DC Reinvented: Green Lantern #1 (of ?)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Coast City, 1989

"It's going to be okay son..." The glowing man said as he stepped through the window followed a dozen blue, floating dwarfs.

"Who... who are you?"

"My name's Alan Scott... and you Hal Jordan are destined to be the most powerful person on the planet..."

Oa, 2013

"In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night No Evil Shall Escape My Sight. Let those who worship Evil's Might, Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!"

"That's what you came up with?" Ganthet asked.

"What? It's my oath to the corp. It'll pass the test. What's wrong with it?"

"It's the most basic of all the Lantern oaths. It's been used millions of times over the Corps' history."

"So?"

"So it shows a lack of effort on your part."

"It just kind of sung to me..." Hal Jordan said with a smile. Today was his last day as a trainee. The last day of a grueling 24 year long routine of training to be a Green Lantern. Today was the day.

"Hal. It's time." Alan Scott said from the door.

Hal grinned as he walked past his mentor and into the training center.

"Hal Jordan AKA Trainee recruit number 200175 in the Corps' proud history. Welcome." Sinestro said as Hal Jordan walked into the room. "This will be your last test. Your LAST barrier before becoming your planet's most powerful protector."

"Most powerful?"

"Earth has changed since you were last there. Now... are you ready?"

"I am."

Hal pulled his ring from his pocket and placed it on his middle finger. With a thought green energy wrapped around his skin before unfolding into a costume.

No Caption Provided

"Good. You've learned well. Now... how many different color corps are there?"

"3. Not including us or Larlfleeze. There is the Red. The Blue. The Indigo and the Violet Sapphires."

"Good. Now who started our order?"

"Abin Sur did... 15 million years ago. Before... the incident."

"Yes. Now who are the leaders of ALL the corps? Including us and the Orange?"

"Ah... for the Red Lanterns we have Atrocitus, for the Blue Lanterns we have Saint Walker, for the Sapphires we have Ferris, for us we have you... Great Sinestro and the Indigos have Indigo 1. Oh and Larlfleeze leads the Orange "corps"."

"Correct on all but one. You were wrong with the Indigo Tribe. Indigo 1 is but a figure head. The REAL leader is unknown to us."

"I apologize great Sinestro."

"Why? You've passed with flying colors! Welcome my friend... to the Corps!"

Hal smiled as he shook Sinestro's hand. Today was the best day of his life. Little did he know it was also Sinestro's last...

Earth's orbit.

"I'm very proud of you Hal!" Alan said as they flew towards the planet below.

"Thank you sir. It's been an honor to have been trained by you."

"You can stop it with that master bull. We're on the same level now."

"Not quite. You're still many ranks above me."

"True. However you have so much more potential then me! You were the first Lantern to have been trained for so long! From such a young age! You'll reach the rank of Alpha in no time!"

"So... this is home?"

"Yep. Welcome to Coast City! I've got everything set up for you! An apartment, job. Don't worry. All will be well."

"Keep talking like that and you'll trade the green for a blue ring."

Back on Oa, Sinestro's Quarters...

"WHO DARES ENTER MY CHAMBERS?! I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD FOR THIS Y-"

"No... no you won't Sinestro. You're not going to hurt anyone ever again."

"...Who are you?"

"You know me as Atrocitus... and this is your last moment alive."

Before Sinestro could react Atrocitus had fired a blast of red energy hitting Sinestro in the chest. Atrocitus quickly charged towards him and smashed his hand into Sinesto's chest before pulling out his heart. Sinestro gasped for a second before collapsing on the floor.

Dead.

Atrocitus grinned as he raised Sinestro's heart above his head.

"Hail the Red Lanterns..."

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RedHood13

Oh my gosh this is AMAZING!!!!!! I already love this! MAKE #2 NOW!!!!!

And here's your cover

No Caption Provided

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By dngn4774

@tommythehitman: I liked how you approached this story. Giving Hal decades of training instead of only a few weeks was smart, so was using Alan Scott as a mentor.

Just one thing bugged me

"Good. You've learned well. Now... how many different color corps are there?"

"3. Not including us or Larlfleeze. There is the Red. The Blue. The Indigo and the Violet Sapphires."

Shouldn't that count as four?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman

@dngn4774: Yeah I made a mistake. I originally meant for there to be 4 (counting Larlfleeze) but changed it to 5 at the last minute.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MakkyD

@tommythehitman: Loving this!!! But, but,but....how will the Sinestro corps get created without Sinestro! :P Also I like the lack of guardians, always bugged me in the actual series and hoping to see the closer relationship between the corps as I've seen so far.

SteveMcQueen36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By SteveMcQueen36

^ You didn't like the Guardians? I dig the idea of them but when I started writing Marvel Blackest Night I really changed em.