Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

On the planet Oa...

"You %¤&#/ hypocrite!"

"Do us both a favor, Jordan." Sinestro sighed, as he held his former protege inside a green bubble made from his power-ring. "Be quiet."

Sinestro had brought his prisoner to the Planetary Citadel, the stronghold and meeting room of the Guardians, the leaders of the Green Lantern Corps. He now stood in front of his superiors.

"Sinestro of Sector 1417, what is the meaning of this?" One of the Guardians said, looking down at the two Green Lanterns. One of them was Thaal Sinestro, the greatest member the Green Lantern Corps ever had. The other was Hal Jordan, a new but promising member, as well as the first Earthling to ever join the corps. But now, Hal was caught inside one of Sinestro's constructs, angrily trying to get out by force.

"Guardians..." Sinestro lowered his head in shame. "I'm here to imprison this traitor... as well as turning myself in."

Earlier...

No Caption Provided

Sinestro was on his way to Earth. It was time for the training session with the Earth man Hal Jordan. The human was in jail because of drunk driving. Needless to say that Sinestro had his doubts about this rookie. But he had shown to have great potential as a Green Lantern. For some time now, Sinestro had to go to the planet, create a replica of Jordan so that he could leave his cell in order to go with Sinestro on missions.

It had been a while since Sinestro had come to Earth, due to an extraordinaire mission that had kept him occupied for a week. Hopefully, Jordan hadn't done anything stupid.

Sinestro's thoughts got interrupted as a human fell from the skies, seemingly from nowhere. Sinestro created a soft square construct, saving the man.

"OH GOD, PLEASE! LET ME GO!!!"

Sinestro looked confused at the Earth man he had just saved. He looked more horrified than relieved over being saved.

"I promise, it wasn't on purpose, I just messed up! It was a mistake, I-" then, the man stopped rambling. "... Wait, you not Jorda-"

"Sinestro!" Hal Jordan came flying in his GL uniform. "Took your sweet time getting here! Been a week, man!"

"AAARG!" the man almost fell off the construct. Sinestro turned it into a bubble. "Not again, NOT AGAIN!!!"

"I see you caught the dirt-bag I was giving a lesson." Hall grinned. "I was teaching Wally how to fly. So, Wally... Need another flying lesson?"

"No, please! I will be good!"

"Attaboy!" Patted the green ball. "Hey Sinestro, wanna help me get this guy back to Coast City?"

"I see that you stopped being nice to the criminals. Splendid." Sinestro pointed out, as they were on their way to Jordan's home town. "What crime did he commit?"

"Wally here thought he could get away with not paying for his meal."

"It was a mistake!" The man cried desperately. "I forgot my wallet!"

"Yeah, that's what the ALL say."

"... You threw him around in the air for... that?" Sinestro asked, rather surprised.

"Yeah. What is it you always say... Leave no crime unpunished, right?"

"Well, yes, but... Hold on." Sinestro just realized something. "Jordan, aren't you suppose to be in jail?"

"Yeah, I decided to give myself a get-out-of-jail-free card. I've been busy while you were gone."

"...Busy?"

"Sinestro, you gonna love what I've done to the place."

They arrived at Coast City, and Sinestro could see that Jordan had indeed been busy.

In fact, he couldn't recognize the town at all.

A huge green wall was being build around the city's area. Around the streets hang banners with the corps symbol. But most importantly all all: there was ridiculously few people on the streets.

"So?" Hal asked, like a boy who showed his dad the volcano he had made for his science project. "Impressive, right? Sure, it's no Korugar, but it's a start."

"I... I don't understand..."

"What's not to understand? I'm just following your example. Ooo, now they laying the Hal Jordan anthem." All of a sudden, people stormed out of their houses with instruments, and started to play.

"But... Korugar... that's different! I had to take over. T-the ... there HAD to be made order. Yes, this town was hopelessly primitive, but there was order. You didn't have to-"

"Yeah, I did!" As the landed on the ground, a couple of men in green uniforms stood ready to drag Wally away. Not that it troubled him much. He honestly looked relieved. "You see, s%th just got real here on Earth. Central City is chaos, and there is this goddamn green alien(no offence) who flies around and kill people. So if I have to keep my city safe, then that is what I will do."

"But..." Sinestro looked around. "they are all afraid of you! I rule my people fair and just."

"Oh really?" Jordan gave Sinestro a smile he had never seen before. Not only was it a smile he had never seen on his protege's face before, it was also not a very friendly one. "I've seen your people, Sinestro. If you think they love you, then you are naive."

"Your highness!" Two of the men in green uniforms came dragging with a man with brown hair and glasses. He looked like he had been in a fight. And lost big time. "We have found the leader of the rebels!"

"Sorry, Sinestro, it will only take a minute..." Jordan came closer to the rebel leader, studying him. "Well, Jim... what a mess you have gotten yourself into, eh?"

"How can you do this?" he asked, more desperate than angry. "To us? To ME!?"

"Jim, I have a kingdom to keep under control. A small one, but still. And you start messing around, ruining the perfect society I have made. Not cool, man. And now..." Jordan created an axe with his ring. "Now, I'm afraid that I have to make an example out of you."

"BUT I'M YOUR BROTHER, HAL!!!"

"And that's why it's going to hurt me more than it hurts you, Jim." Jordan raised the axe. "Well, figuratively speaking, of course."

Watching this brought back a memory Thaal Sinestro had forced himself to forget, in order to see himself in the mirror with a clear conscience...

"But I'm your sister, Thaal!" A young woman cried, as the was bound to the floor by the ruler of her planet.

"And that's why it's going to hurt me more than it hurts you." Sinestro looked sadden, but calm, as the executioner did his job.

SLAM

The people of Coast City looked terrified, as their ruler had been attacked by the alien visitor.

"Jordan." Sinestro pointed his ring at the young tyrant. "This stops now!"

"..." Jordan got back on his feet and created a gigantic boxing glove. "You just made a big mistake!"

"No, I stopped you from making one." Sinestro created a shield, protecting him from the construct. "One I made long ago!"

"Oh, so when it's someone else but the great Thaal Sinestro who takes matters in his own hands, then it's wrong?!" Jordan charged himself at his mentor.

"I-" Sinestro flew upward, since a fight in the skies would be to his advantage. "I was wrong. I made you in my image, but... seeing you, I realized that I made a huge mistake. You are right. I've been lying to myself, so I did not face the simple fact that I am a tyrant."

"Or maybe you just don't have the stomach for what it requires to do what's right!" Hal fired blasts of green energy after him, which Sinestro gracefully avoided. "You may have lied to yourself that the Korugarians loved you, but I don't have a problem with my people hating me OR fearing me! As long as they are safe!"

The fight went on and on. Green bursts of lights could be seen on the sky. It could have ended sooner, if it wasn't because Sinestro wished to take him to the Guardians alive.

"I'm so sorry, Jordan." Sinestro held the former Lantern's ring in his right hand, and had captured Jordan in a green bubble.

"What are you gonna do?!" Jordan looked hateful at his teacher and former friend. "Hand me over to the Guardians? If you do that, I will tell them all about Korugar!"

"You won't have to..." Sinestro sighed, as they left orbit. "I'm going to do that myself... Abin..." He looked at the ring that had once belonged to his mentor. "I'm so sorry. I can't believe I have allowed myself to become so corrupted by power."

Next time; Hal Jordan's might!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Nice job! Looking forward to the next issue.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman

Damn. That was really good. A few typos in a few spots but still good. Better then your issue of Zoom.

I love how you're writing Sinestro as a hero but he still has the same personality as his comic book version. Dictator Hal seems pretty cool as well.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@waezi2: One of the Guardians said, looking down at the two Green Lanterns. One of them was Thaal Sinestro, the greatest member the Green Lantern Corps ever had...Repetition of one of them was. Surely you could use something different? A Guardian said, Ganthet said etc

"Guardians..." Sinestro lowered his head in shame. "I'm here to imprison this traitor... as well as turning myself in." Beautiful!

Needless to say that Sinestro had his doubt about this rookie. Plural doubts, singular form doesn't work

create a replica of Jordan so that he could leave his cell in order to go with Sinestro on mission...this must be the world's dumbest prison to think a glowing green construct passes for human! Also very A-Team where they have to break out Murdock every episode to fly the plane

"I see you caught to dirt-bag I was giving a lesson." Caught THE dirt-bag

There is this nutjob in Central who runs around and cause chaos, and in Metropolis is the goddamn alien(no offence) who thinks he is better than everyone else. Hey @redhood13 seems the tone has been set for your Superman

Jordan created an ax with his ring. Maybe it's a country/language thing but I write axe with an e...is it ax with no e where you come from?

"Well, figuratively speaking, of coarse." Course as in par for or as in of course, coarse is abrasive like sandpaper.

maters in his own hands...two T's in matters

so I did not face tha simple fact that I am a tyrant." Unless he suddenly went ghetto it's that simple :)

I liked it, despite the errors. Sinestro as a hero is really good and Hal is going to be an excellent villain, like he was when he went Parallax (and then stupidly written away as a virus alien that "wasn't" him...seriously good guys going bad legitimately is an excellent thing and they cheapened it!)

Bring on part 2

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: No worries, I'm Australian :)

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedHood13

Could you possibly take out the Superman reference. I didn't say anything the first time I read, because I didn't know if I wanted to go with that Superman or not, but now I know that's not the direction I'm taking Superman in this universe.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood13: Fixed, so he now talks about MM.

Did you like the chapter?

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood13 said:

Nice job! Looking forward to the next issue.

Yeah I did!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@redhood13: I know nothing about Sinestro or Green Lantern so I'll just nod as I read this

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump