DC Re-Created:Aquaman #1

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It was a nice warm day at Amnesty Bay. The sun was shining bright and it was about 20 degrees and Arthur Curry had just woken up. He ran to the water with amazing speed and jumped in the sea. He quickly went pretty deep down where he could see his friends - sea creatures. He was swimming in the company of whales,dolphins and other kinds of sea animals.

He had a big smile on his face but something felt strange, he looked at his hands like there was something on them and when he looked back everything was dead around him and the waters were all dark and bloody. When he saw what was around him he started screaming and then he woke up.

He got up,he was all sweaty and he was breathing heavily. Everything seemed wrong but when he turned around and saw Mera's face he got calm and wasn't so afraid anymore. 'Art honey,are you alright? You screamed so loudly and then you woky up,what's wrong?' she said with concern. Arthur took a deep breath and then he answered her 'It was that nightmare again, I was swimming in the ocean alongside with every animal you can think of and when I turned around for a moment they all died. Everything felt so real. It was like I could really breathe underwater and that I had witnessed such a massacre. I think I am going crazy Mera.'

Mera hugged him and layed her head on his shoulder,she kissed him on his cheek and then looked him in the eyes and said with a calm voice 'Don't worry hon,everything will be alright as long as you got me and Artie'. Arthur smiled,kissed her back and then laughed and whispered 'Having you two is the best thing in my life'. And when he finished that sentence the door of the bedroom opened and their son came in,Arthur Curry Jr. 'Dad is everything alright? I heard you scream,are you alright?' Artie felt so concerned but his father quickly answered and tried to calm him down 'Artie everything's alright,I was just having a bad dream. How are you my son?'

And suddenly everything started fealing normal again,the normal morning talk between the family - how they slept,what did they dream about and telling each other how much they love one another.

Arthur was getting ready for work,he was almost at the front door when Mera stopped him and said 'Art honey,if there is anything else that bothers you again just come home. Don't stay at work and have even more problems with people that don't particulary like you. You can quit the job if you want.' Arthur kissed her and smiled at her 'Don't worry about me,take care of Artie and keep loving me,that's everything I want. I will be alright'

Arthur walked out of the house heading to his job while Mera was just standing next to door walking away and was thinking 'Are those dreams finally bringing up his old memories,is Arthur finally going to remember who he was,that he was Atlantis' king,that he was Aquaman. If things do turn out that way I hope they don't happen violently.'

The sea wasn't calm today and so was the weather and Arthur's nerves. His colleagues were driving him even crazier than yesterday and he was going to snap. He was about to yell at someone,hit someone or just quit the job. But he knew that he shouldn't do neither of those things. He couldn't risk the job, they needed the money and that was why he was testing his nerves every day with idiots like Danny.

'Can't you clean a f**king window Curry,this boat ain't gonna keep itself clean. Sometimes I think you are the most retarded son of b**ch that I know.' Danny was screaming at Arthur like he was a little kid that can't do his job properly. Arthur looked at him,picked up the towel he was cleaning the window with and continued what he was doing and apologised 'Sorry sir, I was just daydreaming. I promise I'm gonna do my job better from now on.'

Arthur couldn't stop thinking about the nightmare he had,it was in his head for a week now and not one bit has changed for those seven days. When he almost got his head clear from the bad thoughts he started hearing something 'Move away Arthur. Get out of that boat. You will all die if you don't get off of it.' it was a stranger's voice he has never heard it before. He turned back to see if anyone was behind him but there was no one there,the whole deck around him was clear,the fisherman boat was big and everyone seemed to be at the back. He didn't see anyone around him,so who told him to get off the boat.

Right when he heard the voice again he saw a big shadow underneath him,he looked up and saw the biggest wave that he had seen in his life. The wave was about to hit the boat. Arthur moved away, trying to run at the back to the others. Danny was steering the boat but the wave still hit a small part of the boat, it had cut the wires that were holding the cages for the fish. There were two guys that were about to get hit,Arthur moved fast he thought that he could save them. When he got there he knew that he cannot move them away fast enought so he tried to grab the cages.

The cages were somewhere between 450 and 600 kilograms, a normal person would have no chance to hold them on his own but Arthur grabbed them. His colleagues had fallen on the ground and were looking up with surprise in their eyes and they just had to say one thing 'What are you Arthur?'

TO BE CONTINUED..............................................................................................

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Nice. There were a few typos but I enjoyed the story. You seem to be doing a new take on Arthur (him having a job and not knowing about his powers) I'm looking forward to seeing him discover his powers and start to become the hero we all know.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TDK_1997

@tommythehitman: I'm glad you liked it. I really want to make something different so that's why I choose this path with Arthur.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is cool, a few minor typos (remember to space after a comma) but they don't take away from the experience. Good job.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: I always forget about the spacing after the comas.And also thanks for the good words.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By YoungJustice

@tdk_1997 said:

@youngjustice: I always forget about the spacing after the comas.And also thanks for the good words.

It's something easy to miss, also make sure to use some type of punctuation before starting dialogue, "like this."

Sorry for being nit picky, lol.

Edit: Also, make sure to never start a sentence with and.

Edit: Press shift while pressing the apostrophe key so you can get the quotation instead of the apostrophe.

Edit: One last thing and I'll stop being an a$$, put your text in word for spell check before you post, just to make it more polished.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: Thanks for the clarification.For the next issue these rookie mistakes wouldn't be seen.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@tdk_1997: Awesome. I would suggest to put a space after each comma, though. Otherwise it was awesome!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@tdk_1997: Awesome. Didn't see you were reminded of that before I said it :)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's a little...well simple. Like this "He quickly went pretty deep down where he could see his friends - sea creatures. He was swimming in the company of whales,dolphins and other kinds of sea animals."

Now I'm not hoping for Shakespeare but...do you see what I mean?

It's a good start but I think it needs some work

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson: I am not a native american or from an english speaking country so you can't expect a deep storytelling or for me to use compound words. But I will try my best to improve my writting skills.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tdk_1997: You've done okay, time will make you better

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers