DC Genesis: Superman Part Four

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Clark was aroused from his deep slumber by a glowing green crystal. It had been a few years since Jonathan Kent’s death, and still he thought of him every day. Half asleep, he had forgotten who he was for a second, and the crystal soon reminded him. The crystal had served as a reminder to his Father’s death always. He had decided to keep it close, just in case. Today, however, was different. The crystal glowed an ominous green color, and Clark rose from bed and touched it. Within minutes strange marking flowed onto the crystal…he shielded his eyes from a immense flash of light, and suddenly, all was silent. Not a bird chirping, not a cricket sounding, just him, and the sound of his breath. He knew what he had to do.

By then the clock had struck six o’clock, summoning Martha from her bedroom. Upon arrival to the kitchen she found Clark hastily cramming a bowl of cereal down his throat, as if he were afraid to miss a bus to school.

“What on Earth is the matter, Clark?!” Martha said, quite aghast in a tone only a Mother could have.

“Ma,” Clark said, gulping down the last of his cereal. “I have to go.”

Martha’s eyes swelled up at the words. “Clark, honey, what are you talking about?”

Without a word, Clark extracted the crystal from beneath the table, still glowing green. “It’s calling to me.” Clark told his Mother, emotions absent from his voice. “I need to go.”

“Where?” cried Martha.

“I don’t know yet…I guess I’ll find out.”

Martha turned aside, biting her lip. “I knew this day would come.” she said. “But I would’ve thought it would come sooner.” She gave Clark a weak smile. “Please, Clark…there’s something I want you to take with you.” she said.

Within a few hours, Clark had said his final goodbyes to his surrogate Mother, and she had given him the blankets he was found wrapped in. Clark flew off, carrying the crystal…it spoke to him…giving him directions on where to go…Clark felt in a haze the whole time, not quite in control of himself. Finally, he landed in a region covered in snow and ice. Any normal human wouldn’t survive in these extreme temperatures, yet Clark was not a human, and not normal for that matter. He could see his breath, but it didn’t bother him. He walked across the ice caps of the region, and suddenly, he stopped when the glacier melted into the ocean. He took one last look at the crystal, and knew what to do.

He tossed the crystal into the ocean, and in no time at all, a bubbling was seen, and the sound of cardboard tearing was heard as the crystal grew larger, creating more and more crystal with each passing second, until finally, a fortress was erected, magnificent in sight, and gleaming like the sun. He flew into it to see what looked like a control panel made of crystals…again, it spoke to him, and again, he knew what to do. He extracted the middle crystal, and to his surprise, a hologram of a giant head appeared before him. The man’s hair was grey, and his face was full of wrinkles. Time had not been well to him. He had the look of a wise man, and upon his chest lay an emblem similar to the one Clark found among the blankets in his rocket.

“I am Jor El.” the hologram stated, “you are my son, Kal El…this program you have selected will tell you everything you need to know about Krypton, your birth planet, and your powers and abilities on Earth…my only regret is that I am not there to see you grow up.” The recording paused. “Are you ready to begin?”

Clark stared at the hologram for what felt like hours. All his life he had imagined what his Father might look like, and now he finally knew. Wonder filled his eyes as tears of joy streamed down his cheeks. “Yes.” he said at last.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#1  Edited By TheCannon

Cool! Wish I had read the previous parts, then I would understand it more. I still enjoyed it though.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

Thanks.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53 said:

“I am Jor El.” the hologram stated, “I am your son, Kal El…this program you have selected will tell you everything you need to know about Krypton, your birth planet, and your powers and abilities on Earth…my only regret is that I am not there to see you grow up.”

So Jor-El is his son in this? Or did you mean "You are my son, Kal-El" because otherwise that's a twist I never saw coming?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sh*t! That must have slipped through editing!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: thanks for pointing that out. New chapter should be up soon.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By CapFanboy

@primepower53: It woulda been so cool if Jor-El was his son...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@CapFanboy: @primepower53: Mega weird twist which could kinda work if written well