DC Genesis - Nightwing #1 (Rated M for Mature)

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Trodorne

Dark autumn night in gotham city, with the usual music of police or ambulance sirens making up the ambiance. Up on the roof top not to far away from the gotham city parks area. a sleek figure moves like a cat and leaps into the air from the edge of the roof without hesitation. Falling faster, but with quick persition and reflex shoots a cable line to the next building making a graceful swing from building to building. 

Gotham is a mad city, You'd have to be mad to keep working here. But me, Ive taken the worst from the worst in this city and I won.

The lone figure reaches the edge of the towering skyscraper and lays back to enjoy the view. sitting in a shadowed area to keep attention away from himself and getting lost in his thoughts. "Man what a nice night..." He says outloud before stopping himself.

The hell am i doing talking out loud to myself, next thing you know ill be sitting in the dark brooding to myself like Bruce.

Just then a loud scream for help comes from down below in one of the alley ways. He rolls off the building and carries himself downwards moving his body and calculating the movements needed. He has done this a million times and more knowing the lay outs and getting a feel for the air and the contours of the building to use in his landings. then he sees them. 5 guys and a woman who managed to put one down by herself. Slowing his decent he can take two of them out before he lands.

On the ground, a woman screams as she tries to fight off her attackers. She throws wild fists into the air hoping enough to distract them and catch them with a kick to the groin area. but the thugs get wise to this. The largest of them grabs her arm and presses her against the wall, then his large hand goes on her throat almost effectively silencing her. she tries to kick and flail at the man but he does not flinch so much. The man leans in showing off his Wolf tattoo on his face. "You know miss that you should not be around streets like this at night." he says while looking her from top to bottom and back again. "Cause sometimes bad things.."

"AGGH!" Screamed two of his friends as they were kicked into the nearby wall of the alleyway. 

"Yeah yeah, bad things happen to nice people. Now comes my hero line, STOP EVIL DOER!" Sticking up his left hand and making an iconic pose. 

"well if your the hero than here.." Said the big guy as he pulls the woman forward and still holding onto her throat he squeezes a little harder. "Let us go or I snap this canaries neck like a pencil."

The figure stepped in the alley light showing his black costume with a depiction of a red bird on his chest stretching from one shoulder to the other, with short black hair and a mask only hiding his cheek bones and eyes. while his gesture became more serious he quickly grabbed his retractable baton from his belt and hurled it with a lightning strike precision and hit the large thug in the right eye making him drop the woman, Before he could have a chance to regain his senses to feet both land on his stomach. did not take him out but got him on his butt. Quickly Nightwing looked around to see which of the thugs would attack first.

A swing from one of them trying to attack from behind, Nightwing dodged the attack by ducking low, grabbing the guys hand he then stood up and gave him a good hip toss to the ground, with a quick hard slap to the temple to disorientate him. then the second and third attacks tried to get him on both sides in a pincer attack. doing a quick flip back he manages from getting kicked and punched. The two maintain there charge at him, Nightwing ducks low and pounces on one of them, before hitting the ground he lays a hit right on the solar plexis and winds the guy enough to make a bad landing and knocking himself out. Nightwing quickly rolls off onto his feet. CLICK.

"Gun trumps hero" said the other thug while pointing an illegal magnum revolver right at his head. 

Before the trigger was pulled the thug got hit on the back of the head with a brick dropping him like a stone, the woman who was being attacked stood over him with a sheer look of anger in her eyes and she kicked him while down. She looked up at Nightwing and smiled. "Looks like the hero needs saving...Look" before she could finish her words He could feel a quick sharp pain at his left floating ribs as he was knocked a good 10 feet away from where he last stood. 

Focus Grayson, get your bearings know where the target is at and get a handle on it. He thought to himself as the dizziness was clearing up, and there stood the big guy standing straight as if he was not hurt from before. taking what looked to be like an insulin needle and injected what was in it to his bloodstream into his neck. he started to yell out in a rage and began to charge at Nightwing again. With a well timed leap he jumped over the big guy and dodged what most people would call a runaway train. The man was already large and seemed like he got larger in the past few seconds. This is not good, He thought. Best chance I have for myself is...Bricks! looking over to where the woman stood with the brick and broke it into two equal pieces.

"Bad things happen around here bird boy, why not go fly fly away now." He said getting ready to throw a few swings.

Aim for the ribs grayson, he thought to himself and acted on it by using the weight of the bricks to attack his ribs but barely even phased the guy. still standing over him for that brief second before another powerful hit launched him into the garbage cans. crawling out of there with the bricks still in his hands he saw the now huge guy charging at him again. Okay Grayson new plan, Let the wookie win. Then the idea came to him. Go for the one weakpoint everyone has. he thought to himself.

He began charging himself at the thug and before they were 5 feet from each other he made a leap over the huge guys head and smacked the two bricks on his ears. The large thug screamed in pain and Nightwing finished him off with a blow to the temple using the brick. stopping for a moment to take his breath. "Well that went well." he said outloud the woman came over to hug him and kick the large guy who was still knocked out.

"Thanks so much, for the assist Nightwing" She said with an almost evil grin on her face.

"Assist?... But I jus" 
      "Now do we finish them off?"
     "Finish them off wha?.."
     "No? How about we break all their legs and arms."
     "Hey lady, I think you got the wrong idea.."
     "Okay fine lets just cut off their balls."
     "WOAH! WOAH! WOAH!" He said while putting one hand on his groin area. "Miss, please you had a busy night why not go home and call the police here. 

The woman left with a dissapointed look on her face and picked up her purse and left. As she was leaving nightwing turned around  and said. "And I would suggest sometime talking to someone about your anger issues." Shaking his head as he started to tie up the thugs together, the sounds of police sirens were closing in on this area. he had to leave and fast. But not before he noticed the insulin pen on the ground. What ever product it was they took off the brand name. but at least the serial code was still mostly intact. 

Looking down at the big guy. "Now why how could insulin give you more muscles and power...unless its not insulin." He said outloud but then had to get out of there as the police were coming. He used his line gun and shot up to the roof tops again. sticking the insulin pen in his belt and headed off for the night to continue the patrol. back down in the alleyway as the cops came up to arrest the thugs a small droplet of green ooze comes out of the big thugs neck.

White Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By White Assassin

AWESOME STORY!! NIGHTWING IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IN DC!!!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

@Trodorne: Great chapter!

SecretKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SecretKnight
@Trodorne
This was awesome. And I put it up on the library.
StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#5  Edited By StarKiller809

I'm liking it. I'm thinking it's venom but I'm not sure. Great chapter

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Man that girl was angry lol. this is really good, I enjoyed it.

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By moviegeek17

a very awesome first issue man! You choreographed an awesome fight for nightwing as well btw. well done!

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By KisserNe

Very nice! I am heading over to the next post! I love the voice you gave for the characters and the action of the fight! I am very excited for the next parts to come!