leader, Psycho, hell bent on taking down big corporations could not be halted by Sean’s demands for putting a stop to the fearsome alien known as Doomsday. Now Sean wonders the drab streets of Gotham by himself. In the eyes of a common thug he looks defenseless, but they did know of the monster inside him. The only thing Sean fears is how and when he will run into Doomsday, it could right around the next street corner for all he knew. And for that truth alone he is on edge.

The revving of a motorcycle burst nearby. Sean could tell he was being tailed by the bike. “Hey Kid you shouldn’t be out here alone, might run into someone worse than me”. Sean looked it was Red Hood.

“Red! What are you doing shouldn’t you being with Psycho conducting his dream of“ the Cleansing” Sean mocked.

Red Hood parked his biked and got off “ No one owns me Sean , Psycho might be a man on a mission, I’m not, Like you said Doomsdays loose, and I’m not going to sit idly by while that alien kills the people of Gotham, or you for that matter”

“ Me?! You don’t think I can take on Doomsday? I’m not crazy like Psycho, but I can do some serious damage as Doomhound!” Sean took offence to Red Hood’s statement

“ Whoa kid I’m on your side, remember I could be back there with him, I’m just looking after you”

On a street light overhead hid Bthodes, the demon god of fear. He was eavesdropping on the conversation “ hehehe Trouble in paradise ey? Let’s see If I can help!” . A School bus was driving down the block full of kids. Bthodes flew in and conjured a possession spell upon all the children. They were part of a private school all wearing the same class code uniform. The mood in the bus went from fun rough housing to a eerie silence. They’re eyes turned red and they sat still like trained hell hounds.

The bus driver, a frail elder man in his 60s, was concerned he pulled over. “ ah.. kids not for nothing but are you alright?”. The nearest kid looked at him and in a gravely broken voice said “we’re fine, your not!”. At that all the children attacked the bus driver chewing away at him like dog would do to a stuffed animal.

Sean saw the bus stopped across the street. Then the bus started to shake rapidly. Then a blood curdling scream “ AHHHggllluuuhhGGGGGGGGGGG”.

“ Oh my god Red whats going on in that buse!” Sean freaked. Red Hood drew the glocks from his holsters. “ Hell if I know!”

The private school kids started coming out. They were covered in blood. Whatever was left of the bus driver, was probably just raw bone, if that. They looked at Sean and Red Hood and hissed like snakes in a disturbed pit. They ran at after Sean. Without thought Sean turned into Doomhound. The kids jumped on Doomhound and began chewing on his tough reptile like skin. They didn’t have sharp enough teeth to pierce the skin, but it still hurt. “ DON’T SHOOT RED!” Doomhound roared. Red Hood put his guns back in the holsters and began kicking the kids off Doomhound. “ AH get off him yah runts whats gotten into you!”. The kids kept chomping away dulling the skin, getting close to breaking it. In a built up fury Doomhound tensed up all his muscles. “ RRRRAAAAHHGGGGGGGGGG” Doomhounds roar could be heard from 10 blocks away. It also knocked the kids off.

They began to revert back to normal. Doomhound’s scream oddly enough had the power to dispel the possession curse. “ Where are we?” one blood covered kid asked. “ I think I know who was behind this” Sean says to Red Hood. “ What sick person would do this to a bunch of middle school kid”

“ Bthodes….”

“ Whose that?”

“You don’t wanna know him”

Flying in the sky was Bthodes. He watched and couldn’t help but laugh at all the carnage he had caused and to his excitement the roar Doomhound, was just what Doomsday needed to pin point his location.

To be Continued

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@rabidwolfdog: It was nice to see Red Hood return and Bthodes referenced. I'm still waiting on the big fight but this was a good filler.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lykopis

Holy...

...the imagery you created with that poor bus driver is freaky. Something about kids and being quiet is never a good thing. Very cool.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

@dngn4774: glad you liked it, I actually saw the lack of Red Hood, so I pressured my self to make sure he got time :)

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Holy...

...the imagery you created with that poor bus driver is freaky. Something about kids and being quiet is never a good thing. Very cool.

Thanks :) , Im a fan of Horror fillms so when I write, the eerie moments, it kinda just happen

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@rabidwolfdog: Okay this bit doesn't make sense when read, I think I KNOW what you mean, but the way it's written, it isn't clear

He had to slow down his feeling to reframe his ability to burst in to his beast alter ego Doomhound. ???

See what I mean? Maybe an edit "Sean had to slow down; keep his emotions and feeling in check and refrain from letting his alter ego burst forth"

Also :Now Sean wonders the drab streets of Gotham by himself. Is he thinking or wandering?

It's okay, it is just the first chapter. :)

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@batkevin74 said:

@rabidwolfdog: Okay this bit doesn't make sense when read, I think I KNOW what you mean, but the way it's written, it isn't clear

He had to slow down his feeling to reframe his ability to burst in to his beast alter ego Doomhound. ???

See what I mean? Maybe an edit "Sean had to slow down; keep his emotions and feeling in check and refrain from letting his alter ego burst forth"

Also :Now Sean wonders the drab streets of Gotham by himself. Is he thinking or wandering?

It's okay, it is just the first chapter. :)

Yeah, we had a little miscommunication as far as the first Doomhound chapter. The transformation isn't really an impulse anymore, it's fully controlled, like Venom.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Oh ok I'll fix the grammar. And yeah I didn't know much about Doomhound, I tried the best I could

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3