DC Re-Created: Green Arrow #8

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Star City (Special Thanks to Doomstroke for having the first team up between these two DC heroes... even if it's Kyle).

BRAKABRAKABRAKA!!!!!!

Green Arrow ducked for cover behind the alley wall as the machine guns fired directly towards him.

"You okay there Ollie?" Mia Dearden asked through his headset with an ounce of alarm.

"These guys look like gangsters from the 1960s!" Ollie yelled as a bullet whizzed past his head. Sure enough they were wielding classic Tommy Guns and wearing stereotypical tuxedos. Ollie held his breath as he waited another few seconds for them to reload.

KLICK KLICK KLICK KLICK!!!!

Ollie smiled to himself as he jumped from his cover and fired off several pointed arrows at the gangsters. Each one hit them in the shoulder causing them to yell in pain.

"Sounds like they're down." Mia mused with a chuckle. "I'm dispatching an ambulance to you..."

"Not just yet." Ollie muttered as he walked over to one and gripped him by the jacket. "Who are you and why are you here?" He asked.

"Me?!" The man yelled. "We were just minding our own business until we saw YOU running towards us with your Robin Hood get up! Thought you were some kinda psycho!" Ollie frowned as he stood up.

BOOM!

Ollie turned to see a large explosion a few blocks away. "What the hell?!" He muttered. He quickly pulled a grapple arrow from his quiver and fired it onto a nearby building before zipping up.

"YEAH! STAY OUT OF STARLING!" One of the gangsters yelled angrily.

"Starling? Nobody's called Star City, Starling since 1982..." Ollie thought to himself. Something was seriously wrong.

"Power Levels at 73%"

No Caption Provided

"YEAH, YEAH I KNOW!" Kyle Rayner yelled as he created a shield out of hard light energy. It wrapped around his arm and shielded him from the worst of the damage.

"YOU DARE FIGHT ME SMALL ONE?!" The mechanical being yelled angrily as he brought up his gigantic war axe for another strike. "YOU DARE?!"

"I dare." Kyle muttered as his shield liquidized and splatted into the robot's body smashing him into the wall.

"Warning. Being is not from this time period." Kyle's power ring spat out. Subject appears to be from the year 2132."

"Time travel?" Kyle said with a flicker of both surprise and amusement. "I thought that kind of stuff was only in the funny books!"

"DIE FLESHY ONE!" The robot screamed as it broke free of Kyle's shield. Smashing it into pieces. Its war axe raised in the air as it prepared to strike again.

THUMP!

The robot stopped frozen in mid air. Kyle stared in surprise. "Uh... hello?" He asked as he floated up towards the machine's face. "Tinman have you rusted again?" No response. Kyle frowned as the robot slowly tipped forward before landing on the ground. "What the heck?" Kyle muttered out loud as he glanced at the robot's body.

"Hi there!" A voice yelled. Kyle looked down to see Green Arrow running towards him. "You okay pal?" Kyle hovered towards him with a look of confusion.

"Hi..." Kyle muttered. "Did.. did you just take that thing down?" He asked. Green Arrow smiled.

"I was watching your battle from that rooftop over there!" He said as he pointed towards a small apartment building a few metres away. "The thing had some kind of switch in its armpit... or... something."

"With an arrow?!"

"Well to be fair it was an EMP arrow."

Kyle gave a look of utter bewilderment. Ollie grinned.

"Are you a Green Lantern?" Kyle asked.

"A what?"

"Your costume is green."

"So is the dollar bill." Ollie sighed. "So... how does that thing work?" He asked as he pointed at Kyle's ring. "Is it like illusions or something? Or is it something else entirely?"

Kyle smiled as he polished the Corps Logo on his chest of dust. "Actually I'm the NEWEST Green Lantern of Sector 2814. My ring is powered by pure will power and creates anything I can imagine!" Ollie chuckled.

"Right! So do you know what's going on here?" He asked. "People dressed in 70s clothing is peculiar. Giant Transformers rip offs is another!" Kyle frowned.

"No idea. Ring? What do you know about this?" The ring glinted.

"Cause of time disturbance is unknown. Scanning... appears to be due to damaging use of the time stream."

"Time stream?" Kyle asked. "How does that work?"

"Unknown..."

"Nice! I've got one of those too!" He tapped his ear. "Mine's called Speedy."

"Canary! You're the one who changed the name when Dinah joined the team!"

"...Right. So... I'm going to go. Thanks for your assistance in... well this." Kyle said awkwardly.

Ollie saluted and took Kyle's hand before shaking it violently.

"Anytime. Nice meeting you pal. You've gotta show me how that ring works some time."

Kyle smiled as they both turned to walk away.

"Hey I have a plane do you need a-" Ollie said as he turned around. "...ride?" Kyle had disappeared. Ollie looked around but he was nowhere in sight. Slowly Ollie looked up to see Kyle flying into the sky and through the clouds. After a few seconds all that was left was a green glint in the sky.

"No way..." Ollie muttered in disbelief.

"Uh... Ollie?" Mia's voice rang in Ollie's ear. "You may want to come back to the home base..."

"Why?" Green Arrow asked as he heard the wail of Police Sirens nearby.

"Ollie... it's Perdita..."

Green Arrow's eyes widened as he realized what Mia was implying.

Oliver Queen's Penthouse

"The remains of Flight 279 were found late last night under suspicious circumstances. The crash had no survivors as the rear side of the plane detonated from some sort of explosive. Tragically one of the passengers on the flight was Princess Perdita of Vlatvia and it is believed by local authorities that this was an assassination of some kind."

Oliver Queen was silent as he sat down in his chair. He pulled his quiver from his back and placed it on the table in front of him.

"Ollie..." Dinah Lance said quietly as she stepped towards him. "I'm so sorry..." She placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It... it was an assassination Dinah..." Oliver said quietly. "There's only a few people I know that could pull something off like that and have the motivation to do it..."

"Deathstroke?" Dinah asked with a frown. Ollie nodded.

"What do you want to do?" She asked.

"I don't know..." Ollie said as he stood up and pulled his hood down from his head. "There's no way we're going to find Deathstroke... he's too clever for that."

"Then what should we do Ollie?" Mia asked as she stood up from the settee. She'd been very quiet while watching the News Broadcast and while others may think she was emotional over the tragedy, it was obvious she was busy taking in every piece of information she could find over the incident.

"We... we need to make sure something like this never happens again."

"What do you mean?" Mia asked. Her eyes twitched with question.

"15 minutes ago I met a man who could create anything he imagined with his mind. Together we took down a giant... Robot thing. Dinah has the ability to scream hypersonic frequencies! Roy is running around San Fransisco with a bunch of teenaged superheroes and I'm pretty sure I watched something to do with the Flash this morning! What I mean is... we need to improve public transport! What if Green Lantern goes crazy and decides to attack Star City? Or Firestorm decides to turn the whole Planet into Gold?!" Ollie slammed his hands on the table. "We need to be prepared!"

Vlatvia

"With Princess Perdita deceased the next in line for the throne of Vlatvia is her Uncle Hermann Westlund. We were unable to reach Westlund for comment regarding his niece's death or the disappearance of his cousin Count Werner Vertigo."

Hermann Westlund smiled as he clicked the TV off. He leaned back and his chair and downed a goblet of wine before throwing it to the ground.

"More wine!" He barked loudly at his servant. His servant scuttled forward and picked the goblet up off the floor. Westlund stared at the man for a second. "What are you waiting for?!" He asked after several seconds of nothing.

"The wine my lord... it's running out." The Servant gasped as he stood up.

"Then go get more!" Westlund snapped. "Go club all the beggars in the street till you get some!" The Servant panted as he ran to the doors as Westlund sat back in his chair with a slight chuckle. He was going to enjoy ordering the servants around like this.

"A little bossy don't you think?"

Westlund sighed as Deathstroke stepped out of the shadows.

"You took your sweet time on this assignment." Hermann growled as he stood up. "I'm starting to think you're overrated as the world's Greatest Assassin. You could have killed in less suspicious circumstances."

"The attempt of Vertigo was unexpected. I didn't expect him to be working with HIVE." Deathstroke muttered. "Or to even have the balls to try something like this."

"Well... you've completed your mission at least." Westlund growled. He pulled a suitcase from the side of his throne and passed it over. Deathstroke gripped it with a firm hand. "Your money. As agreed on." They both turned as the Servant stepped through the door carrying several bottles of new wine.

"Apologies M'Lord." The Servant said as he gasped for breath. "Your wine..."

"Two glasses?" Westlund said as he raised an eyebrow towards Grant.

"As long as it's from the same glass." Deathstroke agreed. The Servant nodded as he came over with two clean goblets and poured a small amount of wine into each one. Deathstroke took his glass and pulled his mask slightly upwards so he could take a drink.

"A toast." Westlund said as he stopped him. He raised his glass in the air. "To my reign as King of Vlatvia!"

"Whatever." Deathstroke sighed.

KLINK!

Belle Reve Penitentiary

"Hey... you're Daniel Brickwell right?"

"What about it?"

The prisoner growled as anger flashed through his eyes. Brick rolled his eyes as he noticed what was about to happen.

"Your stinkin' prison breaks smashed my car!" He yelled as his hands curled into a fist. Brick simply raised his hand up and crushed it.

KRICK!

"GAH!!!!!!!" The Prisoner wailed in pain as he felt his arm snap under Brick's hand. He fell to the ground as a crowd of prisoners formed around them.

"Next time don't try to act tough kid..." Brick muttered as the guards surrounded them. Their cattle prods did nothing to hurt him, however he let them pull him back to his cell. His streak for good behavior had just ended. Quietly he sat down and smiled. The eye patch covering his eye looked foolish.

"Soon Queen... I'm gonna break you..." He muttered.

No Caption Provided

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Good chapter. Wonder what GA has in mind for "preparing"...

Kyle Rayner FTW!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: I wonder who these Teenaged Superheroes are that Roy is hanging out with,,,

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By waezi2
YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(sorry for the cursing mods, but it describes this chapter well)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers