Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedHood13

Enterpiena Del Diablo, June 6th 1874

No Caption Provided

Jonah Hex slowly walks up the stairs of the patio. As he moseys in to the saloon, a couple affectionately eating each other’s faces, almost falling over the railing, stops and stares at him.

“How ya doing?” he asks as he tips his hat and smiles for them.

He continues to stroll in to the saloon. He causally opens the doors and walks in. Not trying to make a scene, just acting like he belongs there. Everyone gets quiet. They stop playing cards. They stop dancing. They stop drinking (some). The piano player even stops playing. Despite their blatant fascination, disgust, and curiosity for Jonah; he saunters over to the bar and sits down at one of the stools, directly in front of the bartender.

“Beer, triple X.” Jonah commands the bartender.

“Uh…coming right up sir.”

The bartender turns around to get a bottle from behind him. He hands the bottle to Hex and moves down the bar to serve some other customers.

Jonah sips his beer as if he doesn’t know that all of the people in the saloon are looking at him. He takes a swig and turns around. He brings his attention towards the piano player.

“Why’d ya stop?”

The piano player scrambles to the keys and begins to play again. Jonah turns towards the entire bar.

“Dance, drink, have fun. Why are you staring at me?” Jonah addresses them.

The people turn away and slowly begin to go back to what they were doing. Soon enough the atmosphere of the saloon is back to normal.

“Mr. Hex,” a voice comes from behind him.

James Book sits down next to him “I didn’t expect to see you here.”

“And why is that” Jonah asks as he takes another sip.

“I thought you’d be out of town by now.”

“Well I’m not.”

“Clearly” Book says as if Jonah was dumb.

“Why are you here?” Jonah asks.

“I wanted a drink too. Is that a crime?”

“I wouldn’t trust a drunk deputy.” Jonah says.

“I wouldn’t trust a tipsy criminal either.” Book says referring to Jonah.

“Why does it matter? I’m not a deputy.”

“Yeah, but the sheriff sure thinks you can ‘solve the crime’!” James says with obvious hints of jealousy in his tone.

Jonah stands up. “Look Book, I don’t wanna have this discussion right now. I didn’t figure out who killed Mr. Darby, so don’t be jealous.”

“I’m not jealous!” Book says as he jumps up to his feet.

“You sure are acting like it.” Jonah informs him as he begins to go away. Book slams his hand down on Jonah’s shoulder, bringing his stride to a halt.

“Don’t tell me what I’m acting like Hex!”

Jonah is slightly taken aback. Slightly. In this day and age it was very disrespectful to refer to a person by their last name. Jonah kicks Book in the groin, turns around, punches him in the stomach, and slams his fist on his back, rendering him outstretched on the ground.

“To @#$%ing late.” Jonah says.

He turns around and begins to walk out of the bar. Everyone is staring at him again.

“Hey Hex!!!” Jonah turns around to see Book standing up with a gun pointed directly at him. “I wouldn’t assault a deputy if I were you!!!”

“And I wouldn’t go picking a fight with a better marksman if I were you.”

Within what seems like less than second, Jonah fires off his pistol and a bullet flies through Books shoulder. Book fires on impact, blasting a hole in the wall.

“AAAAAAAAAH!!!! Get his dirty @#$!!!” Book shouts.

Three HUGE guys get up from a poker game. They all crack their knuckles, each in a different way.

“You shouldn’t have done that!” says the biggest.

“And why is that?” Jonah asks.

“Cause we wouldn’t have to beat you up if you didn’t!” the smallest one says (who’s still bigger than Jonah).

“So you think,” Jonah chuckles “You’re going to beat me up?”

“We don’t think. We kn-” BLAM, BLAM, BLAM!!!!!

Shots are fired as Jonah pulls the trigger on two of his hidden pistols and dashes out of the saloon. The biggest one falls to the ground, on top of the smallest, who struggles to get him off. The other chases after Jonah.

“That @#$%^&*!!! C’mon Butch!” one of the men says to the smallest.

“Go Obie! I’ll catch up!”

Obie bursts through the saloon doors and sees Jonah on his horse riding away. Obie fires at Jonah, not being able to hit him as Jonah zig-zag’s through the streets. He gives up and jumps off of the patio. He unties a random horse, hops on, and hunts down Jonah; who’s know much farther ahead.

Jonah goes at top speed, holding on to his hat as he bounces up and down on the horse. Jonah’s leg knocks in to the horse’s side, his way of telling the damn thing to speed up! PIAAUUUUUUU!!!! A bullet zooms through Jonah’s hat, luckily not hitting his head. Jonah turns around to see Obie and Butch horseback following him.

No Caption Provided

@#$%^&

Jonah dashes over a hill and sees train tracks in the alley below. A train zooms towards him in the distance.

CHUG, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG!!!! The noise of the train becomes louder as Jonah approaches the tracks in front of him. Jonah kicks his horse again and again

“Speed up! SPEED UP!!!” he shouts, realizing that the horse can’t go any faster.

He doesn't know if he’ll make it, but in every scenario he ends up dead, so frankly he doesn't care.

The horse steps onto the tracks as Jonah jumps in to the air. The train slams in to the horse and just barely misses airborne Hex. THUD!!! Jonah slams to the ground. He staggers up to his feet and sprints away, into the wilderness ahead of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Wilderness, June 6th 1874

Jonah sits on the ground, leaning against a large rock on the top of a hill. From above Jonah’s camp ground looks like a semi-circle, outlined by the forest in front of him and the 8 foot cliff he leans against.

He rips the meat off of a bone with his teeth and throws the bone in to the fire in front of him. Who knows what animal he was eating, but you can bet your @#$ he killed it himself. Jonah grips his pistol and lies down on the ground. He closes his eyes, hoping that the heats of the fire will sooth him to sleep before it burns out.

As Jonah enters the first stage of slumber, a rustling comes from behind the trees. He slowly gets up. The fire is dim and only lights up the two feet around it.

"Let's see what my meal will be tomorrow!"

No Caption Provided

“I guess I’ll be eating @#$%^”Jonah stands to his feet as another, louder, rustling sound comes from woods. He rests his finger of his pistol on the trigger and cocks the back. He hears a low, menacing growl. From the darkness two bright lights in the form of circles appear. The eyes of a monster. He slowly sees the lips of something pull back to reveal sharp teeth stained with blood. Jonah cautiously reaches down for a stick and grasps it tightly He steps back and scraps it across the rock. The stick lights and he throws it into the pile of wood, igniting a large flame again. A blonde wolf with a snout stained with blood, sharp teeth, dirty fur, and haunting red eyes slowly approaches him.“Let’s see what my meal will be tomorrow.”

Jonah shoots the canine right in-between the eyes. It drops to the ground, though no blood spills out of the bullet wound. He stares inside the hole and sees the bullet being pushed him by its brain, skull, muscle, and then tissue reforms. The bullet plops out as the wound completely heals. The wolf stands back on it’s feet.

“Oh you shouldn't have done that!” says….the wolf!

Jonah gasps as the wolf pounces towards him and his mouth opens wide.

@#$%!!!!” BANG, BANG, BANG!!!!

to be continued…..

Issue #1

DC Re-Created Library

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Jonah is such a badass...

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4 wildvine  Moderator

@redhood13:

May I suggest adding links to the last issue and the library?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Aw man. I love love westerns. Please write more.