DC Re-Created: The NEW Suicide Squad #1

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By _Atomikill_

Side Note- The previous Suicide Squad series, written by KingMagnus, is now retconned.

Rated M for language. Slight violins. Not violence. Violins.

Takes place after the events of Underworld Unleashed.

___

Amanda Waller stormed off down a long, dimly lit hallway, an assistant behind her trying to talk some sense. Throughout the hallway were several steel doors that held varying captured villains, monsters, or more, that were too dangerous for even the roughest prisons.

"Ms. Waller, you can't ju-" He started, raising a hand.

"Can't just what?" She suddenly reeled around growling. "Undead souls attacked the goddmn world not even two whole weeks ago, and there isn't a bit of organization to the counter attack. That's why we're doing this, this..."

"Suicide squad?!" The assistant spat, as he turned and walked away, muttering and growling about how she was arrogant, or how the idea would fail utterly.

Waller turned and sighed, continuing down the hall until she reached a steel door marked- 'BLACK'. Dialing in a four-digit keycode, the steel doors slid open. Inside, a man with punkish pink hair sat on a steel cell bunk for sleeping, bouncing a tennis ball off of the roof to the building.

Wearing a flashing red wristband around an orange jumpsuit, he snarled at Waller when she came in. "What the devil do you want, bi-" He started, but was rudely interrupted.

"Manchester Black. International super villain, with the powers of telekinesis and telepathy. Life sentence to rot in here." She said coolly. Amanda Waller grabbed a gun looking object from her belt and aimed it at the wristband.

No Caption Provided

A chime went off, and the wristband popped off. "My powers are back...!" Black said as he floated up into the air laughing, feeling the rush of power flow back into him.

"And there is a bomb inside of you." Waller said coolly as she grabbed a magazine from the ground- they had allowed the criminal many privileges in his cell. Magazines, a tennis ball, and a small bar were some of them.

"What did you say?" He sputtered, falling from mid-air as he looked at her.

"You heard. There is about an extra pound of semtex charges placed on the interior of your body, squeezed in around your most vital organs. Brain was complicated, so there is simply a few ounces in your ear canals- why I suspect you didn't hear me the first time." She said bitterly, flipping the book open as she read.

"Why the hell would you do that?" He demanded.

Amanda smiled. "To control you. Right now, there are people watching you through cameras. If you hurt me, they'll make you explode." She explained. "Your clothes are down the hall to the left, you will go- put them on- and wait there. Or you will explode."

"Damn. What's all this for?" Black asked, headed toward the door.

Smiling lightly now, she said the words carefully. "A Suicide Squad." Waller walked swiftly back down the hallway, while Black walked the other way.

___

"Miss, I can't find my mommy!" Toddler Marion Louise Dahl said innocently, widening her bright blue eyes at the bank teller.

"Oh, poor thing, where did she go?" The woman asked as she crouched down, looking at the small girl. The toddler sniffed and pointed to the doors.

"Ok, stay here, I will go check." She smiled brightly, walking over to the door- searching for the mother.

Waiting a few moments so nobody would be watching, Marion grinned. Walking toward the vault behind the bank's kiosk, she ripped off the head of the teddy bear to reveal a computer chip, which she pulled out and inserted into the vaults keypad- which she had to stand up on her tippy toes for.

Instantly the numbers on the keypad flashed different numbers till it hit the responsive code, opening the door. Smiling, she picked up her teddy bear and walked in.

However, this was stopped when the entire building was lifted up and out of the ground, so that the toddler was the only person standing there. Looking around, she noticed a man with punkish pink hair, and a black leather jacket with the british flag on his shirt. Standing next to him was an African-American woman in a nice business suit.

"Semtex." Amanda said.

"Semtex." Black repeated, as small- almost invisible- amounts of semtex explosives flew toward the child. Inserted into her ears, with her not being allowed to move, it was carefully put into her ear canal.

"Marion Louise Dahl, aka Baby Doll. A middle aged woman born with a rare disease that allows her not to age past three." Amanda said, walking over to the girl. "Who is going to do what I say or else explode."

___

"Haul her up, Mac." Lobo barked as a few trucks carried a very large satellite through a field. Several scientists stood at bay, writing down notes as the biker walked up to the gargantuan piece of technology, grabbing the handles that had been designed for him.

"Alright Lobo, if you complete this test, we will grant you permission to leave." A scientist said as he looked down on a clipboard, scribbling notes at a furious rate.

"I better be able to leave. Cuz you science guys are really f_cking boring." He yawned as he waved a lock of ebony black hair out of his face, grabbing the latch again as he threw the satellite effortlessly up into the air. It sailed up until it was just a small dot- but, there was a problem.

It was getting bigger. The satellite was falling. And everyone knew it.

"Suck it, nerds." Lobo grinned as he turned to watch the fireworks. However, he turned to only be face to face with Amanda Waller. Manchester Black and Baby Doll stood next to her.

"Black. Can you catch it?" Waller asked.

"Sorry mate, never did a full on satellite before..." Black said, impressed by the Czarnian's power.

"All as well. Baby Doll. The needle." She said.

"Who the he-" Lobo started, when he got a nasty needle jammed in his leg from a three year old.

"Lobo. My name is Amanda Waller. There isn't much time to explain. In forty two seconds that satellite is going to crush all of us, killing everyone." She said.

"Cept me." Lobo smirked.

"Well, we just injected you with nanites that will negate your healing factor upon my request. So..."

Lobo looked her in the eye before slowly realizing what exactly that meant. "Oh, you litt-" He snarled, swiping a fist at Waller- when he suddenly froze. Held in place by Manchester Black.

"Ok, mate, let's put you over there." He said, using his telekinesis to move Lobo over to where the satellite was to land- in the nick of time, too.

Crashing down right on top of the madman, the satellite crumbled like paper, surrounding Lobo as he prevented it from causing too much collateral damage.

Silence washed over as dust settled. Ears were still ringing when Lobo burst out of the side of the satellite, perfectly unscathed. His healing factor had made sure of that.

"Alright, Lobo. Let's go."

"Go where, broad?" He snarled.

"To meet our next two contestants." Amanda grinned smugly.

To be continued...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thatbwas freaking epic! I love how you're making this team pretty powerful. However... you are aware I'm using the Squad in the UU CADMUS tie in?

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thatbwas freaking epic! I love how you're making this team pretty powerful. However... you are aware I'm using the Squad in the UU CADMUS tie in?

Yeah I just realized that, and now I'm all confused on what to do about that...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman
_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Atomikill_

@waezi2: Lol, knew you'd be supportive of her. Still kinda curious as to why they didn't put her in comics...

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@_atomikill_: Maybe she was so awesome that when they drew her, the page exploded!

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@_atomikill_: Just an aesthetic question, why the bold when they speak? I've seen it used when say characters have a distinct voice or shouting, but everyone is bold. So why? Story is okay as it is only chapter one

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Atomikill_
johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I like the NEW Suicide Squad. I look forward to more Lobo and Manchester Black interaction.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@_atomikill_: Just an aesthetic question, why the bold when they speak? I've seen it used when say characters have a distinct voice or shouting, but everyone is bold. So why? Story is okay as it is only chapter one

I like bolded text, helps it stand out.