DC Genesis - Nightwing #4 (Rated M)

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

Edited By Trodorne

Many people in Gotham city really relish the sun when it comes out. but what ever citizens do take full advantage of it before it becomes night time. The biggest attraction to the city is the fact of its late night arts and entertainment. The danger is in the fancy lights at night, but the ordinary light of the day is when the smart people come out to enjoy all that life brings. One citizen dashes down the street looking at his watch. dodging passers by, and other obsticles with great ease. Finally getting some space and a greater pace in the open park area. He comes to a stop and adjusts his leather bikers jacket as he slows down to meet up with a new Rolls Royce. 

"Master Grayson, You would be more prompt if I were to send a young female shopper to you and rather have to wait a whole 15 mins for you to arrive on time."  said an elderly man wearing a chauffeur outfit.

"Sorry Alfred, Lost track of time. But Its always good to see you." He said with a smile and patted him on the shoulder.

"Thank you sir, I always welcome your company, but if we can get down to getting you ready for this dinner and fundraiser..." motioning him into the vehicle. "As you can see your suit is ready."

"Al, I have no idea what I would ever do without you sometimes." Dick said while climbing into the vehicle.

They took off down the street, Dick got changed into his suit. He hated wearing suits. it was not him. He liked to be casual, the only suit he liked to wear was the one on nightly patrols. He had no problem going to charity events, especially if it was for a good cause. Always fine scene, but seemed so fake. Especially the rich of gotham. But as being a ward of the Wayne family, he still needs to make an apperance to these events.

The sun was beginning to go down and the dinner was beginning as each plate was $200, but came with expensive and delectabile cuisines from all over the world. Dick thought, "How can any get full on such a very small meal?" as each dish was given a small piece of the actual meal with extravigant sause and some small vegetable on the side of the dish. Later on after the meal most of the tables cleared to allow room for dancing in the middle of the large hall. most of this time was spent mingling of the rich and famous with some scattered photographers taking pictures of key people. Dick was making greetings and shaking hands with the well to do's of Gotham City. 

Just then he was pulled around by his left shoulder and before he knew it he was being kissed by a familiar red headed woman. she pulled away after a moment of what could be interpreted as a passionate kiss, then followed by a slap to the face. "Richard Grayson, we go out on twenty dates and you have not contacted me for the past 4 months." The woman said with a fierce tone in her voice.

"Ahhh... Melissa" Dick snapped back into reality. "I did call you to say I could not make our date to the Gotham City Comic Con. As much as I wanted to go dressed as Batman I had..."

He was interrupted again with another slap to the face as she still looked very much angry at him. Yet inside though he could wish that he could say he was busy catching a recently escaped killer croc at the time as Nightwing, but some how knew it would still not fly with her. But still not giving her an answer at that moment slapped him again. 

"Can you stop slapping me for a minute? Okay Im really sorry. How about You and I get together next week after Halloween cause I have to do charities and other things. and we can get together and do what ever you want. okay?" putting both hands up to show that he is giving up and not trying to pull a fast one. which he knew he was.

"You better make it up to me... cause I was thinking that kiss i gave was the last good thing you would ever get from me. Now I have to go and see my fathers friends. give me a call soon." she said with a wink and walked off. 

Why is it always the red heads that get to me, he thought. Just then a large hand came down on his shoulders. Dick turned around to see a tall man looked European based on his style and poise. He stood around Dick's height with very light brown hair, very clean shaven with a small french mustache. He was with two women, one on each arm. Dick could tell he liked to flaunt what he had, he straightened himself up as they made eye contact.

"I say Mister Grayson, That ought ta be strange way to get dates here in Gotham. Bless me self, where are ma manners. Tristan McLeod" They took a moment to shake hands.

Dick got to know more of Tristan as he was visiting Gotham from Bludhaven as he was establishing overseas offices of his European company and trying to make work and maybe set up some competition as a Pharmaceutical company. said he was trying to learn american english to learn to blend in with the locals, as his accent seemed to change between a bit of scotish to american. 

Dick slipped out after his conversation with Mr.McLeod. He met Alfred around back. "Now that im done talking with the highlander its time to get to my job." He said to Alfred with a wink. Getting changed into his street clothes he waited to for the car to come to a stop at his place. before he left the back Alfred rolled down the driver window in the vehicles back. "Oh and Mr.Fox at Wayne Enterprises said that these vials of medicine will help clear up those problems if they start flaring up again." Dick took them knowing that it was a quick antidote for what ever the junkies were taking to make them stronger.

It was two hours later when Nightwing was on patrol. He headed for "Junkie Avenue" as some called it for his next lead. Coming down in the alley way up by a near by crack den. He crept in the shadows hoping to spot a dealer who might be selling this new drug to the junkies and having them flip over cars, pools, and car pools. Soon he spotted what would be a suspect standing at a corner near the far end of the street. He saw one of the insulen pens, he climbed up the building and went to the edge to get a better look. The dealer was about to sell one of the pens when he saw Nightwing on the roof and made a break for the near by alley. "yes run cause for some reason they think I won't chase them."

He used his zip line and got down to the street level, he was gaining fast on the dealer when he came to a dead end. He turned around to see Nightwing caught up. "Okay man, we need to have some words..-" before he could finish he heard the sounds of foot steps coming out of doors and behind boxes behind himself. He fell for a trap. he could not help but shake his head at himself.

"No hero, we got some words with you, our boss.-"

"Yeah sorry to cut you off.. blah blah your going to teach me a lesson. Okay guys just to let you know if this was a game of Dungeons and Dragons you are all level one thugs against a tenth level Monk class. you guys don't stand a chance, so if you want ill accept your surrender now..." He waited and noticed the were beginning to circle around him more. "No? okay... Think fast!"

He threw his night sticks at two guys to his side. The sticks both hit the men at the bridge of the nose hard knocking them to the ground, Dick knew it would make it harder for them to breathe thus easier to tire them out. First attack came from behind, he ducked very low where a front kick came up and tried to hit him in the middle of the back, Dick grabbed the leg and did a shoulder toss slamming the guy on his side and giving him a slight concussion. 

Two more signed to rush him at the same time, Timing the stride of the bigger man and leapt at him from after just shoulder tossing, he landed both feet on the taller mans chest and came down with a hard punch between the eyes and pushed off with a flip, and came down wrapping both legs around his neck and twisted enough with the rest of his momentum to toss the other charging guy against the brick wall. 

The dealer was no longer confident as Nightwing walked over to pick up his nightsticks and knocked out the two others with the broken noses. "now where were we. oh yes... you were going to tell me about this drug."

It was about two hours later, Nightwing was sitting on the roof of a warehouse down at the docks. Watching as some tankers and other ships dock and leave, many of the dock workers are still out tonight unloading as part of a late shift. sliding down and hanging upside down to a man tied in a caccoon of rope hanging from the roof top. "Now Murray... it was Murray right?" Nightwing said while waiting for the man to answer with simple nods or shakes as his mouth was covered in duct tape. "Good, Now Murray you did say that this tanker is to arrive with the shipment. What container is the drugs hiding in?", At this time he pulled off the tape from his mouth to let Murray the dealer talk.

"Its in container 01-12A." Murray said before his mouth was covered in tape again. Nightwing put another one on for good measure. He patted Murray on the head and went back up and used his binoculars. Scanning the containers that were already offloaded from the boats. There it was. 01-12A. At the bottom But he could see several men gathering around it right now. looks like they are planning to unload the shipment. Using a special blue tooth, Nightwing lept down from the roof on some crates.

"Gordon here" The sound buzzed in Nightwings blue tooth ear piece.

"This is Nightwing with a special tip that a drug shipment is going down at a container 01-12A, best sent a team in ASAP." Nightwing said as he started to dash down the docks in shadowed areas to prevent from being spotted.

There was no acknowledgement from Gordon as the phone hung up and Dick knew he was well on his way down with a swat team and maybe a few cars. Gordon was a good man not to pass up information like this. 

Just before he could get to the container, a few gun shots hit the ground infront of him. Silenced the shots were. there were two guys both wearing matching clothes and cheap wicker cowboy hats. They each had two Silenced Glock 9's in there hand and wearing black sweaters and dark denim jeans with gun holsters. "Well what in tar-nations do we have here Tad?" 

"Looks like we got ourselves an interloper, Tom." He said to Tad while both kept their guns targeted at Nightwing.

"Interloper? what? Im just... Just going to to say hi to those guys at that container with my fist." Nightwing said jokingly but saw they were reaching for there triggers. He then dove behind a steel girder. as the shots fired from Tom, Tad moved off to the side to see if he could flush him out. trying to sneak around and get around enough to maybe shoot him in the leg and just wound him. Just coming around he noticed Nightwing was gone. He looked around and then was on the ground as Nightwing fell right on top of him from a connecting girder from the one he was hiding behind. he took the guns and tossed them into the water. "Now little boys should not play wi- AGH!" He was cut off after a shot hit him in the back of the leg. he leapt behind a large container as Tom was coming up to check on his brother. 

He was not careful enough as soon as he came up to Tad Nighwing used his night sticks to knock the guns out of Toms hands, he jumped on Tom and started to exchange blows. but eventually he knocked Tom on his butt, He could hear sirens pulling up to the container area where the drugs were being stored. "Looks like your drug drive is not going to make it to dodge there buckaroo." Nightwing said. but was shocked he got a laugh out of Tom.

"So what" He said with a grin to Nightwing. "Send us to prison, The Blockbuster is just going to get us out of prison and well eventually own the streets of gotham like he does Bludhaven."

Nightwing knocked Tom out and put handcuffs on him and his brother. GCPD eventually found them in plain sight and took them in with the others they rounded up. Nightwing hung out in the alley near the cop cars hoping for Jim Gordon to walk by. which by ritual with Batman he almost expects and encounter with the dark knight or any of his companions. 

"So this is a nightwing job tonight. Glad to say im happy to finally be rid of these drugs off our streets." He said with some pride in his team at catching a good portion of the criminals.

"I wish I had that optimism but it seems these guys are pawns. there is something bigger going on. Keep an eye on those gunslinging twins there, expect someone to bail them out. Looks like the source of this is coming from Bludhaven but I doubt there will be a good enough record saying from whom. If there is any hope of stopping this Blockbuster, Well have to hope that this was the best he had."

The night seemed that much colder to the two figures. Nightwing took off down the alley way leaving Gordon to clean up the crime scene. The drugs were stopped but for how long. Nightwing knew that he had to go to Bludhaven but he could not just go down there for no reason and bring attention to Dick Grayson. he needed a good reason to head there. Then it dawned on him. Later as he headed home, as he got out of his suit , he got onto his computer and sent an e-mail to BPD, with an attachment: Dick Grayson's Resume...

The End.

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By KisserNe

Fabulous! The action as always was great :) I can picture the scenes perfectly and the suspense of who is behind it all is killing me, although I have a very sharp idea as to it is!!!

As for the constructive criticism of this post... The grammar got a little complicated. Capitalization errors, minor punctuation, etc. Nothing too terrible, just little things here and there, other than that great piece, my friend!

ALSO! The structure of this issue is much better than the slight "prose" look, good job! Keep it up!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

A Nightwing Fan Fiction. Aaaaah!.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Trodorne
@KisserNe:  lol I know I maybe have to hire someone to do grammar and spell checks for me. I have a real bad habit of thinking faster than I type and sometimes miss words or it sounded fine in my head when I read it.  Thanks again for the read.
@ReVamp
Hoped you enjoyed it.
KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By KisserNe

@Trodorne:

I understand completely, it happens a lot to me (the mind moving faster than the hands) and it also doesn't help that Comic Vine seems to remove names from posts, occasionally, lol. None the less, it was great and I stand by that! :) Oh and you are quite welcome!