DC Converso: Teth-Adam #1

kamrenamir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

A bus stop in northern NY- 10:00pm

Adam hovered in silence with his arms crossed, most would believe that that is their natural position due to how often the godly man kept them there. Besides the one street light that frequently flickered next to the damp bench of the bus stop, the only light to be seen was the dim glow of lightning that surged from Adam's suit occasionally. In the distance, at the end of the one way street leading up to the lonely stop, the headlights of a white bus came into view.

As the bus began to pull up, the low roar of thunder could be heard nearby. Adam could feel the presence of godly energy nearby and it infuriated him to no end. The bus came to a stop and it's door opened slowly. Adam's target hopped off of the bus and stood just as still as Adam hovered in the air. The rumbling of thunder was now more aggressive, and drops of rain began to fall at a steady pace.

The door of the bus closed, and the vehicle disappeared into the darkness. Still facing the bench, his back to Adam, the target spoke.

"So the devil lady was right? The Mighty Adam has come out of hiding to arrest me?" His frail voice carried well up to Adam's ears.

"How dare he mock me." The voice in Adam's head spat with anger.

"You are coming with me, attempt to resist and you will be punished." As he said this, Adam was lowering himself to the ground. When his feet reached the pavement he was about fifteen feet from his target, Adam's scarred angry face illuminated slightly under the flickering light.

The silhouette of Adam's target turned toward him to reveal the face of a youth. "I'm not going anywhere with you. Ya know, Blaze told me about what happened to your family all those years ago in...Egypt right? I'm only sorry I couldn't have been the one to add them to my body count." After he said the boy shined and smile, and began to laugh.

No Caption Provided

The rain had now began to pour and large clouds began to form in the sky. The roar of thunder was so close that the ground shook with every rumble. The boy's laughter stopped when he noticed the change of scenery and the boiling rage within Adam.

"Well then, I guess we can get started...SHAZ-"

Adam's rage overcame him and he erupted from his position in a bolt, before the boy could utter the word Adam drew close and thrust his elbow into the boys face. The boy's body collapsed to the moist pavement and Adam stood over it with clenched fists, breathing heavily.

As he calmed himself, the rain gradually faded, the clouds parted and with a final rumble of thunder, the flickering street light blew out.

Somewhere in the world, Sometime later

Adam walked through the dusty still air of the sacred Shazam tomb with the young boy's unconscious body resting on his left shoulder. The memories flooded over him as his senses were attacked with smells and sights that he'd thought were long forgotten.

"It seems only just yesterday that you were "Teth-Adam, champion of the Pharaoh "" The words echoed down the hall from the throne of the all powerful Shazam.

Adam looked to the man's throne to see an old worn body with pulsing light blue eyes, surging with the energy of the gods.

"Now the people need a champion, and when I decide it is time to return, this is how I am greeted." Adam arrived only feet from the throne and dropped the boy's body in front of him.

"With news that the great Shazam has chosen a new champion." Adam scoffed and turned away from the old man, much like a child who has spoken out against their parent for the first time.

"The death of your family has changed you Adam. I can feel the rage that boils inside of you, but instead of honing that rage you try to suppress it, and I feel that that will be your downfall." The man's words bounced around the hall and repeated in Adam's mind.

"You replaced me...because I will no longer take a life?" The realization spat out of Adam's mouth in disgust.

"I need a killer to carry out my duties here on Earth, Adam" As the old man said this he pointed a finger at the young boy on the ground who was now regaining consciousness.

"And Billy Batson is that killer."

Tune into "DC Converso: Teth-Adam #2" to find out what happens next!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Will read shortly. Remember to post links to your issues on the Group PM. :)

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@kamrenamir: Added to library: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/dc-converso-library-1698772/

Also, please post the picture you would like to be used for you cover

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman

Pretty good first issue with an interesting perception of Adam as a hero. Unlike others in this group (no insult intended) you seem to have gone full on with the conversion idea, making the Wizard evil as well is genius.

Also I hope you go crazy with the weird magic of the Shazam Universe.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13