Destiny of Fate

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
DESTINY OF FATE - All characters are created by myself.  Any similarities between them and any current characters or creations are completely coincidental.   The original story line is something I created a few years ago and have occasionally reworked over the years.

RATING - FR18 - There will be slight violence that will involve blood.

I figured I would do something a little different and start at the end.  Hope y'all enjoy it.  If it shows interest I will post more and for some fun I'm posting a drawing, version 2 of the character.

caption
caption

INTRODUCTION

An icy chill of death whips through the air like daggers, the white skinned woman with hair stained with blood looms over her adversary with an odd look of satisfaction and regret on her face.  She touches his dirty young face; her long red finger nails gliding with the gentle touch of a mother over his skin.  The tall building they sit on feels like its ripping his skin apart as she has her prey pinned to the edge.  The streets below buzz with the late night sounds of people on their way home from parties and late night shifts at work.  An odd siren is heard in the distance.

“We have arrived; you and I are on the precipice of our destinies.  You sought to vanquish me, the greatest evil the world has ever known, yet here you are, lying on your back, your breath staggered, your heart beat erratic.  Ah, yes.”  She breathes out, her voice calm yet still held the sound of empowerment.  Her hand rests on his bare chest, his clothes ripped and bloodied.   “Your heart, it aches so, like lost love, a yearning.  Why is that so? Has your destiny not been to end me, to hunt down evil and stop it before it consumes the world?  Ah, or is that what you were told.”

The wind howls through my ears as she speaks, I can barely make out her words, but I hear her in my mind, her hand is like ice over my heart and I have hardly enough energy to even keep my eyes open, not that it matters, I can hardly see.  What went wrong?  Her finger nails are starting to dig into my chest, I know its supposed to hurt like hell but right now I’m not sure what I’m suppose to feel.  I thought I was suppose to win, I thought I was the good guy, how come now I’m the one under her wondering if I’m going to die.

“Are you still with me darling? Or have you finally slipped beyond?  Ah no, I still feel your heart beat.  Maybe now would be a good time to rip it out of your body before you die.  At least then you can feel the one thing you still have left being taken from you.”

I heard that, I know what she’s about to do, I’ve seen her do it before.  It’s a vision that stuck with me even more so then the day I first met her.  I was trying to be the hero then, but wasn’t I?  I saved someone, I saved the girl.  I was the angel, the knight in shining armour. 

“Lyla…I’m so sorry.”  Luke mutters from his dry cracked and blood caked lips.

“What did you just say?”  The white skinned woman says intrigued.

Was that out loud? Dammit I can’t tell anymore, everything is blurred.  Lyla, she made me want to do this, I wanted to be the protector.

‘You haven’t called for us, you haven’t even screamed.’

I know those voices, they talk as one but there are three, the ones who gave me this destiny, told me it was my fate.  Why are they here now?

‘This wasn’t the way it was supposed to be, you were the one, and you were supposed to end her.’

I tried, oh god how I tried.  They just don’t understand that this isn’t me, I’m not a killer.

‘She’s not human, she’s evil, the purest evil ever to walk the earth.  You let her live, she will spurn this world into eternal darkness.’

The Fates, they are the ones who gave me this path; they told me I was born for this very reason.  Everything sounds so confusing.    I don’t remember much right now, all my memories are flooding my mind, my life is flashing before my eyes……oh god my life is flashing before my eyes.

“What are you trying to say? Are you begging for your life?” The woman asks, as her fingers press past his skin.

Her, the evil, yeah she’s still here, she’s holding me down, she’s toying with me before she kills me.  I can feel her now, I can feel the pain, she’s digging down, she’s gonna…..yeah that hurt like hell, my ribs are cracking, she’s reaching for my heart…..Lyla……I gave her my heart, I promised it to her.  She can’t……she can’t take it.

‘Then don’t let her take it, we chose you, we gave you power, we even gave you love again, if evil takes that she will turn it against man kind.’

I have nothing left, my power is gone, I’m beaten, its over.  But this isn’t fair is it, everyone just came in at the end and I thought I had forever.

‘Then maybe we need to start over.’

Fates, what are they going to do?  I feel weird, like a thread unweaving, this is their last chance, I can change my fate, and they want me to start over.  So this is where you came in and now you get to learn the whole story……

As the Fates pull the fabric of time apart and reweave every event back from finish to start, they risk upsetting everything that has happened up to this point.  They can’t make a mistake, everything has to go back the way it was, but this one little part, this point where their hero falls, that anomaly just got yanked out like a loose thread and thrown to the wind.  The evil doesn’t realize what is going on, all she can see is a brilliant white light burning at her skin as she tries to reach for her prey’s heart.  She won’t give up though, she won’t lose out on this glorious victory, but the Fates won’t let that happen, no they can’t let that happen, but this is his only chance, the fabric of time is not meant to be torn apart like this and the strands are no longer woven together, but individually, alone they can not stand to be torn apart again.  They will break and everything will fall into itself.

Nothing will be remembered beyond the beginning, you will know that your fate has heralded a greater destiny and nothing more.  We cannot allow you to know the future, we have risked everything to bring you back to this point, do not disappoint us again.’

So the Fates are the last thing I hear and the first, I guess this is where we really begin.