batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

From the ashes of DC Mayhem comes something...SENSATIONAL!

Chen Psychiatry, Bergen Square, Philadelphia

“And then what happened?”

Ravan looked up from his day dreaming, “Pardon?”

The psychiatrist paced the room “You just trailed off at the end. You can’t leave your story there!*”

Ravan stroked his beard gently “I am here for therapy not your entertainment, Dr Chen.”

Dr Chen threw his hands up “You are the most infuriating patient I have ever worked with!”

Ravan smiled and stood as he headed to the window to admire the view. “Where was I up to?”

No Caption Provided

Dr Chen grabbed his notebook and flicked through it “So far you’ve talked about your training under various masters, how Kobra killed your mother, your brief incarceration at Iron Heights and subsequent escape whilst nearly blinding Mammoth, seeing…”

Ravan spun on his heels, snapped his fingers and pointed at the blabbering shrink “Do NOT say her name, or I will remove your tongue!”

Dr Chen gulped “Okay…um, yeah, okay, calm down. Yes, um, how you fought Superman after blowing up parts of Metropolis and then being kidnapped by the terror group Morningstar who put a shock chip in your head forcing you to work for them. You then robbed a bank and…”

Ravan looked back out the window over the New York skyline “And I killed them all, well most of them. The Atomic Skull is alive mainly because Superman intervened.”

“What about the chip in your head?”

Ravan sighed and rested his head upon the glass, “After we killed Thomas Moxon the head of Zesti Cola in New Carthage we were given free time. I travelled to Markovia to help with the other mission at STAR Labs which I found out was actually for Kobra. I sabotaged the mission and then forced two scientists to perform surgery on me without anaesthesia to remove the chip. I returned to the Morningstar where I killed Sportsmaster and donned his costume. I then killed Dhaman and made a move on Atomic Skull. He activated the chip which to his surprise didn’t work but did explode a poor pizza delivery boy at the Daily Planet; this action along with the homing beacon I attached to it brought a very angry Superman to Morningstar. I escaped in the subsequent confusion and confronted Harvest.”

“Did you have feelings for her?”

“I have feelings only for Kali and for my love,” Ravan replied “All must die doctor, this way her death went towards the delaying of the Kali Yuga.”

Dr Chen took a seat “So how do you feel?”

Ravan looked up at the clock “I believe that is all I have time for this week Dr Chen.”

Chen walked over to the good looking man dressed in white “This week, if at all possible, I would like you to try not killing anyone.”

Ravan burst into laughter and patted him on the shoulder “Very amusing. I suppose Kali will just delay herself?”

No Caption Provided

Merlyn looked over the top of his paper slightly as he noticed the tanned man in loose white clothes walking up the street. To the untrained eye he was just another foreigner but Merlyn spotted the traits of a seasoned fighter, a coiled spring ready to attack. He watched the man pass by before making a call.

“Rozakis & Grell Shipping.”

“Accounts department.” said Merlyn as he checked the sports section and smiled as he read the basketball score of 86-83 of the Metropolis Generals over the Gotham Gators in basketball.

“One moment.” the phone filled with terrible cover of an Air Supply song.

“Please enter account number followed by the hash key.”

Merlyn tapped the numbers in and waited.

“Very early for you Arthur,” said the Calculator from the other end “Must be to gloat about the Generals?”

“A little,” The killer smiled politely as the waitress refilled his coffee “But I need some information.”

“You pay, I provide.”

Merlyn blew the steam off the cup “Sending you a picture, need to know who he is.”

“Have a job for you, hot off the press,” replied the Calculator as his fingers tapped away at the keyboard “Only problem is it’s in Gotham.”

Merlyn rolled his eyes “Of course it’s in Gotham. Let me guess another bright spark has put a bounty on the Bat?”

“A cat actually,” Calculator looked at the photo he just received “Hmmm.”

“Hmmm good or hmmm bad?” Merlyn asked.

“Arthur, how would you feel if I sold YOUR information onto another assassin?”

“I knew that kid was someone!” stated Merlyn as he shifted in his seat making sure there was nobody around who shouldn’t be. “Who?”

“So when he asks about you, I tell him?”

Merlyn rubbed his chin in contemplation. “I pay, you provide is the deal. I’ll pay you to shut the hell up. Now who is he?”

“Money first Arthur, then information,” said the Calculator smugly from the safety of being hundreds of miles away as he brought up the file on Ravan.

Ravan walked casually pondering what Dr Chen had said about no killing. He did not mindlessly slaughter people like one of those costumed idiots. Those he killed were for the greater good of delaying the coming Kali Yuga, to balance the scales that Kobra and others who wished to usher in the age of Kali Yuga; an age of chaos, fire and death. Inaction would be an offense to him and to Kali. By not appeasing his deity he may as well join the forces of Kobra.

“Forgive my thoughts O Kali,” Ravan prayed aloud “I mean no disrespect.”

Ravan heard sniggering. He slowed his walked to see three Haitian men standing nearby pointing and muttering as they leant against a tree.

Ravan looked around unsure of how far he’d walked or even where he was. “Could either of you three gentlemen tell me where I am?”

“You in my park mon!” called the leader who flashed a mouthful of gold teeth. “Best be paying for directions.”

“Really? A traveller asks for directions and you attempt to rob him?” Ravan cocked an eyebrow.

“We be not trying mon,” he laughed as he pulled out a pistol and held it sideways as the other two circled him like dogs.

“I apologise Dr Chen,” Ravan placed his left hand over his right fist and bowed “I did try.”

To be continued

Notes:

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@batkevin74: Like I've said before, I really enjoyed this, and I'm still deeply sorry that I've never got around to reading more of your work on Ravan. This is really exciting, and I'm looking forward to working with you.

Now, we need to get you some readers. @joygirl, @impurestcheese, @dngn4774, @wildvine. All you Mayhemites. Come check out Kev's stuff to. This guy is a big inspiration to me, so he deserves a lot of attention to.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: An interesting read. Will keep an eye out for it in the future. If I knew more about DC I'd be tempted to join Mayhem or Sensational but alas I don't

It's not my Doctor Chen is it? LOL
It's not my Doctor Chen is it? LOL

@delphic: You're getting distracted. The Masters are not happy about breaking your promise

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@delphic: I meant about attempting to read a certain persons work

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Oh, oops. I'll get on that here real soon. I'm having to juggle work right now, but I'll try sneaking at least a couple chapters in. ^_^

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: See that you do or I'll set the Bobbit Worms on you. :-P

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks, glad you liked it. Ravan is a strange, wonderful thing who is unlike the normal bad guy turned good trope or even the villain with the heart of gold...he's actually saving the universe one killing at a time :)

@delphic: Part 2 will be up shortly, feels good to be back in a DCU

@impurestcheese: We're hoping for two chapters per month; enough to keep interest whilst not mucking up any other group commitments and catering for a life -gasp- outside of comic vine

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Sometimes life gets in the way. Last Sunday for example I had my memorial jump (in memory of my twin sister Joanne) which ate up a lot of time but it had to be done

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Hence the two in a month coz we all got things to do occassionally

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Sure but there's nothing like jumping out of a plane to get your imagination working into overdrive

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers