DC Genesis - Nightwing #5

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

Edited By Trodorne

Many months had passed since newly appointed rookie officer Richard Grayson was sent on his beat for the Bludhaven police department. The "Coin Francaise" was a french quarter of the city. Much of the french imigrants who come to the United States often come in through Bludhaven, rumor is that the French mob might be running a small outfit here and bring in many of the illegal western european immigrants.

"Bonjour", Dick said to the old woman who was working on her laundry out in the open spring air. Getting more of a glare being thrown at him than a smile. In fact everyone there was acting very adamant about his presence in the neighborhood.

"Look alive rookie!" a stern female voice came from behind him which was followed by a laugh. Dick was assigned on this beat to work with Sgt.Flores who so far did not mind busting dicks chops for just being new to the force. "Don't expect to get a warm welcome here in the French corner here, rook. They don't like BPD walking around. So don't try to get too friendly, We'll just hand out parking tickets and leave after a few hours." She said with a stern voice.

Dick looked around and made note of how this part of the city was designed similar to some of the old southern french architecture. Mostly He looked down La Rue De Merde, where he could see a busy harbour front with passengers ships and cargo ships. This was his focus on working this beat to scope out the area after a few months ago when he stopped a shipment of drugs coming into Gotham City*. "So why is it that they do not like the BPD here?"

((*- See Nightwing #4))

"No trust in us. though I can't blame them...." she said while shaking her head. She moved on keeping a stone face and deep in thought. "I'll tell you something Grayson, you get those super freaks in major cities across the US, and Alien in Metropolis, and some loonies in Gotham but here. you don't need super heroes. This city....sometimes this city can be a rotten to the core. but it has some good points..."

"You sound like you have been here for quite a while Sarge?", Dick said trying to maybe force some more out of her. Flores sounded like she knew quite a bit about the city and he could learn some things from her. She told him she has lived in the city her entire life but mentioned to make good changes to the city that she loves she felt the need to apply for the Bureau and become a FED agent. maybe then she might have more power to help her city.

Dick wished her luck on that endevour when there was a yell. "Arreter! Arreter!" As a big man with a hannah hat and thick beard was chasing a small boy. Flores whispered to Grayson. "don't get involved with this..." when the boy saw the two police officers ran over to them. "S'il vous plaît, ne les laissez pas me prendre....". The boy quickly said be fore the big man took him by the arm.

"Sir, What seems to be the problem?" Dick said to the big man.

The big man snorted. "Stay out of our business, he is a theif and none of your concern." Still leering at him and then leering at the boy.

"Grayson....." Flores said to him in a harsh undertone.

"As members of the BPD. since a crime was committed it is best we take him down to the station to be processed, and there you can press formal charges against him and he can go to juvinal hall." Leering back at the big guy without blinking. "If not the boy can return what he stole, What did he steal?"

The big guy gave an angry face and calmed down a bit to think. "Apples...."

"Apples... well, since I do not see apples on him im assuming he ate them. ill pay for the damages." Reaching into his back pocket, Dick pulled out his wallet and handed the man a $20. "Im sure this will cover the damages."

"Why does some "pig" care what happens to an orphan?*" The big man said while walking away from the boy and the officers. ((*-Translated from french))

"Because its my job chuckles*" Dick said with a smirk.

"nicely handled rookie, but what did you say to him?" Flores asked but still keeping a stern look on her face.

"oh... just told him to have a nice day." quickly looking down at the kid and winked.

"But even still it was not our business to get involved. You should remember that next time." She said while looking at him coldly. "It's dangerous enough as it is with us walking around."

The boy ran off before Dick had a chance to grab him and bring him in. He wanted to chase the kid and find out what was really going on, Flores reached out and grabbed his arm and shook her head. The two headed off on the rest of their beat for a few more hours and headed back to the station. after filling in some paper work for the day he headed home to his apartment.

Bludhaven in the spring is not a glitzy or bright like gotham which he could see why most of the costumed villains would not make a home here. but there is still use for Heroes in this city especially if he is going to get to the bottom of this drug ring that was being brought to Gotham. He thought about going home getting some food and get changed for his other job.

"Hey Rookie!" came a yell from behind. Flores ran up to Grayson as he was just starting off to home from the station. She looked different out of uniform. not as hard nosed as he did with the badge on. She dressed in light wool coat and scarf and wore her long hair down instead of the standard issue hair bun. "I wanted to say sorry about earliar. This city is not as nice as it seems I know we don't have those "Super" problems like every other city but this place is dangerous. But one thing bothered me. What did that boy say to you that made you want to help him?"

Dick stayed silent for a moment. Going back to that kids face. but it was not just that. Thinking back to what was in his pocket. it looked like one of the insulin needles used in the drug ring. putting his face to memory to also keep an eye out for. "Please. Don't let him take me..."

-To be continued.-

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#1  Edited By RazzaTazz

I like it

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points