Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ekrolo
No Caption Provided

Justice League of America Issue 2

“War of the Worlds” Part 2

Written by Bodhi Ouellette

We stand with a message. A message that will mark a new dawn for you Earthlings. We are similar to you. We have the same body structure, and habits. But there are many things where we are different from you all.

Washington D.C. Base:

The Capital of one of the biggest super governments in the world. The center of everything. And the home base of the Justice League of America. In the sky, Superman and Green Lantern are carrying the two green Giants over from Los Angeles.

In an airfield, a pack of soldiers, captains, and two of the Justice League members Adam Strange, Blue Beetle, and the Atom stand, waiting for the two heroes to drop off the two giants. As they get closer to them, Superman and Green Lantern slowly, and safely place the two giants down on the ground.

Superman: We found these two big guys in Los Angeles. We want you to evaluate them.

Atom: Then you’ve called the right people to do the job!

Green Lantern: That was a bit too enthusiastic.

Adam Strange: We’ll need to bring them into the base. Lantern.

Green Lantern: Oh, no way! My arm is about to literally fall off from carrying that fat sack hundreds of miles over here! Sups, you deal with--

But Superman has already lifted off from the ground and was heading off into the sky.

Green Lantern: -- it. Son of a bitch...

Adam Strange: Well… we’re waiting.

Green Lantern: *Sigh*

No matter what he could do, nothing could bring Superman out of the state that he was going through. The events that have left him shocked over what he has done has made the Man of Steel guilty, and emotionally weak. It was the day he never thought would come. The day they came. The day he had to do the unthinkable. And he was guilty for all of it…

We hid from our own habitat because we were afraid. Afraid that if someone came to our planet to kill us, we would be wiped from the face of the land again. And we hid. We hid from fear. But we grew. And we have no more fear. All we have is hope.

Atlantis:

A city that was plagued with myths of its existences, now proudly standing as existing, and as real as the myths claim it to be.

In the palace, King Arthur, also known as Aquaman, and many Atlantian warriors get their weapons and gear ready to travel somewhere. Aquaman stands beyond the rest of his people, and besides him are his warriors and Mera, his wife.

Arthur: Good day to you all, my people! I have called for this assembly for you all so I can inform you that your king will now be heading off to Themyscira, with my best warriors, to prepare and train in a new annual competition between our two societies! All Atlanteans are free to join the event once it begins! Under my absences, I have placed my wife as ruler of Atlantis!

The crowd cried even louder for their Queen.

Atlanteans: All hail Queen Mera!

Arthur: Until then, I bid you all farewell!

Aquaman and his dozen Warriors approach what looks to be a teleporter; a circular device, decorated in golden Atlantean architecture, with a blue swirling pool of water circling around. An Atlantean scientist stands aside from the teleporter, in front of a control pad. He presses a few buttons and turns a knob over. Suddenly, the pool begins to swirl faster and faster, where even the color changes from a seawater blue, to chalk white. The swirl eventually stops, revealing the identities of Diana of Themyscira, and Hera on the other side. Aquaman and the warriors walk through this portal.

Themyscira:

Standing patiently for the arrival of one of their most loyal allies is Hippolyta, queen of Themyscira, and her daughter, Princess Diana. But to her allies, and to the humans, she is known as Wonder Woman. Aquaman and his warriors all enter out of the portal, greeted by the Queen and Princess, as well as other Amazonians.

Arthur: (Kneels down) Good day to you, Queen Hippolyta. And to you to, Princess Diana.

Diana: And to you to, King Arthur.

Hippolyta: Our tournament begins tomorrow. I hope your best warriors are prepared for such an event.

Arthur: I would not of come here as a competitor if I did not find my warriors to come with me.

Hippolyta: Excellent. The colosseum is open for your men to train and practice in.

Arthur: Thank you.

His guards leave the scene, heading for the colosseum.

Diana: We will be having a dinner celebration tonight. We would like you to come, if nothing comes up, that is.

Arthur: I should be saying the same for you as well. I will be at the dinner, tonight. Don’t worry.

Washington D.C. Base:

Inside of a garage of the base, the two Green giants are laid down on the ground, being evaluated my multiple scientists, including Adam Strange and Blue Beetle. Adam Strange is evaluating monitor charts of the beasts, while Blue Beetle is studying the beasts physical forms, and writing down statements on a clipboard.

Blue Beetle: How’s it in there, Ray?

Atom came out from an open wound they had made, and soon grows back to his original size, standing on the titan.

Atom: Evaluating this guy was a pain. His arteries was full of cholesterol!

Blue Beetle: I never knew you had a sense of humor. Usually I’m the one making the jokes.

Atom: I wasn’t joking. I was complaining. Besides the point, I have found some, very interesting stuff about this thing.

The Atom and Blue Beetle begin to walk over towards Adam Strange.

Atom: Overall, it’s body structure and blood is human. The size and DNA that I collected, and evaluated will tell us what this thing really is.

Adam Strange: (turns to see Blue and Atom) You have the data samples?

Atom: As promised. (He hands him the DNA sample)

Adam then inserts the DNA plate into the computers. It begins analyzing the sample given. It finishes, and displays certain numbers, fractions, and percentages.

Adam Strange: Hm. Interesting. These guys have some human DNA in them, but then theres some data I can’t identify. Let me trace where the origins of the samples came from.

Blue Beetle: It can do that?

Adam Strange: I built this computer with Rannian tech. Of course It can. Scanning…

The computer traces the DNA back to a picture of the planet Mars.

Adam Strange: Mars?

Blue Beetle: So this means they’re martians?

Atom: Implausible. They have strands of human DNA. Hybrid, maybe?

Adam Strange: Maybe. Let’s trace the origin of the human DNA.

Atom gives Adam the blood samples, and he enters it into the computer. It scans again, then revealing the origins coming from Seattle, Washington.

Blue Beetle: Seattle?

Atom: Yep. Definitely a hybrid.

Adam Strange: Maybe not. We’d have to evaluate this more to see what these guys really are...

And this is our hope. We have learned to be superior in all ways possible. And now you stand against our way to become superior. We will defeat you. We will end you. We will become superior. And you won’t stand in our way. Because we are that Hope…

To be continued in Justice League of America Issue 3!

KingMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ekrolo: Good just I noticed that you said two Justice League members were waiting at the base but you named three.