DC Re-Created: The Titans #9

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

"Our target is an organization that for years, even before superhumans became public knowledge. They abduct superhumans and then train and evolve their abilities so that they can become super-powered soldiers or assassins. The organization was nicknamed "The Brain Trust" due to them mostly focusing on mental powers. Remember Psimon? He was their first success.

The Brain Trust lure the potential recruits with scholarships from upscale schools that the own, like Metropolis Academy Of Arts And Science. While the "Brain Trust" promises an education, they really take new members to a secluded location. By isolating them from society, the Brain Trust is able to mold the new members as they see fit. This way, there's little chance any members will rebel against the beliefs of the organization."

Complete silence.

"... Okay, how the HELL do you know all this stuff!?"

"... Because I'm the worlds greatest detective."

He felt like an idiot. Of coarse they found it fishy. And explaining everything with I'm rich can only get a guy so far.

The Titans, San Francisco's defenders, were right now giving Arsenal distrustful looks. Until now, they had no problems with him. He had given them a secret base, and he had been great to work with even though he wasn't a full-time member. Unofficially, he was the leader, mostly because he was the one who acted as a veteran.

"Look, isn't this a TINY BIT out of our league?" Bunker asked. "I mean, we fight monsters and super-villains who attack this city. This kind of stuff, it's like James Bond or something!"

"... Who's James Bond?" Impulse asked.

"I know, I know..." Arsenal sighed. "Look... I just happen to know about the location of a bunch of SOBs have their soldier-factory. And I don't know anyone else I can ask for help from. And SOMEONE got to stop them, right?"

"Well..." Solstice hesitated. "... yeah, but..."

"Guys! I don't want to sound like a d%ck here, but I've helped you out with getting your team started up, didn't I? I'm asking you to help me with this. This will be the only time I will demand a favor."

The word "Demand" was a little strong, but what could he do?

Recently, Roy had received a text on his phone. It was from whoever had send him the words "THE WORLD IS OURS" when he tried to interrogate Psimon... and he then died. Just like then, He could't trace the number. The message said; "Come alone to the Coffee Bee. 30 minutes. Be alone. Don't look at me when we meet."

And he had been stupid enough to do it. Now he had a folder with information about the Brain Trust and how he could infiltrate it. Problem: he got it by the terms made by a terrorist. It could get him kicked out of CADMUS, or worse; deem him traitor to the country. And with a boss like Waller, he might be lucky if that was all that would happen to him.

So, why not just burn the folder, forget all about it and pretend it never happened? Because he was stupid enough to believe that there is such as thing as "Doing the right thing."

"... Okay, I'm in." Solstice said.

"As long as it still involves butt-kicking." Impulse said.

"Sorry, amigo. Of coarse we are all in. Right Cyborg?"

"... Arsenal, could I talk with you under four eyes?"

The rest of the Titans stayed at the meeting table, as Cyborg and Arsenal went into the computer-room and closed the door.

"Red..." Cyborg looked very seriously at Arsenal. "There's something you'r not telling us."

"Yep, that's right."

"... What?"

"I'm a superhero. OF COARSE there are stuff I'm not telling you, hence the mask."

"Come on, Solstice and Bunker told us who they really are."

"Are you saying that it's a rule to not have a secret identity here? That I can't have any secrets?"

"No, I'm saying that having secrets for your team-mates is a bad idea!"

"Oh, for the love of... Stone, can you look me in the eyes and tell me that you have NO SECRETS for the others?"

Batman handed Cyborg a couple of blueprints. "I need your help to build this. I call it Brother Eye."

"... Okay, fine... So, how are we suppose to nail those Brain guys?"

"It involves you using that computer-brain of yours to fake data that will make Impulse a art-student."

Three weeks later...

"I swear allegiance to HIVE, to her highness Zazzala the Queen Bee. I swear to crush her enemies. There shall be blood on my hands."

Martin A. White looked pleased at the room full of students, all of them obeying him without any problems. They looked at him with soulless eyes. They would do whatever he told them to.

"Everyone, take your seats. Today, we are adding another to the fold. Late enrollment isn't preferred, but I've been told that this young man is very promising." A young man, also wearing a black school uniform entered the room. "Meet Gary Stu Porter. Let's make him feel welcome."

Impulse bit his lower lib. I'm so dead! he thought for himself as he took place at an empty desk.

"Now, Gary... Tell us a little about yourself." White smiled, as he started to use his telepathic powers to whip the boys mind.

And failed. He couldn't sense the boy's thoughts at all.

"... Young man." White looked at the boy. His joy of having a new mind to form was gone. "What is your name?"

"No, Impulse, NO!" Arsenal rolled his eyes. "You're doing it again!"

"Doing what?" Impulse felt like a kindergartner, being belittled like this.

"You titter when you try to lie. You got to relax. Or it just won't work!"

"But they can't read my mind, right? and Cyborg is going to hack their files, so that I will be registered in their system as that stupid-named guy, right? What's the point?"

"The point is, that once they figure out that they can't read your thoughts, they will get suspicious. And if they can see that your lying, then they will throw you into a little box, and you won't be able to ruin the electric equipment. And our chances for will be around he size of a mouse-toe. Now, take a deep breath, relax, and then look me directly in the eyes. What is your name?"

"My name is Gary Stu Porter, sir." Impulse said completely calm to White.

"And you have just been sent here?" White asked.

"Yes sir. I was asked to leave class yesterday. A woman told me that I had superpowers, that they could sense it with a machine or something. That this place would teach me how to use them."

"You didn't know about these powers until recently?"

"I noticed that I was pretty fast, didn't know I was super-fast."

"Have you told anyone about your... transferring?"

"No, I was told that I could't tell about it to anyone, that it was a state secret or something."

White stared at Impulse.

"Have I done something wrong, sir?"

"Not at all, young man." White looked at Impulse like he was something good to eat. "I think we can expect great things from you. Plastique!" A red-haired woman who had stood guard outside the room came in. "Take Mr Porter to special-class."

Impulse left the room with Plastique. The walked through a long white corridor, until they reached a door with a sign saying "Special Class." As they entered the room, Impulse saw a familiar face. But sadly not a friendly one.

"Brother Blood, we have a new student who needs a little more... teaching."

"Exelent. Welcome young man. We were just about to start today's lesson."

Impulse looked around. There was nothing in the room. No chairs, no tables, nothing besides some other people. All of them looked like they were of low spirit.

"... Um, are we going somewhere else, or..."

"No, young man. Just stand next to Joseph over there." Blood pointed at a guy with blond hair and blue eyes. "Alright, let's start today's lesson... ROSE, stand up straight!" A girl with almost white hair stopped looking at her shoes, and paid attention to Blood. Blood pressed on a button next to the door, and everyone now stare at another wall, that in fact was a gigantic TV-screen. On it, the word HIVE appeared with big fat red letters. Then, a loud voice yelled at them from the screen:

"NO ONE LOVES YOU BUT HIVE! YOU MUST SERVE HIVE! WITHOUT HIVE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD! NO ONE LOVES YOU BUT HIVE! YOU MUST SERVE HIVE! WITHOUT HIVE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD! NO ONE LOVES YOU BUT HIVE! YOU MUST SERVE HIVE! WITHOUT HIVE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD!"

Impulse closed his eyes, trying to remember what Arsenal told him to do.

"When I was a kid, I was raised... religiously. I learned a way to achieve serenity. Impulse, I want you to close your eyes. Now, forget all about boredom, doubt, want and malice..."

"What's malice?" Impulse asked.

"... It means wanting to harm others... Anyway, forget anything negative. Forget where you are. That you are somewhere else, somewhere far away fromIMPULSE, CLOSE YOUR EYES!"

"Sorry..."

"... You are somewhere far away from the bad environment. What do you imagine?"

"Um... A garden? Gardens are nice. Um... with a lot of blue flowers."

"Good. When they start torturing you, imagine yourself in the garden. It won't make it painless, but it will help."

"NO ONE LOVES YOU BUT HIVE! YOU MUST SERVE HIVE! WITHOUT HIVE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD!"

"... Can I go, please?" A boy with brown hair asked. "It fells like we been here forever... I need to go to the bathroom..."

"Emerson, be quiet." Brother Blood said calmly.

"But..."

"Be quiet, or you can become a mute like Joseph Wilson."

"NO ONE LOVES YOU BUT HIVE! YOU MUST SERVE HIVE! WITHOUT HIVE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD!"

To be continued...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

"Look, isn't this a TINY BIT out of our league?" Bunker asked. "I mean, we fight monsters and super-villains who attack this city. This kind of stuff, it's like James Bond or something!"

"... Who's James Bond?" Bunker asked.

You're probably going to need to change one of those names.

It's Plastique. Not Plastigue.

And in the terms that you're using it, it's COURSE. Not coarse.

Other then those typos however I really enjoyed this issue. The Brain Trust seem to be pretty awesome at being villains and the dialogue is pretty funny as always.

iconrocket123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Keeps it so down to earth. I like the banter between them though, shows that they are just kids with powers, and that they can't grow up that fast. Great issue besides the typos

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By johnny_blaze

Impulse is going to screw this up somehow.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"... Who's James Bond?" Bunker asked.

You're probably going to need to change one of those names.

It's Plastique. Not Plastigue.

And in the terms that you're using it, it's COURSE. Not coarse.

Other then those typos however I really enjoyed this issue. The Brain Trust seem to be pretty awesome at being villains and the dialogue is pretty funny as always.

Sorry, I should have waited till tomorrow before posting it. So tired now. I will fix it tomorrow.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impulse is going to screw this up somehow.

Have faith.... Ah, who are we kidding?

Keeps it so down to earth. I like the banter between them though, shows that they are just kids with powers, and that they can't grow up that fast. Great issue besides the typos

You saying it's not realistic enough? And sorry about the typos, will fix them tomorrow.

And thanks

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@waezi2: He's saying that it is. And I think it's time for Bart and Barry to meet up, no?

jademartian038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 Awesome stuff! Can't wait for more!!!

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers