Doctor Strange Fan Script

CassieParkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello! I've spent the last couple of days writing a Dr Strange comic script that I thought some of you might be interested in reading. I know you guys don't like hotlinking, so I've posted the first seven pages below, and if people want to read more, please let me know and I'll post the rest! (The whole thing is twenty pages.) Thanks!

PAGE ONE (Four Panels)

Panel 1. We open in an unfamiliar Realm. Strange is floating in mid-air–he’s on his back, his arms hanging limply at his sides, eyes closed. He’s dressed in his usual blue tunic, minus the cape. Around him swirls an array of colourful orbs and loose, abstract shapes–hues of red, seeping into purple. A dull hint of white light shines on Strange from the lefthand side of the panel.

CAP: For the past few months, I feel as if I have been drifting…

Panel 2. Close up on his face–his eyes are open now, lips slightly parted.

CAP: …searching for the unknown.

Panel 3. We pull out to see that the bright light is spreading out, towards Strange. He has a hand lifted towards the light.

CAP: If only I could find my purpose.

Panel 4. Close up on his outstretched fingers, straining to touch the light. His gloves almost brush against it–

PAGE TWO (Four Panels)

Panel 1. White out.

Panel 2. Strange’s face begins to fade into view, through the blinding light. His eyes are open, his expression neutral.

Panel 3. His face becomes clearer now as the light dissipates. We see he is no longer in another realm–he’s home, in bed, his head resting against a pillow. His eyes are squeezed shut now, and he’s grimacing.

Panel 4. A wide view of Strange’s dishevelled bedroom–books and papers litter the floor. Wong is pulling the long curtains open, flooding the room with daylight. Strange is half-hiding under the covers now, annoyed by his rude awakening.

STRANGE:

Urrghh…

WONG:

The dreams again?

STRANGE:

I’ve told you Wong, they’re not dreams! They don’t feel like dreams.

PAGE THREE (Six Panels)

Panel 1. Strange is sitting on the edge of his bed, rubbing the back of his head.

STRANGE:

How did you know, anyway?

Panel 2. Wong is stood by the window, arms folded as he looks at Strange.

WONG:

I could see it in your face. You weren’t sleeping peacefully.

Panel 3. Strange is still sat on the bed, running a hand through his messy hair. Wong is stooping down to pick up a thick leatherbound book which has been discarded on the floor.

STRANGE:

Is that why you woke me?

WONG:

No, I woke you because it is almost midday.

Panel 4. Still on the bed, Strange has his arms raised in exasperation, frowning at Wong.

STRANGE:

I was up until dawn, trying to locate the source of my involuntary transdimensional shifts!

Panel 5. We see Wong from behind as he exits Strange’s bedroom, one hand flicked up dismissively as he leaves. His other hand is clutching the book he retrieved.

WONG:

Well, even Sorcerer Supremes should have bedtimes.

Panel 6. Strange is narrowing his eyes, scowling at his door.

PAGE FOUR (Six Panels)

Panel 1. We move to Wong’s kitchen, which is just as messy as Strange’s bedroom was–open books and balls of paper cover every surface, along with discarded artifacts–medallions, tablets, scrolls…even a few bones have been cast aside during Strange’s studies. Strange is walking through the kitchen door, tugging on his red trenchcoat which he wears over a dark suit. Wong is stood by the stove, pulling a tray of bread from it with Strange’s yellow gloves.

Panel 2. Wong has lifted the bread onto the stove top. Strange is holding a skull up, squinting as he briefly studies it.

WONG

I thought you got rid of that coat.

STRANGE

No. I just forgot about it. I actually found it at the back of a closet whilst I looking for a volume on transdimensional–

Panel 3. Strange looks up from the skull, surprised.

Panel 4. He whips his head round to look at Wong, his eyes narrowed in confusion/annoyance.

Panel 5. A close-up on Wong’s gloved hands, which are now slicing the bread.

STRANGE (OP):

Are those…my gloves?

Panel 6. Pull out to see more of Wong, expressionless as he slices, avoiding eye contact with Strange.

WONG

Yes. I couldn’t find the oven mitts. This whole place is a mess.

PAGE FIVE: (Five Panels)

Panel 1. Strange has moved closer to Wong, standing behind him with a hand outstretched towards his stolen gloves with an expression of disbelief. Wong continues to slice, nonchalant.

STRANGE:

You can’t use my damned gloves for baking!

WONG:

Why not? If they can stand the Fire People’s nanotechnology, I’m sure they can cope with some bread.

Panel 2. Strange now has his arms raised to the ceiling, Shakespearean soliloquy style. Wong still looks unaffected as he begins to butter the bread.

STRANGE:

Because they’re my gloves! They’re a key component in my channelling of mystic energies!

WONG:

They’re just gloves, Stephen.

Panel 3. A close-up of Strange who now has his arms folded, losing his patience.

STRANGE:

Take them off, this is ridiculous.

WONG (OP):

No.

Panel 4. A close-up on Strange’s face, his teeth gritted in anger.

Panel 5. Pull out to see them both now: we see Strange from behind, exiting the kitchen. Wong is still buttering by the stove, expressionless and silent.

STRANGE:

Fine. Do what you like. I’m going out.

PAGE SIX: (Six Panels)

Panel 1. Strange is in the Sanctum Sanctorum’s hallway now, heading for the front door. We see him from the side, coat-tails billowing behind him as he walks quickly towards the door.

Panel 2. A view of the front door from Strange’s POV, a small pile of letters piled up underneath it. The top one is an orange-coloured postcard from Stark Industries, though we’re too far away to see any of its detail yet.

STRANGE (OP):

He could at least pick my letters up…

Panel 3. Another side view as Strange stoops down to pick up his mail.

STRANGE:

Stark Industries? I’d have thought physical mail was beneath Tony Stark…

Panel 4. A close-up of the card in Strange’s hand: Tony Stark is dressed as a crude version of Strange, complete with bad white hair paint and a curtain wrapped around his shoulders as a cape. Tony’s hands are raised in a typically Strange fashion–fingers outstretched in a weirdly flamboyant way. Across the top in orange lettering, it reads: “TONY STARK HOPES YOU HAVE A SUPREME HALLOWEEN.”

Panel 5. Back to Strange, who is burning the card in his hand with a small magical flame, frustrated and angered.

Panel 6. Strange exits through the Sanctum Sanctorum’s front door in a huff, tiny glowing embers falling at his feet as he does.

PAGE SEVEN: (One Panel)

Splash page: A low angle view of Strange as he walks along the street, the tall apartment buildings of Greenwich Village towering behind him. His head is turned, tilted up towards the sky. His eyebrows are furrowed, deep in contemplation. Several passers-by are walking in the background, none of them noticing or commenting on Strange. Against the bright sky, the red and purple hues of Strange’s dream-world are bleeding into the blue above him.(Each sentence has its own balloon, spaced evenly around the page.)

CAP: Still drifting, even in waking. My own ignorance frustrates me. It is no-one’s fault but my own, and I do not know how to stop this unknown world from seeping into mine. There is too much to think about and I cannot clear my mind…

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cassieparkes: Hmm interesting indeed. Lots of people, me included, are not fans of script since we often see them poorly done, and generally believe them to be a lazy way to write a story. That said the ones written well are a joy to read and yours fits into that category. While I would have preferred prose, this is still a well written piece of writing, as such keep up the good work.

CassieParkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@impurestcheese: Thank you very much! I agree with you that prose is a lot easier/more interesting to read--it's a finished product after all, compared to a script which is more of a blueprint. I just wanted some practice with script writing and I'm glad it paid off and you enjoyed it! :) Thanks again for reading.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese
4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers