Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedHood13

AREA 38 – UNDISCLOSED LOCATION - 2012

PEEOOOMMM!!!!

I’m forced back several feet as an an array of holographic images, videos, and texts pop out from inside of the ship. I stand back to my feet in awe of the technology, things the human race are so far off from reaching. The holograms float above my head and manipulate around my movements, never once letting me touch them. Various files circle around a giant three dimensional image of a planet in the center. A large planet. It is very similar to earth in appearance. I see something ascending from the planet and recognize it to be a spacecraft, incredibly similar to the one these holograms appeared from. Soon after the world begins to crack and then explode in my face, sending a sensational, yet uncomfortable, tingle down my spine.

No Caption Provided

No one on this planet has ever seen anything like this except for me. Not even those – who think they are - monitoring me at the moment, who are really watching stock footage of me working on the ship. This footage will last them a week before I have to replace the current footage with new, and when it does run out it’ll only take me 10-15 minutes to do so. I’m not sure I can trust the government with this kind of information, the kind that changes everything we thought about our place in the universe. How so? Well what I’m presented with is a vast history of a planet. I can not understand the extremely foreign writing, but can concur a few things from the pictures that lie in front of me.

From the exploding holographic planet, I can infer that this planet blew up some time ago, and that the ship that stands before me was sent off the planet in it’s last moments. The various images show me that these people lived in a very earth like environment and even looked like humans. And finally, from the long flowing capes, tight suits, metallic belts, and insignia’s mounted on the chest of every one of these people, I can come to the conclusion that Superman is not a superhuman blessed by some powerful force with his abilities, but an alien who came to earth in this spaceship 33 years ago, who has already lied about who he is after only showing his face for a month.

THE WHITE HOUSE – THE DISTRICT OF COLOMBIA – NOW

“I’m sorry Mr. Luthor, but no I cannot sign this contract with you.” The president says as she walks from the couch opposite me to her desk. The most powerful desk in the world, that the public knows of.

“President Waller we are letting people be slaughtered by beings that call themselves gods! An entire continent of people goes defenseless every day against super powerful beings. With these weapons we can take them out easily. I’ve studied every single one and I know how to be-”

“Yes Mr. Luthor,” she cuts me off, “I’m sure your weapons are A grade-”

“ABOVE A grade.” I cut her off.

No Caption Provided

“…of course. What I’m saying is that the United States of America has a history of getting involved with conflicts that need not be meddled with, at least by us. We are not going in to battle with gods!”

“I’m not suggesting that we send our American troops over to Africa, at this stage. I’m suggesting we give them these weapons, help them learn how to use them, and let them fight for their land! We cannot sit by and watch our fellow humans die Amanda!” I slam my fist on the table that sits in front of me.

“I’m not going through with this!” she shouts

No Caption Provided

“But no one else will! We have to be the ones to help. Set an example.”

“And what if we fail…?” Waller asks.

“Then we fail. But at least we can say we tried.” I respond.

“No matter if we fail or succeed, we will surely be their next targets if we send aid to those they intend to take over. Especially if your weapons are as good as you say they are.”

“And with these weapons it won’t matter! We can take them head on!”

“It’s been a long time since our enemies have led an onslaught against us on our soil, I do not want there to be a resurgence under my watch.”

“Trust me Waller, we have enemies on our soil as we speak that have already completed step A, B, and C of their plan to destroy us all, that you and your administration have not even noticed yet!”

“And who would these enemies be Lex?” she asks as I stand up and shut off my holographic projector which lies on the table in front of me.

I slide the projector in to my pocket and proceed to leave the oval office.

“Not who Madame President,” I turn back to her as I open the door, “but what…”

-----------------------------------------------------

Checkout the DC Converso Library HERE!!!

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good first issue giving us the basics of Luthor and letting us see the differences between his normal version and his more heroic counterpart. Also nice seeing that you aren't holding back with Lex's intellect.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman:Thankyou! Glad to know you recognized everything I tried to do with this issue, must mean I'm doing something right.

@waezi2: What'd you think of the issue?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@redhood13: Just read it now. I liked it.

Would like to see what kind of weapon it is.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@redhood13: That was really good. Waller as President is a nice role reversal between her and Lex. And you've tied in Cheetah beautifully giving Converso some depth and acknowledged continuity. Let's have another

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thanks a lot!!! That means very much.

@waezi2: I honestly don't know either haha. I'm not sure how deeply this will be revisited, but this wasn't a one in done thing.

jayksaginowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bump, this is badass. Looking forward to more!

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@redhood13: This is a good beginning. Was Superman already established or are you using the Superman persona to build off from there to make it easier to establish history with Lex and Supes?