Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

All characters are owned by DC Comics

For more wonderful stories check out the library

Beta-read by @impurestcheese

Chapter 4: Trial of The Rogues

The wind was harsh and, at first, almost unbearable. But the quicker he ran the less he felt it, the whipping pain that came from the wind bursts. At a certain speed he could feel as some of his senses dosed off, almost as if he was in a trance state. It also helped him relax, something he was in dire need of. Not because of the upcoming trial where he has to reveal to the world who he was, something that would result in his worst enemies walking freely out of prison. No, it's because of something much worse. Something he can't run away from. The execution of his mother, Nora Allen. So, that's why he was running. That's why he's running across the oceans, away from anyone, away from pain. Just for a few seconds he wants to go numb.

No Caption Provided

He quickly thundered onto the east coast and headed for Central City. He could almost only see blur when he ran at that speed, but when he concentrated he would see the most beautiful sceneries. The closer he got to Central City the slower he ran, slow enough so that he was able to avoid buildings and cars on the streets.

Later, at the court house

He could still hear the wind in his ears even though he stopped running hours ago. After a quick stop at his apartment he changed his red and yellow suit for a black blazer and a white shirt in an effort to look professional for the trial. He had then tracked down The Rogues' lawyer and told him he had evidence to prove their innocence. The lawyer, a sleazy guy with greasy black hair and a cheap suit, accepted Barry's offer without even hearing what it was, he must have been really desperate.

Barry arrived at the court house early. To his surprise many people were there, many he couldn't recognize but he figured they were either relatives or "friends" of The Rogues. A person he recognized was a young woman with long golden hair, Lisa Snart, Captain Cold's younger sister. She passed Barry without taking any notice of him and quickly walked in to the court house with determined steps. Barry decided to break away from the crowd outdoors and walked in to the court room and took a seat among one of the middle rows. He looked back at the entrance as more and more people sat down and saw Weather Wizard enter, still wearing his coat and sunglasses. Barry gave a small wave to him.

"Yeah, yeah. Hi," Weather Wizard muttered as he sat down at the back of the court room.

A few minutes later four pissed off super villains were lead into the court room, to one of the tables in front of the judge. Captain Cold arrived first and looked over at Barry. Barry nodded slightly to him but Cold tried to ignore him. After him walked Heat Wave who had some type of metal around his hands and chest plate to stop him from breaking loose using his flame powers. After Heat Wave walked Mirror Master, he had his eyes shut for some reason, Barry couldn't figure out why. The only one who looked amused by all this was The Trickster, he had a silly smile on his face as the 'dress wearing' judge entered the court room and sat down. As he sat down so did everyone else who wasn't already.

"Order in the court," The judge said, banged the gable on the table causing the buzzing noise of people talking to stop. The judge was an old man with a stern face. "I was asked here today to lead this important trial because I have the experience to deal with obscure trials like these. But I also think this trial is stupid so please don't drag this out for too long."

Barry chuckled. He hadn't realized how stupid this might have sounded a few years back. A crazy guy running around in a red suit gets defended in court. Barry himself felt it was silly.

The night before, Central City

"You wanted to see me?" A voice rang out in the darkened alley.

"Yeah. Come closer and keep your mouth shut for a moment, okay?" Weather Wizard said.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Captain Boomerang asked loudly as he stepped into the little light the street light next to the alley could provide. He was referring to the coat Mardon wore and the fact that he was wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night.

"I told you to shut up, Digger!" Weather Wizard whispered angrily.

"No, but seriously," Captain Boomerang said without lowering his voice.

"I'm in hiding, okay?" Weather Wizard told him.

No Caption Provided

"Oh, right. I thought you were in prison with the rest of you lot?" Captain Boomerang said.

"I wasn't there during the arrest. Managed to hide these past few weeks," Weather Wizard said.

"Hmm, interesting. And why did you call me here by the way?" Captain Boomerang asked. "I have places to be and things to do, you know."

"No, you don't," Weather Wizard said. "The reason I called you here is because the trial is tomorrow."

"What trial?" Captain Boomerang asked.

"The Rogues'. You're not paying attention at all, do you?" Weather Wizard said, almost breaking his whispering.

"No, I am not," Captain Boomerang said will picking his nails with the edge of a white boomerang.

"I don't think the trial will work out very well for us. You have contacts around town, right?" Weather Wizard asked.

"Uh, yeah."

"Good. I need you to gather some people together. We'll stop the trial from taking the wrong turn," Weather Wizard said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Captain Boomerang said. "What do we get out of that?"

"Money," Weather Wizard said. "And lots of it."

Back at the court house

The lawyer tried for about fifteen minutes to defend The Rogues' actions. The more he spoke the sweatier his lip became and the more he flickered is eyes nervously. Every now and again the judge would rub his forehead in annoyance because the lawyer didn't really have anything to say. Barry knew that only he could save The Rogues, but the more time that went the more he started questioning his choice in defending them. Is what he would sacrifice worth it?

Finally the lawyer stopped talking. Barry looked back at Weather Wizard who buried his face in his hands in frustration. When Barry looked back to the front he could see that the lawyer looked at him with a weak smile on his lips.

"Your honor, I call Barry Allen to the stand," The lawyer said and ushered Barry to come forth.

This was it. The moment of truth. Barry wasn't certain he wanted to go through with this. He passed Captain Cold on the way to the stand. He could see that Cold was swallowing heavily, he was obviously nervous. When Barry placed himself at the stand they went through the regular routine before the judge asked him:

"Mr. Allen, what exactly is your connection to these, so-called, super criminals?"

"It might seem confusing right now. But soon it will be very clear," Barry told him.

"Oh, really?" The judge said with scepticism in his voice. "Well, by all means. Continue."

"Thank you," Barry said. "My name is Barry Allen. For some time now I have been working as a forensic scientist at the Central City Police Department. None of you might understand what I'm doing here. But I have closer ties to The Rogues than you might think. For a while now I have kept something secret, mainly to keep the people around me safe. But in order to protect these innocent people I think I have to make my secret public. I'm not saying they don't deserve prison for the millions of dollars they stole but they are no murderers. I have thought about not helping them but my moral tells me to do this. Ladies and gentlemen, I am--"

"DEAD!" Someone screamed from crowd and the next second a boomerang hit Barry's head.

He became dizzy, but managed to see what happened. From the crowd emerged the super villains Captain Boomerang, The Pied Piper and Top. The wall to his right was ripped down by Tar Pit who came in from outside. He could hear shrieks of horror before the cut in his forehead was too unbearable and everything went black.

To be continued...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@themanintheshoe: More Rouges 24-7 baby. LOL Captain Boomerang finally makes an apperance

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: Of course. It's almost as If I pre-read it before it was put up. Now where did I leave my gable...

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Didn't you? Huh, must've been another ImpurestCheese who beta read it then...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Really cool stuff! You seem to be balancing the Flash's 'Rogues' well and I'm looking forward to seeing people like Captain Boomerang and the Golden Glider appear more.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nice! That ending was really, really cool.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers