DC 1602: The Dark Knight

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Authors note: This is more fantasy then actually historical. So, ya know....Its just a fun story.

No Caption Provided

Sir James Gordon, commander of the city guard, paced about the bell tower of the church impatiently. The Knight operated on his own schedule, but usually came when summoned. And he was most assuredly needed in this time.

"I got your message James. Communication by hawk has proven quite useful." The Knight said as he materialized from the shadows. If it were not for them being on holy ground, James would have thought the Knight were a demon. Indeed, it seemed as though the Knight strove for such an image, with his black armor and horned helmet. His cape flaps in the wind, creating the illusion of wings.

No Caption Provided

"Took your right time getting here. Got a proper nasty situation happening in Gotham." James grunted. Trained hawks had indeed facilitated speedy meetings between himself and the Knight, but it was still damnably slow. Especially in times of emergency. And he had been tempted more then once to follow the bird one day to wherever it called home. But some instinct told him he was right proper off not knowing who the man under the helmet was.

"Apologies Commander. Mireface recently reared his unpleasant face and was ambushing riders in the Forrest. Took more then stern admonishment from myself and my squire, Robin, to stop him." The Knight replied gruffly. Gordon suddenly noticed the the smelly brown "mud" streaking the Knights costume. Gordon had heard rumors of the Knight taking on an apprentice, but this was the first confirmation of it.

Mireface was a seemingly unstoppable, recurring menace to any unwary riders. Since his appearance in the kingdom, every muddy road had become suspect, and travelers were incouraged to carry extra water to fend of the creature. Thunder audibly cracked the sky above, and the ensuing peal of thunder booms like the end of days.

"Great. We could always use another devil." Gordon muttered angrily. Gotham seemed to attract monsters and criminals for some reason.

"Not a devil Commander. At least, not always. Mireface was a man once." The Knight replied, the slight touch of sympathy in his voice is lost in the noise of the storm. "But i'm sure you didn't call me here to swap nightmares."

"In a manner of speaking, yes. The Jester is back in Gotham. Him and...."

"Harlequin." The Knight interrupts. "I've heard. Their both as mad as hatters."

"Indeed. The Jester has poisoned the city wells. The doctors are baffled at the symptoms. Perhaps you could--" He looks around, and realized he was talking to himself. "Fellow moves pretty quiet to be wearing all that armor." Gordon commented as he started down the stairs.

No Caption Provided

Harlequin busied herself about the hideout, clearing out the Jesters failed experiments, and dusting his collections of poisons as she hummed a song to herself. She had been a healer once upon a time, that's how she had first met the Jester. She had been assigned to leech him, to bleed the madness out.

But what the others couldn't see was that he wasn't mad or possessed. He was creative, and brilliant, and funny. And sweet! Like the time he gave her a pair of wild hyenas he had 'bought' from some merchant. Actually, he had probably just killed the merchant and taken the hyenas. Puddin just wasn't no good at negotiating a price, She giggled at the thought.

Not that her beloved clown had laughed much lately. The damned Knight had stolen the mirth from him. Always interrupting the Jesters wonderful pranks. And Lord J played the best pranks. Like the time she woke up with a lepers arm in her bed. How funny! She had laughed all morning about that one. Then there was the time he dropped her in the crocodile moat. With her hands tied behind her back. That had been a fun night, she sighed to herself.

It was good to be back in Gotham. They had taken a brief vacation to the city of the star, but they had their own maniac there. Called himself The Green Archer. He had about as much humor as the Knight. Maybe less. They hadn't stayed there very long, Lord J said the Archer wasn't worthy of his time. She suspected (though would never say) that Lord J couldn't move on just yet. Not till he put a smile on the Knights face. If she was a good girl, Lord J might even let her help with that.

"Hmhmhm...You wear those boots and i will...wear that dress....Mmmm...Kiss me...Beneath the dusty twilight...Lead me...Out on the moonlit floor....Lift your open hand, Call forth the band...and make the glowing bugs dance...Mmhmhm....Silver moon sparkling...Mhm..."

More 1602 action here--> DC 1602: The Green Lady

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By dngn4774

Alternative, romantic, and whimsical! Thanks for posting this. It's nice the read something cheerful every once in a while, especially with Batman characters.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@wildvine said:

No Caption Provided

Trained hawks had indeed facilitated speedy meetings between himself and the Knight, but it was still damnably slow. Especially in times of emergency. And he had been tempted more then once to follow the bird one day to wherever it called home. But some instinct told him he was right proper off not knowing who the man under the helmet was.

That's quite clever!

I also love Mireface (Clayface) This is similar to that Batman Elseworld's story where he was a knight in King Arthur's court...actually it's only coz Batman has a sword that I draw that comparison. I do love the Cinderella/Harley :)

More please! :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Thank you!! There's no bat-signal, so Gordon needed some way to call him. Glad you liked the Mireface bit, might bring him back. Next issue the Jester gets a better intro. More too come. And i do plan to branch out beyond the Bat-verse.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lykopis

Yay! Wroted! :)

Really enjoyed this - it's always great to live in your imagination for a while.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@wildvine: Quite a lot of Batman's rogues & he himself work well in other settings, especially fantasy type eg:

Man-Bat could be a were-bat!

Deadshot would have wrist-mounted crossbow launchers or possibly primitive firearms!

Ra's al Ghul and Scarecrow barely need changing.

Good stuff

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Good points. But i'm really looking forward to Superman. Wait till you read that...

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@lykopis said:

Really enjoyed this - it's always great to live in your imagination for a while.

Well, be careful in there. Some of that stuff ain't tamed.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Awesomeness, this was fun to read, as always ^_^

More!! MORE!!!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lykopis

@wildvine:

0_o

**dives in deeper**

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@BumpyBoo said:

Awesomeness, this was fun to read, as always ^_^

More!! MORE!!!

Thank you. You humble me. I am humbled. *Bow*.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#11  Edited By cbishop

Very cool. Liked the comment about moving quiet in the armor. :)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Joygirl

I think I have enjoyed this more than any of your other stuff. Very creative, a lot of the little embellishments really tickled me (Mireface, etc.). Harley having to leech the madness out of Jester gave me a bit of a creative thrill, actually. You can really come up with some beautiful ideas when you apply yourself, @wildvine: <3

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Delphic

I have to agree with what everyone else had said. Very creative, and interesting. I normally like to try and nitpick something to critique, but here I can't find anything, so wondrous job! ^_^ I look forward to seeing more.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Okay, how is this for Wildvine originality?

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Referee  Online

Now this is a Home Run, I loved this one thoroughly and can't wait for more,

It took me a few seconds to process "Gordon suddenly noticed the the smelly brown "mud" streaking the Knights costume". My first thought was it's Poo, but when you mentioned Mireface I put it together. Oh and please give us a Medieval description of a Bat Cave in your next Chapter.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By jwalser3

@wildvine:I'm half way threw, and I got to say, KICK ASS. Nice job! The whole setting is amazing.

Where did you get the Batman Knight picture? Devianart?

Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By CaptainLantern76

Very intriguing story - can't wait to read more.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@CaptainLantern76 said:

Very intriguing story - can't wait to read more.

Next week, i hope.

andrewtheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

#19  Edited By andrewtheking

@wildvine:

very very very nice

iHailCarlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iHailCarlo

This looks great!!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@iHailCarlo said:

This looks great!!

Thank you. Hope to write more soon.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By Project_Worm

@wildvine: This is AWESOME! Very well written.

andrewtheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By andrewtheking

any more of this on the way ?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@andrewtheking said:

any more of this on the way ?

When time allows, yes. Much more.

andrewtheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By andrewtheking

@wildvine:

YAY , this has been your best work so far , you could build a universe off this , if you ever make this in a group just call me

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@andrewtheking said:

YAY , this has been your best work so far , you could build a universe off this , if you ever make this in a group just call me

It may develop into a universe, but not a group. Don't want that headache.

andrewtheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By andrewtheking

@wildvine:

i understand that , i can tell you here and now that mystery men will never be a group

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Love it!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Bumpz.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#30  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@wildvine: cool story

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@wildvine

Thanks for linking me to this earlier, It was a blast to read ^_^ Jester ftw!!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

BUMPZ!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers