DC Re-Created: Doom Patrol #1

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Downtown Business District. Morrison Ave.

Midway City

7:51 AM

Negative Man, Robotman and Elasti-Girl were trying to get citizens to safety as a Sphinx-like monster walked towards them roaring and growling savagely with saliva dripping out of it's mouth. The rage in the monster's red eyes focused directly on the trio, purposely ignoring the people running for their lives. The streets filled with screams and cries while they were running for their lives. As soon as the team are done terrified crowd. They turn their attention back to the bloodthirsty creature, resulting in a standoff. "So it's The Chimera again?" Negative Man sighed.

"Looks like it. I'm starting to think this thing has a crush on us." Elasti-Girl said with a slight chuckle.

"Or maybe we just need a better rogues gallery. You hear that Chimera? I think we need to start seeing other people." Robotman suggested. "So Rita. What's the plan?"

"The hell if I know. A better question is. Where the on earth is Mento? He should be here with us." Elasti-Girl said with frustration in her tone.

"He's probably in one of his little board meetings, you know? The world's youngest billionaire, people are calling him the next Bruce Wayne." Negative man said with a burst of amusment.

"We're just going to have to hold our own for now." Elasti-Girl said.

"Rita. You should approach the monster first since you're the strongest in this group and of course the most durable." Robotman said. Elasti-Girl cracks her knuckles and increases her size to match The Chimera, she then runs towards The Chimera and they begin to trade blows. "Negative Man. Maybe you can weaken it with your blasts of radioactive energy. Don't worry I'll find a safe place to put your body."

"Got it." Said Negative Man as his energy self releases while the body collapses on the ground. He flies towards The Chimera hitting it with blasts of greenish energy. The Chimera growls and extends it claws from it's paws and attempts to scratch Elasti-Girl, she dodges it and hits the beast right in the chest with everything she's got. This had little effect on the savage monster but Rita kept laying punches on The Chimera while Negative Man was hovering around blasting the monster with tons of radioactivity. While the two heroes were keeping The Chimera busy. Robotman was looking after Negative Man's body and also searching for weak spots on the monster, so far there were none. The Chimera finally gets a hold of Elasti-Girl by her neck and sticks all four paws in her rib area.

"AHHHHHH!!!" Elasti-Girl screamed out in pain while she dropped to the floor, shrinking to her normal size, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Oh god. Rita. Are you alright?" Robotman said while running to aid her. By the time he got to her, Rita's eyes were closed. Robotman checked her wrist to see if there was still a pulse. She was gone. Leaving him and Negative Man alone to face the monster. Negative Man flew right back into his bandages.

"Is Rita........dead?" Negative Man asked.

Robotman nods slowly as The Chimera begins to walk away, spread his wings and fly away. "What do we do now?" Robotman asked.

"We have to take her back to Chief. There has to be a way he can bring her back. He put your mind in a robotic suit for crying out loud. We're gonna have to deal with Chimera later." Negative Man said.

Doom Headquarters

Midway City. 9:06 AM

The Chief was looking through a newspaper while drinking his tea. When the team went out on missions, The Chief never worried because he knew that the team could take care of themselves. He never by any circumstances underestimated them. The Chief put his tea down along with the newspaper, he slowly strolled into the kitchen in his brand new wheelchair to get more sugar. As soon as he went into the kitchen, there was someone in a black and red costume with a bunch of red x's on them wearing a red cape. The strange figure also had a white helmet that resembled a skull.

"You're Niles Caulder right?" the stranger asked in a eerie voice.

"What do you want with me?" The Chief replied. "And where did you get that suit from? I haven't worn that since....

"You blew me to bits old friend?" asked a voice from behind.

"Wait a minute. I know that voice." The Chief said enthusiastically. As turned around to see who it was, his eyes widen as if he has seen a ghost.

"We have a lot of catching up to do my friend. And I'm sure The Brotherhood would love to have a word with you as well." the mysterious says before letting out a chuckle.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Awesome! Needs a little bit more proof-reading but still a fun read.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pretty cool stuff. I liked how the Doom Patrol were already set up as heroes and were getting bored of their enemies. However there were a few Typos and it also seems kinda weird how they just LEFT the Spinx wandering around the city. Other then that good stuff.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@johnny_blaze: Cool start. Only complaint is that sometimes in it's in present tense and sometimes in past tense.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Bump

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1