Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

All characters are owned by DC Comics

For more wonderful stories check out the library

Chapter 2: Broken Legs

Now, Central City Bank

"Get him back!" Captain Cold shouted. "Get him back! Get him back! Get him back!"

"I can't. I don't know what happened to him!" Mirror Master told him.

"Oh, this is just great. So freaking great." Heatwave whined. "Here ya are, trying to earn some extra bucks and in comes a loser in red spandex and trips on ice and falls through a window into another world full of mirrors. A normal Tuesday to some but I'm not used to it!"

Captain Cold, Mirror Master and Heatwave all stood in front of what used to be a window but had now been shattered into a thousand pieces. The Trickster, however, stood behind them and waited for something to happen while playing with a purple yo-yo.

"We have to find him before the cops finds out we lost him." Captain Cold urged them.

"Easy for you to say. But I have to do it." Mirror Master snarled. "You were the one who was reckless with the ice. If you wouldn't have covered the floor with that bloody ice we wouldn't be in this mess."

No Caption Provided

"Oh yeah?" Captain Cold spat. "Aren't you the master of mirrors? Shouldn't you know where he is?"

"The Mirror World is very unpredictable." Mirror Master confessed.

"Well, isn't that convenient for you?" Captain Cold asked sarcastically.

"Uh, guys." Trickster interrupted. "We've got company."

They all looked to the glassed entrance doors, which now showed two police cars and one armored police van standing outside. The blue and red lights were flashing.

"Aw crap." Heatwave muttered. "I'm not sitting behind bars!" His skin caught fire and his chest started to generate vicious flames.

"No!" Captain Cold demanded. "We are not fighting the police."

"Why not?" Heatwave asked.

"Because we are in too much trouble as it is. Fighting cops is not going to help. Besides, if we run away we might never find out where The Flash's gone to." Captain Cold explained.

"Do you want to side with the police?" Heatwave asked aggressively.

"Do you have a better idea? Do you think they will hunt us less because you fight them?" Captain Cold asked.

Several armored police officers with large rifles entered lobby. They formed a circle around the four team members and pointed their rifles at them. Captain Cold stared at Heatwave, who reluctantly raised his arms at the same time as Mirror Master and Captain Cold. The Trickster, who was still focusing on his yo-yo, raised one hand as if nothing had happened.

5 minutes later

"I don't like this." Heatwave muttered. "Not one bit."

"Quit complaining." Mirror Master told him.

The team was arrested and was now being transported in the armored police van.

"So, what's the escape plan?" The Trickster asked while he appeared to be having a thumb war with himself.

"Escape plan?" Captain Cold asked him.

"Yeah, we aren't going into jail for real right?" The Trickster asked.

"There is no escape plan. We stay until we find out what happened to The Flash." Captain Cold said.

"No escape plan?" The Trickster interrupted his war and approached Cold. "What do you mean 'no escape plan'? I thought the whole deal of giving ourselves in was to escape afterwards. I thought the first part was just for show."

"Well, you thought wrong." Captain Cold said coldly.

No Caption Provided

"No. No, no, no. I can't sit in jail." The Trickster burst out. He stood up and walked over to the little opening covered with bars that separated them from the driver. He knocked on the wall to get the driver's attention. "Hey. Are you taking us to Iron Heights?"

"Shut up!" The driver said promptly.

"Rude." The Trickster muttered and sat back down.

"Well, thank you, fearless leader. Thank you for your brilliant plan." Heatwave said sarcastically.

Just as he finished the police radio started sounding. A voice told them about something that had happened downtown.

"Attention all patrols and all vehicles. There's been reports of a violent crash downtown. The reports have mentioned The Flash." The voice told them.

"What? The Flash? He's alive, guys. He's alive." Mirror Master happily cried out.

"He's...he's dead." The voice said.

The Rogues looked at each other.

"Aw $#!&." Captain Cold muttered.

Meanwhile, downtown

He could hear them, the people. It was faint but he could mostly hear what they were talking about. He could do anything except move. At first he didn't understand where he was but after a while he remembered. The Rogues and then The Mirror World. He remembered he saw an image of Earth. Then he remembered the fall. He barely remembered- it. He could at least remember the sensation you get from falling. And then he remembered the crash. He managed to slow it down by creating a whirlwind from pure instinct. But then everything went black. When he woke up he found himself in a large round crater. He was in the middle of it, smoke coming from his suit. Though he couldn't move his other senses were intact and he could feel the pain.

"Is...he isn't really dead, right?" He could hear a female voice coming from above. He recognized the voice, but in his state he couldn't focus enough to give the voice a face.

Three people slid down the crater, dust flew behind their feet. He couldn't see who they were, at first, because of his position. He lay with his head to the left.

"I mean, he's a superhuman. Aren't they supposed to be indestructible?" The female continued.

"I don't know." A male voice said. He recognized that one too. "Heard there was this bat creature in Gotham City who fights people with boomerangs. If that's all he does I don't think he's that impressive."

Flash's head ached. If he didn't fight it he could pass out.

"Would you check if he's okay, already?" The third person said. He's heard it so many times before it would be impossible to not recognize it.

After his mother, Nora Allen, was trialled for murder of Barry's father and found guilty, there was only person who would take care of Barry. Captain Darryl P. Frye of the Central City Police Department. He acted as a father-figure to Barry when he lost his first one.

"Should I...take off the mask?" The female asked.

"Is that even legal?" The male asked. "Personal integrity and all."

"Oh for the love of..." Captain Frye cried out. "Just check is eyes and then we can take him to the hospital."

And then he saw her. How could he be so stupid? For a brief moment he saw her face, just before he closed his eyes and passed out.

The next day, Central City General Hospital

No Caption Provided

"Wakey wakey, sunshine."

Barry's head still ached. At first he had to force his eye lids to open so that he could see where he wes and who spoke to him. When he managed to open them enough for light to come through his sight was blurry. But he could see the bright white room he was in. The sun was bright outside the window which made the room shine even brighter. It was now that he noticed that he was lying in a bed, with a thick blanket that warmed is motionless body. He slowly regained his sight and saw a very familiar face sitting on the opposite of the hospital room.

"You look awful." Patty Spivot, his girlfriend, said with a smile.

"Patty?" Barry managed to ask. "What are you doing here?"

"That's quite the fall you had." She said.

"Right. The fall." Barry said. "Thank you for saving me."

"No problem. It was hard to keep up the charade with Frye so that Forrest wouldn't find out." She explained

Right. He remembered that it was his friend and colleague James Forrest who accompanied Patty and Darryl down the crater.

"Thanks for covering for me." Barry said with a weary voice. "At first I had no idea who was down there."

"You didn't even know it was me?" Patty asked, almost offended.

"No. Sorry." Barry said.

"At least one good thing came out of this." Patty said.

"Yeah? What's that?" Barry asked her.

"You know your enemies The Rogues?" She asked. "They were taken in for attempted burglary over at the bank and that they attempted to murder you."

"Wait! What did you say?" Barry burst out.

"Yeah, the, uh...God, what are their names? Captain Cold, Mirror Master, The Trickster and Heatwave will all be trialled for attempted burglary and attempted murder." Patty explained.

"What about Weather Wizard?" Barry asked.

"I don't think they ever found him." She explained.

No Caption Provided

"They didn't try to kill me. The Rogues don't kill." Barry told her.

"They're supervillains, what else would they do?" Patty protested.

"Not The Rogues. They're better than the psychos who's out there. I've noticed that. Believe me." Barry protested as he swiftly pulled off the blanket and climbed out of the hospital bed. He passed Patty but he was unable to walk out as he felt a hand grabbing his arm.

"Barry, where are you going?" Patty asked her boyfriend.

"I'm sorry, Patty. I have to find Weather Wizard." Barry said. "I have to save The Rogues."

He pressed his ring before dashing off in a streak of red and yellow.

To be continued...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Decided not to include him. This is a version of the New 52 Rogues.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@themanintheshoe: Boo. In all other ways it's great. Also expect part two of Doubt and Liberators by the end of the week.

I don't need to be a captain.
I don't need to be a captain.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Great job! You write the Rogues better than I've read them in quite a few actual comics.

"Heard there was this bat creature in Gotham City who fights people with boomerangs. If that's all he does I don't think he's that impressive."

^...not cool, bro.

"I hear there's a guy in Central City that can runs around really fast in bright red spandex." Superman says as he pummels the living €rap out of Darkseid. "You think we should let him join the League?"

"Hmm. Sounds like a loser. Are his parents dead?" Batman asks while combatting super-crazy ninja assassins.

"I think one of them is." Superman replies. "But his mom's alive."

"REJECTED!"

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheManInTheShoe
Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Good stuff, I'm not sure exactly sure why Barry is so defendant of the Rogues already.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: He's got a heart of gold. He knows they're innocent and wouldn't try to kill him so he knows that the right thing to do is to save them from incarceration.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I like it. Can't wait for the next one

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By dngn4774

@themanintheshoe: Wasn't expecting that twist. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever understand the relationship between the Flash and his Rogues.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Me neither sometimes. But I think he knows that The Rogues doesn't want to cause harm, they only want to earn some money.

@bronze_surfer: Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By TommytheHitman

Nice! My fave part? The Rogues. They're so awesome! Great job! Hey if you're not using Captain Boomer can I use him?

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

@themanintheshoe: But- they still tried to rob that bank... Anyways, good show! Iv'e never been able to get into The Flash even though I know he's supposed to be really cool... Guess I'll jump on those trades I picked up last week now.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@project_worm: Do that. Also, he knows they are guilty for trying to rob the bank but they never tried to kill him. That's why he has to "save" them.

Doomstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sweeeeet.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nicely done. Few typos here and there. Some nice dialogue as well.

Noticed the lack of Weather Wizard and was about to question you until near the end. :P Also love how you handled the "strictly business" relationship between Flash and the Rogues, that there's no hard feelings between them.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Thanks. Where are the typos?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@themanintheshoe: It was faint but he could mostly hear what they were talking about. He could do anything except move. Yeah, the, uh...God, what are their names. He remembered he saw an image of Earth.

It's mainly just same sounding words or tense mistakes.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

@maccyd: Lol must have missed that.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

bump

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By johnny_blaze

The relationship between The Flash and The Rogues are very complicated.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: Indeed it is. I plan to expand on that further. Have you read #1?

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Of course.^^^

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers