DC-Re-Created Presents: Icon # 4

iconrocket123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

By me Iconrocket123

(note: this takes place after the special)

Dakota City, The Fish Shack

I went to see my Mom at her usual spot, her store The Fish Shack. I told her about my day and everything, and out of nowhere, she kicked me out the store! I was confused why, mostly pissed. Then I saw why, a sign that threatened everything she worked for.

Raquel Ervin: " For Sale?"

I also saw this guy yelling at her. I blew it off, and ran to see Augustus or Icon now, at his home. His assistant Christina said hello and I ran past Felix, his limo driver. When I got inside, he was dressed up and ready to go. I changed, and ran out right behind him.

Icon: " Rocket, what seems to be the issue?"

Rocket: " Nothing, just..forget it. Wait, who is attacking now?"

Icon: " Apparently, beings of immense power are rising, and this one is calling himself Payback."

Rocket: " He sounds rough. What else?"

Icon: " The news bulletin stated he was attacking the part of my company located here, in Dakota."

Meanwhile, at the scene of the attack..

Payback: " Kill as many of them as you can! They did this to me, and to those kids! Death to Freeman!"

When we arrived, it was complete and utter chaos. People running and screaming, everything on fire. I flew to the center of attention and saw the massive man-beast himself. I tried to talk peacefully as usually.

Icon: " Stop this now, Payback. This is fixable, especially if you surrender now. I don't want to hurt you. You have feelings right? Use the ones that flow with common sense and logic."

Payback: " Your a fool I-tom! As for feelings that flow with logic, I DON'T!"

We fought, he was able to keep a steady hand on me as I tried to avoid his crushing blows. Rocket flew at him, but he swatted her aside. She bounced and slammed into him, knocking him through the main wall into my office base for Dakota. We both tried to put him down, but he kept his own up until I had to unleash one of my rarely used abilities. It knocked him unconscious, but the damage was done. When we had finally gotten away from all the press after sending him to the new max prison called the Grind, which I funded, we were confronted by a man I haven't seen in too long, Curtis Metcalf. This wasn't Curtis Metcalf, but him in his rather new guise to me, Hardware.

Hardware: " Well, good to see you Augustus. I would love to chat, but we got business."

Icon: " It is good to see you too, but what is so important?"

Rocket: " Sorry, but I wasn't properly introduced. I'm the Rocket, Icon's sidekick/partner. Nice to meet you Mister."

Hardware: " Yeah,yeah, I heard about you. Anyway, I need you Ike. Well, not just me, WE need you."

Icon: " We?"

A few more people stepped out the shadows. One was obviously female and Asian, another was tall and well built for a female. Another looked like a living star,next to her, was the same man named Payback we put in jail earlier.

Rocket: " Who the hell are you guys?"

Icon: " Yes, but I would put it differently Rocket. Who are all of you?"

Hardware: " Introducing The Shadow Cabinet, and we want you guys to join us."

Icon: " Why do you need us?"

Hardware: " To save the world."

Rocket: " Really? Awww snap, I'm in the big leagues!!"

To Be Continued...

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@iconrocket123: The first time I saw Shadow Cabinet was a couple of issues of Dwayne McDuffie's Justice League of America. They were so cool.

iconrocket123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@johnny_blaze: I know right? They were like the Jla in everyway except weaker and smaller in size. I thought of when Icon and Rocket were gonna meet them, and I thought right away.