RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedHood13

THE PALACE, MEMPHIS, EGYPT 2457 B.C.

The Pharaoh sits on his throne with is queen Chay-Ara by his side. The two look as if all of the power in the world could not defeat them…or should I say would not defeat them. Why would they want to conquer themselves? In front of their large thrones stands a man in maroon robes. His long black hair pours out of his hood, but you can barely see his face.

The large doors of the large throne room open. A man of a large stature runs in, and halfway to the throne, remembers where he is and bows on his hands and knees before jumping to his feet.

Sobek you know you do not have to bow to me.” The Pharaoh says to the man.

I apologize my liege.” He responds.

Please,” the pharaoh says “You know my name. Use it.

Pha…Katar, Nubian soldiers are marching up the Nile. They are approaching the Khargo oasis, destroying small villages in their path.

Gather our soldiers. We will meet them halfway.” Sobek nods his head and runs out of the throne room.

Katar stands to his feet and begins to leave. “Katar!” his wife calls. He turns towards her. “Kill them all” Katar nods his head and steps down the stairs. The man in the robe puts his hands on Katar’s head. They close their eyes and the man whispers some words in to his ear. They pull back from each other and Katar leaves the throne room. Chay-Ara looks down at the man in the robe as he grins.

Why do you smile?” she asks.

Why do you frown?” he retorts, without looking at her. He slowly glides out of the room, as if his feet don’t touch the ground.

THE PHARAOH’S ARMORY, THE PALACE

Katar sits on his knees in front of an embezzled chest. On the wall in front of him is a huge falcon head, representing Horus, and a mural around it.

Horus, strengthen me in this battle. Let us defeat the Nubians and show them their place in the world. To be stepped upon by our bare feet.” He places his hands on the chest and gently lifts it up. A bright golden light shines from inside the chest as if this was ancient Pulp Fiction. Katar smiles…

THE KHARGO OASIS, EGYPT

The Nubian soldiers eat, and rest along the Khargo Oasis. The men munch on their bread, meat and distilled water as they wait to continue their journey up the Nile.

Those Egyptians won’t know what hit them.” One infantry man says to another

Yeah. After we weaken their-FLAP, FLAP, FLAP, FLAP. A large sound comes from above as the shadow of a large…bird…partially blocks out the sun. The soldiers look up to see a humanoid figure with large wings floating above them.

By the power of Heka, the strength of Horus, and the love of Isis…I warn you to leave immediately…or face the consequences.” The figure says with a deep bellowing voice.

WE WILL NOT SURRENDER!!!!” one infantry man shouts “YEAH!!!!” the others yell.

I see that you have chosen…the consequences!!!” The figure extends his arm outwards. A small staff is in his hands. The staff extends and a spiked ball forms at the end of it. The figure thrusts the staff in to the air and yells “FIRE!!!!

Suddenly, a tidal wave of flaming arrows launch in to the air. They dive down and descend upon the infantrymen, barely missing the figure. As some infantrymen run towards the fire, and some runaway, the figure dives in to the crowd of Nubians and begins to plow threw them. Slamming his mace in to their bodies, they part like the red sea (even though that technically hasn’t happened yet). As he hits them, the Nubians go flying in to the air, or knock into another causing a group to stumble like dominoes. The Egyptian army merely marches over the dune and it scares the last Nubians away, yet defiant Nubian stands still. Katar approaches him.

Why do you stay…?” the Pharaoh asks, intrigued by the man.

To make you suffer…!!!!” the Nubian jumps in to the air and turns into a large cloud of black dust. The dust passes over Katar and blows through the lines of Egyptian soldiers. The soldiers begin to grow warts, turn black, lose hair, become thinner by the second, and sound like they are being suffocated. The dust floats in to the air and disperses in to nothing.

NOOOO!!!!

UNKNOWN

Carter abruptly awakens. He’s lying down, in a bed. A woman sitting next to him lies back in her seat dead asleep. He’s in a hospital room with all sorts of machines attached to his body. In the corner of the room is a TV mounted to the ceiling. The text is in Arabic and a Middle Eastern looking reporter is seen on the screen. Next to her face is a picture of an explosion. His hearing is not great, but he does hear 3 words. Carter….Hall….انفجار (the Arabic word for explosion). As he struggles to make a noise he thinks to himself,

What am I doing here?

to be continued…..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue #2

Designs

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@redhood13: Your dialog is a little clunky and at times too modern. Having ancient Egyptian soldiers yell "Yeah!" doesn't really sell the ancient vibe to me, but I'd happily read some more

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RedHood13

@4donkeyjohnson: Having them say anything they say in this issue doesn't really make sense.

Whatever they would say in ancient Egyptian would be the equivalent to our "YEAH". Though I was trying for a LONG time to find something else to say when I was writing this.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@redhood13: You could just leave it as they roared with approval, unless that is totes awks :)

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson: Yeah I was trying to think of something. It takes me out of the story too.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I like.