DC Re-Created: The Titans #12

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

(W2 note: Yeah, it's been a long time since I wrote T chapter 11. Just not been... in the mood to write Titans. I will get this storyline over with, so I can start introducing Raven to the team. Sorry, and hope you enjoy.)

Six years ago...

"I don't understand, daddy."

A nine year old boy with colorless skin looked confused and scared at his father, hoping for an answer. His father had always made him feel safe. Not unusual for children to feel safe with their parents. But Edgar's father was like not like any other father. He would never let anything bad happen to his little boy. Edgar didn't understand what kind of business his father drew. All he knew was that everyone listened to him and did what he told them to without question it.

"Son..." Tobias Whale looked at his little boy. "The world is changing. Before, all you needed to do was being tougher than anyone else, and you would be fine. That's how I got to be in the position I'm in today. But if all those super-freak starts to become a regular thing, then I won't be as tough as I used to be."

"...Daddy?"

"If you want to be something in this world, then you need an edge, Edgar. And you got that edge. But you need to learn how to use it."

"But dad, all I can do is make pencils float in the air."

"Right now, yeah. But with some help from these guys I know, you can do so much more. You gotta be strong for me. Okay?"

"... Okay, daddy."

They hugged, as a couple of men in yellow an black armor appeared in front of them. They were led by a man in a blue business suit.

"Is that the boy?" The man in he suit asked.

"Yeah, that's my son. And if you harm him, then I will-"

"Don't flatter yourself, Whale." Damien Darhk smirked. "We only allow the boy to be part of the "Brain Trust" project in order to return the favor we owe you."

Whale glared at Darhk, knowing he was right. The punk couldn't be more than 19 years old, and he was already in a osistion of power, WAY above Whale. All thanks to those GI Joe rejects.

"... Follow the men in bee costumes, Edgar." Whale gave his son one final hug. "Do what they tell you to, and you will be fine. I will see you soon."

"Oh, and Whale?" Darhk said, before he and the drone-soldiers left with Edgar. "You probably already realized this, but if you ever tell anyone about HIVE, we will kill your son."

Present day...

"Sir!" The young man known as the Albino knocked on the door to White's office. "Sir, we have a situation at the gym-hall."

"One second." White changed form, so that he would appear human, before he opened the door. "What do you mean we have a situation? Did one of the students break out of his cell?"

"Not one, TWO students. Chappell caught them."

"That's impossible..." White made a sound like an angry animal. "Alright, you're coming with me, Albino."

As the two men arrived at the gym-hall, the coach was waiting for them, looking rather proud of having beating up two teenagers who were now tied up in ropes and unconscious.

"I got the punks!" Coach said with a smirk on his face. "Must be worth an promotion or something, right?"

"Shut up, Chapell." White said annoyed. "The important thing isn't that they were caught, but how they escaped in the first place. Albino, did they break up the cells?"

"No, sir. That's what is so confusing. The cells haven't been opened at all. Maybe there has been phasing involved-"

"Not a possibility." White interrupted him. "I recognize the two of them. The boy started here recently. He has increased speed, and some sort of resistance to my telepathy. And that's Rose Wilson who can damp powers. I can't... wait a minute..."

".. What?" Both the Albino and coach asked.

"... Chapell, why can't I read your mind?"

"Get them!"

Before the Albino could react, he got a left hook by the Chapell who were possessed by Joseph Wilson. Then the two escaping student stopped pretending to be knocked out, and the boy jumped at White. He held a stick in his hand, that he made burn by superspeed friction, and stabbed White.

"AAAAAAAAAAARRGH!!!!"

The Albino had always known that Mr. White wasn't an ordinary human.

But he now realized that White wasn't human at all, as he changed form in front of him. He was now something very much NOT human.

No Caption Provided

"An alien?" Impulse asked surprised.

"Sure, why not?" Arsenal asked. "Superman and Icon are aliens. I bet there are plenty of spacemen on the planet."

"And all I have to do is using fire on him?"

"No, fire is just to weaken him, and make him revert to his original form. When he is all white and ugly, you have to do your vibration-thing and take out the electric device that's implanted in his neck."

"What is it, anyway. A power-up gizmo?"

"Damn straight. It's what keep all the students brainwashed. Once it's out, and he loses his concentration by being burned-"

"... Mommy?"

Molly had been abducted when she was seven. She had been in the Brain Trust for four years. Not a single thought had gone through her head since she arrived. Her mind had been stripped from anything but training into becoming a soldier for HIVE.

But now, her head was normal again. As you can imagine, that was quite a shock for the eleven year old girl.

"Where am I? What's-"

"Who are you? I don't know any of-"

"I'm SCARED!!!"

"Mommy! Da-"

"They told me they would help me! They-"

She was the first of the 52 boys and girls in the sleeping hall for the brainwashed students. All of them confused. Then they got scared. And then; angry. And since they had been mentally lobotomized, Mr. White didn't mean that setting up security for them was necessary. But now, the youngsters ran around in the halls, angry and confused. All of them with powers of some sort. Fire-beating, therianthropy, increased strength. Many different powers, all used to destroy the surroundings for no other reason than utter confusion.

It was the first time in the eight years the BT had existed that the HIVE-drones had to be called into service, trying to get the situation under control.

They failed.

To be continued...

iconrocket123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I liked the reference to the other heroes. I like the martian pick too, really adds to the story.