Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

The Original Fighters

Hiroshima, Japan, 1945

As the sun rose in imperial japan, U.S troops were kept prisoner in a torture room somewhere in the city of Hiroshima. They had been declared beyond the point of rescue according to the U.S military. No reason was given as they had rescued troops from behind enemy lines before.

“Are you sure we should be here Sam?”

No Caption Provided

Darrel Dane, Doll Man said to the embodiment of America Uncle Sam.

“Our brothers in arms are trapped in there,” Roy Lincoln, the Human Bomb said for Sam. “And we won’t rest until they are free.” He continued as Sam cracked his knuckles.

“Ray, you and Phantom Lady are going to go inside and find them, once you have done that give the signal so that Black Condor, Doll Man, Human Bomb and I will charge in taking down the Japs.” Uncle Sam said as Ray turned to an invisible beam of light and Phantom Lady turned invisible and phased into the base.

“Now we wait.” Black Condor said as the two disappeared into the base. The rest of the fighters waited outside as they got a call on their portable radio from the president.

“Mr. President, is there something you need? We are kind of on a covert mission.” Uncle Sam said as the president Harry Truman cleared his throat.

“Uncle Sam, I remember telling you and the Freedom Fighters to stay out of the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it is in enemy territory that my advisors have deemed to dangerous for even the likes of you.” Truman said as Uncle Sam adjusted his hat.

“No disrespect intended Mr. President, but we have our own troops behind lines in this city and I intend to bring them home to their family’s with or without your blessing sir.” Uncle Sam said with the rest of the freedom fighters standing behind him in agreement.

“I’m sorry to hear that Sam, I remember looking up to you when I was a child, but there is simply nothing I can do at this point, I’ll make sure you all get a statue.” He said as the signal stopped.

“I don’t like the sound of that...” Black Condor said as a bullet whizzed over his head. “We got company!” he said taking to the skies as Japanese soldiers came out of nowhere firing their weapons.

“Take cover fighters!” Sam said jumping into the mass of soldiers taking a few of them down in one punch. Black Condor flew around some soldiers in a circle using his wind powers making a mini tornado lift them all up and smash back down to the ground.

“Look out every one!” Roy Lincoln, the Human Bomb said before he smashed his palms together causing a huge burst of concussive energy to race towards the soldiers and Doll Man. Luckily he was six inches so he jumped into a crack in the ground avoiding the blast.

“Keep it up everyone! Once were done here will take that base down in no time!” Uncle Sam said he threw a soldier into others making them go down like bowling pins. As they fought the soldiers they saw a beam of indigo light come up from the base. The signal from the Ray.

“Let’s go fighters, the time is now!” Uncle Sam said growing as tall as the Washington Monument and charging at the base. Black Condor, Doll man and the Human Bomb were not far behind him. As they approached the base Condor looked up as they heard a plane while he was flying seeing something in the distance with his enhanced vision.

“Huh? What is that?” Black Condor said as Uncle Sam looked up seeing a black speck. He had no idea what it was but all the freedom fighters stopped in their tracks.

“I can’t tell Condor...but it looks like Ray and Phantom Lady are back.” Uncle Sam said as the two of them came back from the base.

“What is taking you all so long?” Ray asked as Black Condor Landed on the ground.

“We can take the base in a moment Ray, but we need you to use a light of yours and see what that black speck is.” Black Condor said as Ray shot his beam up near the speck. In a few moments his facial expression went from agitated to distraught.

“Phantom Lady Phase! Everyone else take cover now!!!” he said as he turned to light. Phantom Lady turned invisible and started to phase as Condor looked up now having a better look at the object. It was a bomb. Not like anyone he had seen though. Uncle Sam went to normal size as the bomb became more visible.

“Freedom Fighters take co...”

No Caption Provided

The explosion sent a force so powerful Ray was sent away as the rest of the Freedom Fighters faded into the light. As the dust settled Ray came back to human form and coughed from the debris.

“Ray!” Phantom Lady said turning visible and solid. He looked at her both relieved and scared.

“Where are the others?” he said with Phantom Lady’s face looking sad.

“Ray...they’re...” she started to say as tears came to both their faces. He hugged her but the moment had to be cut short.

“We need to go.” Ray said as he turned to light and she phase and they both flew away.

10 Years Later

The funeral was hard especially on Ray and Phantom Lady. They had only managed to survive from being blown away by the atomic bomb by pure luck. They were the first ones to arrive at the new statue to their fallen comrades.

“We should come here more often.” Phantom Lady said to her husband Ray. They are both retired now and don’t come to DC that often.

“We should, Raymond certainly seems to be having fun.” The Ray said as he looked over to see their son Raymond playing with a toy plane.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

That ending came out of nowhere.. which I mean in a good way. Good job man.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Great work!

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Awesome sauce!

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Lots of awesomeness.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice stuff! Poor Freedom Fighters. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time... although you used 'And' quite a lot.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By TheManInTheShoe