Cryo-Wolf Chronicles

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

That's right, folks. It's baaaa-aaack! Back by popular demand, Cryo's story'll be posted in this thread, and please, feel free to post comments and what not. I personally hate it when no one posts in a fan-fic thread after the first part LMAO.

The Birth of a Hero

“I am going to be so late!” Scott Wolfman yelled as he rummaged through his room for his tie. He threw some clothes to the side and found the tie folded up underneath one of his school books. “And to think, I almost forgot that book.” He smirked and grabbed both items. He turned at sat down on his bed, tightening his tie and cramming his book into his bag. Scattered about the room were miscellaneous video games, CDs, and most of all, comic-books. He even made a certain corner of his room the “Comic Corner,” Partly because the entire area was a massive pile of comics. Scott looked down to see Simba, his dog, staring up at him with his usual big eyes. “What? Don’t look at me like that.” Simba merely tilted his head and twitched his ears. “Ladies and Gentlemen, we have found the third Stupid Dog.” Scott said sarcastically as he left his room, fully prepared for the day ahead--he hoped.

Scott Wolfman got off the bus to his new School. A massive amount of emotions tried to confine themselves within his stomach: Fear, Panic, Worry…way too many to even think about. Scott was a teenager, around 14, and was now a freshman at Trinity Catholic in Boston. He had brown, slightly spiked hair and brown eyes, blue glasses, and he wore a Red Sox hat and a blue messenger bag.

Scott shivered as he got off the bus. It was still summer out, yet he was freezing all over. The cold seemed to be coming from his core, because it felt the same as the reverse, when the temperature was freezing and you heat up from your core. He couldn’t explain it. He had to wear long dress pants as part of his uniform, and even had a school sweater on, he was that cold. He walked toward the school when he noticed his breath: He could see it. "How the heck is it this cold in the beginning of September?" He asked himself. Scott saw one of his friends and walked over to her. "Molly!" He went to give her a hug.

"Hey!" Molly yelled back. She hugged him and then pushed him away. "You are freezing! Did you sleep in your freezer or something!?" She joked. She shivered and rubbed her arms, getting rid of the cold she had gotten from Scott.

"I don't know. I've been really cold lately. I don't know what it's all about," Scott shrugged and looked at the school,"But I'm totally nervous about High School."

Molly nodded in agreement and the two of them walked into the school. The rest of the day went by normally: the welcomes to the school, trying to jerk open stuck lockers, Football players calling you a nerd. All typical things. It was when Scott entered the bathroom after lunch that he got a real surprise. He went to wash his hands, but when he turned on the water and stuck his hands under it, the water froze. "Holy Crap!" Scott yelled, jumping back. He looked around and saw a boy looking at him like he had three heads. "Hey, How ya doin'?" Scott said, trying to act normal. The boy made a fake smile and left in a hurry. Scott looked back at the water, frozen in the sink and all the way up to the faucet. Scott looked at his hands and saw cold emanating from them. "What the-?" Scott put his hand back to the water, and tried to break it off. It was on their pretty tight, and he strained all of his energy into breaking it off. Suddenly, the water just turned back to normal, like all of that energy had thawed it out. Scott looked back at his hands, and tried to focus again, this time on his hands. Scott closed his eyes and waited for a moment. He opened his eyes and his hands were covered in ice. He placed his hand on the mirror, and the mirror immediately froze. Scott laughed, the only thing he could do to hide his shock, overwhelmed by what had just happened. He couldn’t understand what was happening, and was partly why he was laughing. He made his hands into fists and cold air began to form. "Cool....." Scott shut off the water faucet and poked his head out of the door, hoping no one had heard his commotion. Scott walked out of the bathroom, still not knowing what had happened.

The rest of the day was even better. He had newfound confidence, and wasn't cold anymore. He was trying to reject the cold, but once he learned of his “icy” disposition, he embraced the cold and felt warmer then ever. Even a little hot. The final period was spent in the tropics. It was so hot, Scott took of his sweater and loosened his tie. But, now, he could use his power easier. It was easier to him now, even though he had just learned of it almost an hour before. He formed some ice and placed it over his neck to cool himself, when he realized he may be able to do a lot more with this then he thought. He had remembered that a comic-book hero once used ice to control the temperature of the air. So, he closed his eyes and squinted, straining energy out of him. The air began to cool in the classroom. The windows were lining with frost, and the faint signs of visible breath were being seen. No one else answered the entire period, because they were too busy keeping themselves warm. The final bell rang. Success! The first day was over. Well, almost.

Scott made his way to Soccer Practice after school. He had tried out in the summer, and made the team, thankfully. He played Goalie for The Falcons, the soccer team for Trinity. Even if he was the JV goalie, it was still a position. They threw him his silver and blue jersey with the falcon symbol on it. He turned it over and it said Wolfman, 07. His favorite number. The practice went on until about four, then the coach left and most of the kids began to head home.

The captain of the team came over to Scott and said,"Wolfman! Nice to meet you. I'm Charles. Captain of the Team." Charles shook Scott's hand.

Scott put on a smile and said,”Nice to meet ya, Charlie.”

Charles looked back at him solemnly. “No. Just Charles.”

Scott laughed nervously and said,”Of Course, Charles. You got it!” He looked away and rubbed the back of his head, not knowing what to do now.

“Listen,” Charles began,”All the freshmen have to do a dare…”

S.H.A.R.P.

"Ok, Wolfman. Here's what you gotta do." Scott, Charles, and a few of the other kids from the soccer team were crouched outside the grounds of a Dark Enterprises testing facility. It was freshly built, and they knew there were some top secret, high level things in there. Tom Dark was one of the wealthiest men in the country, and held many, if not all, of the defense contracts for the government. Strange thing was, though, he had only stepped into the spotlight a few months ago. Nobody knew of Tom Dark or Dark Enterprises a few months ago, but he grew into a household name overnight. It was really odd. Scott had changed into normal clothes, keeping his jersey on but changing into some shorts.

"All you have to do, is try and sneak in there without setting off the alarms, think you can handle that?" Charles told Scott. The glint in his eyes and the slight smile creeping from ear to ear told Scott that Charles knew he couldn’t. Sneak onto a highly guarded testing facility owned by one of the greatest weapons makers in the world? Too much for a Freshman, let alone a Teenager.

Scott gulped,"I think I can." He made a fake smile and walked out of the bushes. He knew he couldn’t do it. Scott stopped at the fence and stared up at it. Now, it seemed so high. It towered over him. Scott jumped onto the fence and began to climb over it. He slipped a few times and could just see in his head the boys laughing at him. He climbed over the barbed wire and fell to the ground. "Oww..." He grimaced and slowly got up from his flat position on the ground.

Scott stood up but immediately went into a crouching position, thinking it would help him to sneak on. He moved cautiously toward what looked like the door. No one seemed to be around. Scott looked back at the boys in the bushes. They were still there. No use in trying to sneak away. They'd just see him and know he was a coward. He'd be ridiculed for his remainder of time at Trinity. He gulped again and examined the door. There was a digital lock, and it seemed the only way to open the door. He placed his hand on the digital lock and froze it, putting his back to the boys so they couldn't see his power. He had learned to control it very quickly. Now, it was almost second nature. The lock malfunctioned and it opened the door, allowing Scott to slip in. Looking around the inside, everything had huge names that he couldn't pronounce. Everything had an eerie feel to it, because the lab was shut down. The lights were off, and those that were on just had to illuminate the creepiest things. "Chloro-what? Enzy-who? Whatever."

Scott began to head for the door, his dare being completed, and a bit tired from practice earlier that day. That's when he noticed it: S.H.A.R.P. Scott looked closer at it, curiosity soon to become his undoing. It said: S.H.A.R.P. and then below it, it said: Super Human Animal Remolecularization Pod. "Well, That's a mouth full." Scott said, looking inside it. His eyes wandered around the machine. The inside were even more complex than the outside. It was a huge machine. Winding circuits circumnavigated the inside, and many more mechanical objects he couldn't identify. Scott shrugged. It looked like one of those fake props used in the movies. Maybe he could test it out to see if it was the real deal? As he entered, the machine’s sensors detected the presence of a human.

A button lit up outside S.H.A.R.P. and a robotic voice said,"SHARP procedure initiated."

Scott turned around in panic and tried to run for the hatch, but it was already sealed tight. "What!? No! No procedure! Abort!? End!? UNCLE!!!!"

Energy and electricity began to surround Scott. It crackled and fizzled inside the chamber. Scott had tried to dodge it, but there wasn’t much room to move. He soon felt like he was being ripped apart, Molecule by Molecule. He screamed in pain, along with each cell in his body. He clutched his head as something inside him changed. He could feel it.

Back outside, The boys heard Scott's screaming and one said,"What the F* is going on in there?"

"He's just playing a prank on us. Let's ditch him." Charles said. He looked quickly at the testing facility and turned, heading for the van they had come in. The way he had said what he said was different. His voice was cold and steady as stone. There was no sign of surprise, or uncertainty, or even life, almost. The boys ran off and left Scott in the testing facility. This was when the guards came running. The initiation of SHARP caused alarm’s to go off. Searchlights filled the grounds, blaring alarm sounds rang out into the night, and barking dogs pulled gaurds toward the machine.

Inside the Testing Facility, The SHARP procedure ended and the Hatch opened, releasing white smoke into the facility. Scott stumbled out of the machine. His head was beginning to spin, and his vision began to blur. He could slightly make out the form of guards at the doorway, holding up what looked like guns. He blinked a few times and fell to the floor, slashing his arm on the side of the hatch and blacking out.

Discoveries

Scott shot awake. Cold sweat poured down his forehead. He was in his bed, and light shone brightly through the windows in his room, bright enough to make him squint. "What the heck happened?" Scott asked, rubbing his head. He looked around groggily, trying to figure out everything. Slowly, remnants of last night's trauma flowed into his mind. He had left soccer practice with Charles and the Soccer team, then what? He searched the very recesses of his mind trying to find out the answer. They...had arrived at a Dark Enterprises testing facility, yeah, that was it. But, that was it. He couldn't remember anything else.

Except the slash on his arm. He quickly checked it to see it gone. There was nothing there, not even a scar. "It must've been a dream." It was the only explanation. A wound that big was not something you heal overnight. A dream. That was it. A really weird, really realistic dream. He must've had something weird for dinner last night. Scott looked at his alarm clock. 6:30. Panic set over him. Again. "Holy Crap! I overslept!" Scott flew out of bed and into the shower, where he had to concentrate not to freeze the water. Scott put on his uniform and grabbed his bag, heading out for school.

Scott walked to the bus stop, all the while trying to remember details of his "dream". It seemed so real, more real than most dreams, and it still didn’t seem like normal. As he walked, he glanced down to see the headline of Today's Boston Herald. The headline read: Massacre at Dark Enterprises Facility. The picture was too much for him to bear, and he gagged before turning away from the sight. It showed the guards on the floor, wide-eyed and claw marks embedded in them. What sort of monster could do that? I’m just glad I got out just in time. He thought.

No, I want the Nut!” A voice came from nowhere. Scott looked around but couldn't see anyone with that squeaky a voice.

Too bad! I saw it first! It's mine!” Scott finally figured out where the voices were coming from. Scott looked up and saw two chipmunks fighting each other over an acorn in a tree. The chipmunks both grabbed onto the acorn and started a tug-of-war. One chipmunk let go and let the other chipmunk stumble and fall out of the tree.

HAHA! That's what you get!” The chipmunk in the tree said. Yes. Said.

"Ok...?" Scott said, walking by the tree. "How could I possibly understand two chipmunks?" That was definitely unheard of. Animals couldn’t talk. He must still be dreaming, that’s the only thing someone could say in these type of situation. But what type of situation, exactly? People don't have nice little conversations with chipmunks over some tea and acorns everyday, so why was he?

Scott shook himself into reality just in time to see his bus driving away without him. Great, first I hear voices and now my bus hates me. Scott thought. "Hey,wait up!" Scott began running after it, not paying attention to the world around him and just on the bus. He needed to get on that bus, and if he didn’t, well…he didn’t really want to think about it.

The bus seemed to slow down so Scott could get on. With each step he took, the bus got slower and slower, finally stopping to a standstill. Scott grabbed hold of the bus and jumped onto the first step. He bent down and grabbed his legs, breathing heavily. He let go of his focus and realized that the bus hadn't changed its speed. It was going the same amount of miles per hour as before. He had just caught up to a speeding bus. "Wow......" The bus driver opened the door for Scott with an amazed look on his face.

"Uhh....I take track at School?" Scott quickly moved to the back of the bus and sat down. It’s nothing, just a dream. I can’t freeze things in real life, that must be it. Scott thought. Scott stepped off the bus and endured another day of school. During his free period, though, he went on the computer and looked up S.H.A.R.P.

He found out a news article about it written about a month before. Scott read the article out loud. "This controversial procedure will 'merge DNA of the world's deadliest and most powerful animals with that of our troops overseas to aid in the war against terrorism', so says Dark Enterprises CEO, Tom Dark. The machine will utilize different DNA to 'modify' different classes of troops such as a shark's DNA with a Navy Diver, or an Eagle's DNA with Air Force Pilots. The side effects are gaining attributes similar to that animal's, for instance, The Navy Diver would grow Gills to breath underwater, or the Air Force Pilot will gain wings to fly if he needs to."

Scott sat back in his chair, breathless. "So it was real.......It must be! If I can talk to animals and catch up to a bus going 40, I must have animal DNA in me. But which one?" Scott’s mind was racing. All of his life, he wanted to be a superhero. He always looked up to them, and it was always his dream of being one. Superpowers, in his mind, were a way of freeing yourself from the stresses of everday life. With them, you could do almost anything.

Scott walked home after being dropped off by the bus that day. He began to feel woozy and light-headed, like after he went into S.H.A.R.P. The world was spinning, and his vision blurred. Scott doubled over and felt his body change. His internal organs ached. His hair began to grow out of control, almost into fur. His fingernails lengthened and formed into razor-sharp claws. The claws dug into the conrete, slashing right through it under the pain he was in now. His canine teeth grew in size and sharpness. He even felt his spine grow into a tail. His senses went wild. He breathed in and could smell everything. Even with his eyes closed, he could tell where everything was. It was the same with his hearing. He lifted his head up and howled loudly out of pain and pleasure, out of confusion and insight, out of choice and instinct.

Scott awoke on his bed an hour later, with his Dog, Simba staring at him from the foot of his bed. Scott rubbed his head again and said,"Dang, I kind of remembered that this time." He thought it over in his mind. He remembered the world spinning, like it was caught in a twister, then…then he grew fur? What? Then he grew claws. Like the claw marks on the murdered guards. “Oh God!” Scott said, his hands clasping over his mouth. He was the reason why all of those guards were dead. He had lost control. He had seen tons of comic heroes like that, and now it was happening to him.

You were a werewolf.” He heard Simba say, almost as if in answer to the question that still lingered in Scott’s mind: What was I?. Wait, Simba Say!?

Scott backed up on his bed, and Simba inched closer. His eyes were swirling pools of amber trapped in his head, forever to peer into one's soul and seek out it's inner most secrets. His gaze seemed to reach inside Scott and pull out all the questions he was dying to ask. “Yup. I can talk now that you're a werewolf.

A werewolf. That explained most of the strange things that happened. He could talk to animals because he was one. He could catch up to the bus because he had werewolf speed. But, werewolves couldn’t be real, could they? All the lore he had read on them didn’t seem to be viable. Scott couldn't explain them. So, in this world of the unexplainable, could werewolves be explained?

That makes alot of sense.” Scott realized he had talked back to Simba in his tongue.

Ya think?” Simba sarcastically, “And, since we’re on the same page now, I have something to say. I’m not just some puppy, I’m a wolf cub. Ever wonder why I looked like one?” Scott was surprised. Simba always looked like a wolf or a coyote, but he never really thought he would be one.

Scott laid his head on his pillow and said, “One day I'm a dorky nerd that gets made fun of alot, the next I'm some werewolf with ice powers." Scott thought about it for a little bit. It sounded so…like a comic book. He needed to use these powers for good. It was the only thing he could think of doing. And he needed a name. Scott had once learned about Cryogenics and Cryonics from a field trip to a lab. Cryogenics was the study of ice, so that was a bit obvious. Cryonics was the process of freezing someone to keep them alive longer. It was perfect. He’d use his powers to keep people alive as long as he could, protecting them as best as he could.

"Cryo-Wolf." Scott smiled, he liked it. He looked over at Simba, who was flashing his trademark smile. He petted Simba and got up to change out of his uniform.

------------------------------ More to come, people. Tell me what ya think! =D
Post Edited:2007-11-19 18:58:19

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Final Arrow

Claps , Nice job teen wolf, My Arrow senses are tingling !

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Chameleone

cryo, you better write a book. i've got a $20 gift card to Barnes and Noble, an it needs to be spent.

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Spectrum

Final Arrow says:

"Claps , Nice job teen wolf, My Arrow senses are tingling !"

plagerism much.......there enlies the joke, i see,

nice job Cryo,

raises glass

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Walkingstone

Very cool, Cryo, I love your chronicles :D

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Aww, shucks, really?

I honestly have been having trouble with it a bit lately. I wrote the Firm into my storyline, but, now I don't want to be in it. The only good part of it was that I met the Winchesters in the process. But, I have a plan.....MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Bump =P

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Switch

LOLZ Cryo Wolf gonna pwn some noobs.

Like it man.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Pwn teh noobz? Maybeh some othr tyme.

The Professor

It was the Saturday after the S.H.A.R.P. Incident. Scott Wolfman woke up in his human form, dressed in a gray and blue T-shirt and Pajama bottoms, which were adorned with polar bears. He made his way from under the mess of covers and stretched, noticing Simba at the foot of his bed. His ears were at attention, and his head tilted as Scott awoke.

Good Morning Cryo-Wolf!” Simba said. He was panting, but it almost looked like he was actually smiling.

Scott laughed, “You can call me Scott, Simba. I haven't even gotten a chance to be Cryo-Wolf yet.

Scott glanced at his clock. 10:00. “Oh, man! My shows are on!” Scott fumbled for the remote to his T.V. on the table beside his bed and he turned it on. He laid back and began to watch his shows, resting his arms behind his head. The theme song to Ben 10 filled his room.

Suddenly, Simba's head and ears shot up. “Sombody's here!” He yelled and jumped from the bed. He bolted down the stairs saying,”New Friend, New Friend!” The scamper of his claws against the floor filled the air.

Scott smirked and got out of bed. Scott heard the door open and his mother say,"Hello." Then an intellectual voice saying, "Hello M'am, I'm Professor Charles Xavier, and I'd like to speak to you about the possibility of your son attending my school."

A New School?, Scott thought. He had just started his new High School, and now somebody was already trying to transfer him? Scott walked down the stairs and into the Living Room, where he saw a man in a wheelchair and a woman with white hair sitting on his couch. The man seemed vastly intelligent, since you could tell from his facial expression. The woman sat on the couch with her legs crossed, her hans folded, and smiling all the time. Simba was so excited, sniffing these people and playing with them, like he acted whenever someone knew came. His mom brought in Tea and Coffee. "Thank you, Mrs. Wolfman." The man in the wheel chair smiled and looked up from his cup of tea to see Scott.

"Ah, Hello Scott. I'm Professor Charles Xavier." He extended his hand to Scott. Scott walked over and reluctantly shook it, saying,"Hello, Professor Xavier." The man then introduced the woman to Scott. "This is Ororo Monroe, a staff member at my school.”

Ororo got up and walked over to Scott. "Hello, it's very nice to meet you." Her eyes were stormy, and she spoke with a slight African accent.

Scott shook Ororo's hand and said,"Like wise."

Professor Xavier gestured for him to sit down. "I have something to ask you and your parents." Scott's parents sat down as well as Scott, and Professor Xavier began his proposition. "Mr. and Mrs. Wolfman, I run a school called Xavier's School for Higher Learning, and Scott is the ideal student, due to his many gifts."

How does he know about my gifts?, Scott thought,I haven't told anyone! A look of panic shot across his eyes, undetectable to the untrained eye.

Then, almost as if Scott had said it aloud, The Professor said,"I have received Scott's grades and, I must say, He would be an indispensable asset to my school." Scott let out a sigh of relief. It was a close one. Almost like the Professor knew he thought it. "Here are some pamphlets about my school." Professor Xavier handed Scott's parents a few pamhplets and said,"Now, If you don't mind, I would like to speak just to Scott about this matter." Scott's Parents looked at each other and nodded. They left for the Kitchen and there was silence. It was the awkward silence that you get when you don’t know what to say. Scott merely looked from Ororo to Professor Xavier, back and forth.

You're not the only one with powers, Scott. A voice inside Scott's head said. He panicked, not knowing what it was. He thought he was going crazy, until he realized that it was the Professor's voice. You are a mutant, Scott, and my school can help you control your powers.

So he was a mutant. Scott had just thought it was some astronomical event that he had obtained his powers, but he was actually a mutant. And, now that he thought about it, it did make sense. He saw a program on the Sci-Fi channel about Mutants. How they came to be, how they can generate their numerous powers, etc. It said that a mutant’s powers usually reveal themselves in a subject’s teenage years, during periods of great physical or mental stress. And, Scott was indeed stressed out on that fateful day.

"You’re not the only one with these powers. I also have abilities." Ororo said.

Scott, now intrigued with the idea he was a mutant, said almost disbelievingly,"What are they?"

A smile formed on Ororo's face and she looked up. Her eyes turned completely white. The sun disappeared behind clouds outside and the wind blew harder. Scott looked around frantically, like a hurricane was upon his house. Ororo looked back at Scott and her eyes regressed to their natural color. "I can control the weather." Whoa. That was a big power. Scott began to think about how massive its effects could be, and wondered if he could ever be the same. “You don’t have to be alone, we can help.”

"And I can enter people's minds, make them do whatever I want. I can also lift things with my mind, as well as read their thoughts." The professor admitted. Scott had heard about these types of mutants. Mutants this powerful were called Omega Level mutants. Could he ever be one? What were the potentials that lay dormant in his DNA? The Professor looked at Scott. "Would you like to learn to control your powers?" He asked Scott. Both of them. He said into Scott's mind,Yes, I know you have another power besides your ice mainpulation. Curses! He had read Scott’s mind, and knew of his wolf form, which he was actually learning to control well. What if he told anyone? And you don’t have to worry about your secret being divulged, it’s safe with me.

Scott thought about it for a second. "Will it cost my parents anything?" He didn’t want to go to this school if it would devastate his parents financially.

"No," The Professor said,"My school is a Public school, but with dormatories and such. You would be living there and you would also get your own room and roomate."

"Ok, I'll go," Scott said abruptly, smiling. Somehow, the idea excited him, and he was happy about his new school, “but one last question. Can I bring Simba?" Scott smiled and raised his eyebrows, hoping the Professor would say yes. Simba was happily sitting next to Ororo on the couch, allowing her to pet him. Each pet caused him to close his eyes, and his ears were slicked back the entire time. His egghead showed, and he absolutely was loving Ororo petting him. She began to scratch behind his ears and he leaned toward her.

The Professor looked at Simba. He wanted to say no, but he thought allowing Simba to accompany Scott would get him to go. "Yes, You can bring Simba. But he must stay in your room, if you take him out he must be on a leash."

Simba heard the word leash and thought he was going for a walk. His ears shot up and he jumped from the couch and headed for the door.

The three of them laughed and Scott's Parents entered the room. Simba came back into the room, dissapointed that he wasn’t going for a walk. "We've come to a decision. Scott, You can go if you want to."

Professor Xavier looked from Scott's Parents to Scott. A smile adorned his face. "Perfect. You'll start on Monday.”
Post Edited:2007-11-19 19:06:21

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chameleone

nice man i need to right some of my story

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Xavier's

"You have all your things?" Scott Wolfman's mother asked in the car ride to Xavier's School for Higher Learning.

"Yes,Mom." Scott Wolfman said in an annoyed voice. This had always gone on when he was going someplace without his parents.

"All your clothes?"

"Yes, Mom."

"Clean Underwear?"

"Mom!" Scott yelled. Simba snickered in the seat next to Scott. He turned and shot Simba a look, who immediately turned towards the window after seeing his face.

"Sorry! It's just....you going to a new school, not staying home anymore. I'm a little worried!" Scott's mother was in the passenger seat, his father driving. She was the type that got worried over anything and everything.

"I'll be fine, Mom. So will Simba." Scott looked out the car window and watched as tree after tree passed by. They had to drive through New York City to get here. Now, they were in what seemed like endless forest. As Scott watched, the trees gave way to a wall. The car followed the wall up to a gate, which automatically opened as they neared it. As they entered the gate, they saw a huge mansion. Actually, it looked bigger then a mansion. The wall was the perimeter of the grounds, and stretched as far as the eye could see. This was Xavier’s School for Higher Learning. It looked so much like a college, Scott thought he had been bumped up four grades. The car pulled up to Xavier's. Some kids were walking into the grounds. It looked like a normal school.

"C'mon, Simba." Scott grabbed Simba's leash and opened the door. Simba trampled over him trying to get out.

Once they were both out, Scott's mother said,"Ok, Sweetie. Have fun. Remember to call every now and then!"

"I will Mom. Bye Dad! See Ya!" Scott waved as the car drove away. Scott grabbed his bags, and they both looked at Xavier's.

"This should be fun. I'm the only animal here!” Simba said.

Well,” Scott said to Simba, “Suck it up and be quiet. I wanna make a good impression.

Simba looked up at Scott and said, sarcasticly, “Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The two of them walked up the stone steps and pushed open the doors of the Mansion. What everyone saw on the outside was completely different from what went on inside. Kids looking like they should be in Star Wars movies were running around, Paper Airplanes were performing loop-de-loops and spins without any wind, and kids moved from one room to the next without a single move. It may have been weird, but Scott, for some odd reason, felt right at home.

Ten girls saw Simba and ran over yelling,"Awww!" They petted him and cuddled him and scratched him behind his ears. Scott noticed the attention Simba was getting, and got an idea. He looked down at Simba and whispered, “Simba, your my ticket to meeting all the girls around here! Just keep doing what you're doing."

Then Scott noticed something about the girls: They all looked alike. What appeared on one appeared on all the others. All the girls stood up and merged into one.

That one said,"Welcome to Xavier's! See you around!" She could clone herself. Scott closed his eyes and made a face, realizing the idiocy of his idea.

Oh,” Simba said, laughing, “I will!

Scott and Simba looked around for the head office, and finally the two of them found it. "Hello? Professor Xavier?" Scott said as they peeked into the room.

"Ah, Hello Scott. I thought you had just arrived. Please, come, sit down." The Professor was sitting at his desk, and motioned for Scott to sit down. Scott and Simba walked over to Xavier's desk and sat down. Simba sat politely next to Scott’s chair, realizing how big this was to him. The Professor set aside a folder he was holding and looked to Scott. "Now, I told only two people of your other power." A look of shock and worry appeared on Scott's face. "Don't worry. These people are completely trustworthy. One will be your roomate. You’ll meet him later. And the other is one of my oldest friends. Hank?" The Professor called for someone standing outside the door.

A tall, blue, and furry.....yes, furry man stepped into the office from outside. He walked over to Scott with a grin on his face, the grin showing his large canines, much like Scott's. He wore a long white lab coat, and wire glasses rested on his nose.

"Hello, Scott. My name's Dr. Hank McCoy."

"Dr. McCoy is a Geneticist and Biochemist, and would like to perform tests to see exactly what happened to you." The Professor said.

"Come," Dr. McCoy said,"I'll show you to your room." He smiled again, and no matter how many times Scott saw his teeth, he wasn’t uncomfortable around them. Scott got up as the Professor wheeled himself out from behind his desk. He petted Simba and let them get on their way.

Scott, Simba, and Dr. McCoy walked through the halls of the X-Mansion. Other mutants ran about past them, some doing things Scott couldn’t even imagine. Simba kept sniffing Dr.McCoy and wagging his tail. "Why, hello my furry friend!" Dr. McCoy knelt down and began to pet Simba. Simba was completely loving Dr. McCoy.

"His name's Simba." Scott said to Dr. McCoy, laughing a bit at Simba’s crazy antics.

"Oh," Dr. McCoy said,"Speaking of names, You can call me Beast. Everyone else does." Beast gave a light chuckle and stood up to address Scott. "He looks very intelligent."

Scott looked skeptically down at Simba. "I wish." Simba nudged Scott hard.

Beast laughed,"I think that explains everything."

The three continued walking through the halls. "Oh, yeah. You know how everyone has names here? Well, I kinda came up with my own."

Beast looked intrigued. "Well, Let's hear it."

"Most people probably won't get it, but I've come up with Cryo-Wolf." Scott eagerly awaited Beast's response. Since he was a scientist, he was probably one of the only ones around this school that would get it.

"Ah yes, a name that combines both of your powers. The Cryo- of course being from Cryogenics?" Scott nodded, happy Beast had understood it. "Of course, a mind of your caliber has to know of Cryogenics. I like the name. You should keep it."

The three arrived at Scott's room. Beast opened the door and Scott walked inside. The walls were blank, there was a T.V., two beds, and a Window overlooking the grounds out back. One side of the room was completely adorned and looked like the average room of a normal teenager. Scott guessed that was his roommate's side. "Cool." Scott said smiling.

"Oh and, by the way,"Beast said from the door way,"I'm your science teacher. Be late for my class, you'll get extra homework. Be at my lab in half an hour, we'll start the tests then.....Cryo." Beast grinned and closed the door.

Scott plopped down on the bed and let out a sigh. Simba jumped up beside him and said. “So, we're here. What do we do now?

Scott looked around at the blank walls. “Redecorate.” Scott flipped open his suitcase and revealed tons of posters and his PS2.

Tests

Scott had finished about 20 minutes later. Posters lined the walls, and he was finishing putting up a picture of Avril Lavigne on the ceiling above his bed. The door opened and another furry being walked through. How many were there in this place, anyways? The boy looked up at Scott standing on his bed. He looked a lot like Scott did when in Wolf Form, but Scott’s was slightly different, somehow. “So, You must be Scott, right?”

Scott nodded. He wasn’t so sure of this boy. He was looking Scott up and down like he was examining him, but there was an almost playful glint in his eye at the same time. “Prof. told me about you.” He smirked while walking over to his bed. The boy quickly turned around and sat on his bed. “Well, let’s see it.”

Scott pretended to act confused. “See what?”

The boy’s expression quickly changed from curiosity to annoyance. “You know what. Prof. told me you had a wolf form like me. So, let’s see it. You’re going to be my roommate, dude. Sooner or later, you’ll forget I’m around and I’ll see it.”

Scott sighed, “Fine.” He jumped down from the bed and focused. The more he transformed, the easier it was to transform. He closed his eyes and could feel the fur course over his skin. His nails lengthened into claws and his teeth grew within his mouth. He opened his eyes and looked back at the boy. He seemed awestruck.

“Wow. Yours is way cooler then mine.” He got up and began looking him over. “You even have a tail! Lucky.” He picked at Scott’s fur, and tugged at his ears, he even examined his claws and pulled bak his lip to look at his teeth. “I don’t get it. Yours seems more…authentic.” He dropped back down to his bed and brought his legs up, crossing them. “In case you were wondering, my name’s Nick Gleason. My codename is Wolf Cub. Oh, and, Prof. has put you in my training squad, the Paragons.”

“Training Squad?” Scott asked.

Nick nodded. “Yeah, we have those here. We go up against other squads to train our powers. I’m guessing you’ll only use your other one?” Scott nodded, almost shamefully. “Don’t sweat it, dude,” Nick began, seeing the shame in Scott’s eyes, “You shouldn’t be ashamed of your other power. Everyone should know about it. It’s, in my opinion, one of the best out there.”

Scott looked at Nick skeptically. “Yeah, because it’s yours.” He said.

Nick laughed. “Well, not only that, but honestly. Just think about it, ‘K?” It was at this time that Nick finally noticed Simba. He patted his knees and Simba came trotting over. When Nick was patting Simba, Simba turned to Scott and said, “Shouldn’t you be getting to Beast’s lab?

Scott looked at his clock by his newly made bed. “Oh, Snap! Yeah!” Scott flew out the door.

Wait up”! Simba yelled and ran out after him.

Nick sat there, bewildered. “Did I miss something?”

Scott had been walking for about 5 minutes before he realized: Beast hadn’t told him where his lab was. “Ok, How do I find his lab? Pull over and ask for directions?"

What I always do to find something,” Simba said, “is try and pick up their scent. Everything gives off a scent, and animals can smell things better than humans. Try it!

Scott shrugged and closed his eyes. He began to sniff the air and smelled lots of different scents. They surrounded him, engulfed him in a storm of different smells. One reminded him of Beast, and he couldn't figure out why. He followed the scent throughout the halls, the scent getting stronger with every step. It was like the scent was guiding him. He let go of all other senses, and focused on his sense of smell. He could almost see everything, even though his eyes were closed. Scott stepped into Beast's lab still sniffing the air. He opened one of his eyes to see the lab, and Beast looking at him, writing things down on a clipboard.

"I knew it." He said satisfied.

Scott walked up to Beast and said, trying to look over the clipboard, "Knew what?"

Beast looked at him and said, "Knew you had strong senses. Your powers are like mine, you can smell and hear even the tiniest things. That was the first test. Now, let’s have a look at this wolf form of yours." Beast examined his form, much in the manner that Nick had examined it. “Interesting…how extraordinary…” Was all he kept saying. He finally stood up and wrote more on his clipboard. “Ok, now open your mouth and say ‘Ah’.” Beast stuck a popsicle stick in his mouth.

Beast tested Scott on his strength, speed, any physical attributes. He even tested his claws' sharpness and durablility. After all of those tests, Beast took a sample of his blood. "Now, I'm going to check your DNA for any anomalies." Beast drew the sample and turned to the microscope. “Could you wash that for me? I’ll get you a band-aid in a second.” Beast set the blood sample under the microscope and grabbed a band-aid. He turned to Scott, who was covering the punctured skin in glowing blue water. “How curious?” Beast said. He moved Scott’s hand, and the water along with it. The skin was completely healed. Now Beast wanted to test it. He made a small incision on his own finger and told Scott to cover it in the glowing water. Scott did so, and when he was done, the wound was healed. “Oh My Stars and Garters!” Beast exclaimed. He began writing furiously on the clipboard.

“What?” Scott asked, confused.

“Your water has healing properties. How that is possible, I cannot know.” Beast set down the pen and turned to the microscope. Beast looked into the microscope and gasped. "Why, I've never seen anything like this. You have two sets of DNA within your own body. The Wolf DNA has been added to your own,merging them but also keeping them separate, making you seem like a werewolf and giving you werewolf-like abilities. I can't explain it." Beast looked up from the microscope and down to his clipboard. "And, you said It was a Dark Enterprises machine that did this to you?" Scott nodded. "Hmm.....Super Human Animal Remolecularization Pod. Yes, I heard about that. Reports say that all tests failed, except for you. You are the super-soldier that Dark was trying to design. It's amazing. I'll do some more research and get back to you later." He began furiously examining all test results, shutting everything else out.

Scott waved goodbye, but realized Beast wasn’t looking. He then left for his room. Scott opened the door to find Nick in bed, snoring loudly. He smirked and lay down on his own bed. He said to Simba, “I think I'm going to like this school.

Beast entered Professor Xavier's office. "Professor?"

"Yes. Come in, Hank."

"Professor, I need to talk to you about Scott. His DNA.....it's unstable, and I don't know what the side effects will be. He has two sets of DNA in him, and the wolf DNA has the power to overpower Scott's at anytime when he can lose control of his powers or when he is in a serious emotional state. The Wolf DNA has a mind of its own, somehow."

"Hmm.....Yes. I suspected he would be different." The Professor said, a look of worry in his eyes. The wheels in his head were turning. "Keep observing him for the time that he's here. We need to know what he can really do."
Post Edited:2007-11-21 09:27:51

Zaraki Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Zaraki Ichigo

Cryo, I have been following your stories since you started doing the Comic Vine World, you do a very excellent and thorough job. Cheers man, and keep up the good work.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

And now, for all you folks out there, my avid readers, I give you never before seen...err...read pieces of Cryo's history, not shown in CVW. Enjoy.

The Paragons

Running. Scott was running. A huge forest surrounded him, with little rays of moonlight peeking through the treetop canopies. He couldn’t tell why he was running, but he was. He breathed heavily as he ran. Tree upon tree upon tree passed, and they all looked the same. There was nowwhere to go, nowwhere to hide, but most of all, nowwhere to live. He finally dove through the bushes and into a clearing. He hit the grass hard and grimaced at the pain. He turned and looked up at the clearing around him. It was a circle, and the full moon shone down onto it with unparalelled glory. A rustling came from the bushes. His attention immediately shifted to them. A figure rose and walked through the bushes, pushing away trees like they were twigs. As the shadow came closer, He moved back into the center of the clearing. The figure’s foot stepped into the moonlight, followed by the rest of his furry body. His teeth glinted in the moonlight, and an evil look filled his gaze. It was a mirror image of his wolf form. But, it had changed. Its stance was lower to the ground, it breathed deeper, and behaved more…like an animal. Its fur had darkened slightly. Its smile taunted Scott. It was giving him a preview of what was coming, if only he could actually see it.

“When will you let me out?” It asked pleadingly. It inched closer, every step echoing through Scott’s mind. “Let me out.” It kept repeating. “Let me out.” With each time, his voice slowly regressed into a growl. “Let me out” The wolf growled and yelled, “I want out!” It dove for Scott, claws bared and teeth ready to pierce flesh.

Scott sat straight up in his bed. He was breathing heavily, and a cold sweat dripped down his forehead.

Nick was standing over his bed. “Dude, what the heck happened?” Scott looked around. He was in his room, sunshine drifted through the windows, and his sheets were tangled up in a ferocious mess.

“I…I don’t know.” Scott managed to get out.

Nick sat down on the side of his bed and said, “You were thrashing about like you were having a heart attack. You were sweating like crazy. You okay?”

Scott adjusted himself to sit comfortably in his bed, slowly nodding and catching his breath. “Yeah, I think so. I hope so.” He looked about. “Where’s Simba?”

“This lil’ guy?” Nick moved over and lifted up his sheets to find Simba cowering under his bed.

“Simba…” Scott whispered.

Nick ushered the dog out from under the bed and said, “When you went all excorcist on me just now, he jumped off your bed and buried himself under mine. You really scared him.”

Scott turned and set his feet on the floor, still sitting on his bed. He patted his knees for Simba to come to him, but Simba was reluctant. He was scared of Scott now for some reason. “C’Mon, Simba. I’m not going to do anything. I’m me!” Simba rushed over to him quickly and sniffed him. His scent revealed that he was in fact himself, and not what Simba thought he was. The question was: What was that, exactly?

Nick watched the event unfold from his bed. “Well, now that that touching reunion has occurred, get up. Get Dressed. We have to meet on the grounds in half an hour.”

Scott looked up from calming Simba down. “Why?”

Nick turned and looked at him like he was crazy. “Umm…for the announcement of the Training Squads? Then two Squads are randomly picked to face each other in a challenge for the first day of training. Where have you been?”

Scott shook his head and laughed. He got up and walked over to their room’s bathroom. “A different school, maybe?” He closed the door to the bathroom, and the sound of the shower turning on was heard.

Nick remembered that he was a transfer student. “Oh yeah.” He shrugged and moved to his bureau. “Oh!” He yelled over the noise of the shower, “We get our own uniforms. I’ll leave yours on your bed. Get changed and meet me outside.” Nick quickly changed into his and slipped out the door. Scott turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. He moved for the sink after he wrapped a towel around his waist. The mirror was all misty. Scott brought up his hand and wiped some of the mist away, but what he saw shook him into disbelief. The image reflected in the mirror was not of Scott, but of the horrible creature from his dream. Its evil eyes stared into his soul.

“Let me out.” It growled, “I want out!” Scott yelled and stumbled backwards, but when he looked back, it was his own face staring back at him. He touched his face, just to be sure, and it was indeed real. Scott shook his head quickly and walked out of the bathroom. On his bed lay his uniform. It was a green shirt, with black stripes under the arms, and a giant red X over the chest. He had black cargo shorts as well, with green stripes on the sides. There were also green, black, and red sneakers and black fingerless gloves. “Cool.” He said as he held up the shirt.

Scott walked out of his room about 5 minutes later, smoothing out his uniform on him. Nick had on a similar uniform, but it was different at the same time. “Nice!” He said. “C’Mon, they’re waiting or us.” Nick began to jog through the hall.

Scott caught up to him. “Who’s waiting for us?” He asked puzzled.

“Our team of course!” Nick broke into a run. Scott quickly caught up again and they both ran for the grounds. Outside, groups were assembling before a stage. One group had the same uniforms as Scott and Nick. Nick began waving to them, and they all waved back. Upon closer investigation by Scott, he noticed several different things with them. One was on fire, and another had wings. Another had headphones around his neck, and there were two other girls. Then there was the advisor, a red-haired young woman. “Good morning, Ms. Sinclair.” Nick said to the advisor.

“Good Morning, Nicholas.” The red-haired woman said, smilling. She noticed Scott and said,”Are you Scott Wolfman? Hi, I’m your team’s advisor, Ms. Sinclair.” She held out her hand, which Scott shook. “Let me introduce you to the Paragons.” She held her hand out to the other kids.

“The hothead over there is Match, he’s the team’s field leader,” Match waved his flaming hand at Scott, “This is Pixie,” The girl with wings winked and waved cutely at Scott, “This would be DJ,” The headphones kid merely nodded in Scott’s direction, “And these two are Trance and Preview.” Trance smiled and Preview said “Hi” in a solemn manner. “I see you’ve already met Wolf Cub, now, what’s your codename?”

“Cryo.” Scott said hesitantly. He almost said the wolf part, but no one knew of that power, so he just stuck with Cryo.

“Perfect. Why don’t you all take a seat while we announce the Squads.” She walked away, and Scott sat by Wolf Cub. He kept looking around frantically, wondering if he would see the creature again. He looked like a madman, but he couldn’t help it. The dream lingered in the back of his head. What could it mean? Was it a glimpse of the future? Was everything in the dream going to happen? Scott didn’t know and was dreading what the answer would be.

A few different people walked up to the stage. They must’ve been teachers. Then, someone with a red eye visor helped Professor Xavier up onto the stage. He wheeled himself over to the center and spoke, “Welcome all. Today we are going to introduce our new method of teaching you to control your powers, and use them for the greater good. Each teacher will announce their squads to the student body, and then two squads will be chosen randomly to compete in our first challenge. Without further ado, here is Mr. Summers with his squad.” The Professor wheeled backwards, allowing the red eye visor man to come up to the podium to give his speech. A few other teachers introduced their squads, and each time there was clapping afterwards.

Then a woman dressed in white came up to the podium. The boys in the audience gave her their full attention. She introduced herself as Emma Frost and began introducing her squad, the Hellions. They looked like the bullies of the school. What really seemed weird was that the team leader was actually named Hellion. Scott wondered if that was merely by coincidence or if he had a rather large ego that got in the way. Ms. Sinclair came up afterwards, introducing each of the Paragons. “…And,” She added, “The Paragons have been one of the squads picked to compete in the challenge!” She clapped, leading the others in applause.

Ms. Frost came back up and said, “Along with my Hellions. Good luck to both squads.” She said it in a manner that almost signaled that her team would win. The Paragons looked about nervously. The Hellions were all a bit older, and now they had to face them? This day was getting better and better. Everyone began to get up and leave, except the Paragons and the Hellions. They stood up and stayed there. There was tension between the two squads, a tension so thick, it was almost tangible. Not a word was spoken between the two teams until their advisors arrived. “Alright,” Ms. Frost began, “Listen up. We’re going to file in an orderly manner to the Danger Room. You’ll find out about the challenge there.” There were muffled whispers between the two groups. What was the Danger Room? Scott would find out soon enough.

The Danger Room

Two silver doors swooshed aside, revealing an enormous silver room. There was no other way to describe it, everything was in silver. “So, what kind of challenge can we do in an empty room?” Ms. Frost was walking by as Scott said this, and he could’ve sworn he saw a smirk on her face. Scott grouped with the other Paragons on one side of the room, while The Hellions were assembling on the opposite side.

The advisors stood inbetween the two groups, and Ms. Sinclair said, “Now, here we’ll have a simple battle. Here are the rules: No cheap moves. A nice clean battle,” Then, as she looked at the Hellions, “from all of you.”

“Oh, hush now, Rahne. My team won’t pull anything, will they?” She eyed her team, who nodded in agreement. “There, see? Now, they know how to fight, let’s just see what they do, shall we?” Was she always this laid-back!? Ms. Sinclair looked at the Paragons nervously, but they each gave her a comforting look, one that said it was ok.

“Very well, let’s begin.” Ms. Sinclair and Ms. Frost walked for another pair of swooshing doors, and soon appeared in a control room above. Ms. Sinclair’s voice came over the intercom in a mechanical voice: “The Danger Room is going to randomly choose a battlefield for you guys.”

The Hellions began moving around into their positions. They had a plan, that was for sure. Match turned to the Paragons and said,”Ok, here’s what we’re going to do. Let’s go in with an all out attack. Wolf Cub and myself will attack them straight out. DJ, be prepared to form a force-field if they attack as well.” DJ nodded and turned his music player to a certin type of music, ready to hit play when needed. “Preview, when the battle starts, look ahead to see exactly what they’ll do, then tell us. Pixie, You fly in there with us, and use your Pixie Dust on Hellion. Without their leader, they’re nothing. Trance, stay behind, ready to come in if necessary. Cryo, what can you do?” They all looked at Scott.

“Umm…I can control water in all its forms.”

Match’s face lit up. “Perfect, you’ll go in the all out attack with us, but if they attack, make an ice wall behind DJ’s forcefield.” They all nodded and turned back to face the Hellions, who were already ready to start.

The lights in the Danger Room went out, and the room changed into a forest at night. Scott looked around in panic. It looked exactly like his dream. Now that he didn’t know what was going to happen, he began silently panicking. “Go!” A voice yelled. Preview immediately looked ahead and saw what they were going to do.

“DJ and Cryo! Go!” That meant the force field and ice wall. DJ hit play and let loose the force-field from his hands, surrounding the team. Then Cryo jumped down and slammed the ground, forcing ice to jut out of the ground. He then spread his arms out wide and the wall expanded around the Paragons. He made it so they could see through the ice, and they immediately saw Dust, a member of the Hellions, burst out of her Burqa in her sand form and surrounded everything. It was a smart move. The Paragons couldn’t tell where they were. They all kept looking around, not knowing which area to focus on.

Suddenly, Rockslide, the power house of the Hellions with actual rock skin, came running through the sand cloud in front of the Paragons and slammed the force-field. He did it so quickly, he caused DJ to lose his concentration, and he went through. The punch kept going and smashed the ice wall to pieces. “Attack!” Match called out, and at that moment, the other Hellions came running through the sand cloud, like the command was given for them. Dust recoiled back into her Burqa and joined the other Hellions. Pixie remembered what she had to do. She immediately flew over to Hellion and released her Pixie Dust. Luckily, he inhaled it, and stumbled back. He closed his eyes, and when he opened them, little pieces of candy were running about and attacking each other. Pixie smiled and flew off to aid Match in fighting Mercury.

Meanwhile, up in the control room, the two advisors watched their teams duke it out. The control room, to the teams, was disguised as the full moon in the night sky. The advisors both turned as Professor Xavier wheeled himself in. “Professor! We didn’t think you were coming.” Ms. Frost said.

“Well,” The Professor began, “It’s the first challenge of the year, I thought I might see it.” He smiled and wheeled over to the viewing glass. That wasn’t his only reason he came. His eyes focused on Scott. He had really come to see what would happen in a battle. What would his power be capable of?

Rockslide’s punch missed Scott by a few inches. It slammed into the ground, causing earth to fly up. He had, by sheer instinct, flipped backwards. The more he fought, the more he got used to it. Something inside him was guiding his movements. Was it instinct? Or, could it possibly be something more? He jumped up and waved his hand in a slicing motion, sending ice spikes flying at Rockslide. He put up his huge rock arm and the spikes embedded themselves into his forearm. He pulled them out and threw them to the ground, saying, “Gotta try harder than that, Twinkle Toes!” He then moved to charge Scott. A glint in Scott’s eye formed. He knew what he would do. He waited for Rockslide to be right on top of him, then leaped up, vaulting over onto his back. “What the-!? Get the Hell off o’ my back, Frosty!” He thrashed about, but Scott stayed strong and held on. But Rockslide turned and slammed his back against a tree, causing the wind to get knocked out of Scott. He let go of Rockslide and slid to the ground.

A warning light in the control room began going off. It signified that the temperature in the room was going down, and going down fast. Xavier looked from the light to the battle at hand. It was starting. Scott slowly regained his consciousness. As he looked up from the base of the tree, he was in the same clearing he was in his dream. He looked down from the sky to the clearing itself. Rockslide was towering over him. A smile creeped over his face. “Say goodnight, Frosty.” He grabbed Scott by the neck and picked him up, squeezing his grip tighter with each second. Scott’s hands flailed at his grip, but he couldn’t do anything. He had lost focus, and he was in too much a state of panic to control his ice.

The temperature had now dropped to 15 degrees Fahrenheit and counting. Xavier stared at the reading for a few moments in disbelief before turning to the battle at hand. He said, perfectly clear for the two advisors to hear, “Brace yourselves.” The two advisors looked at each other, puzzled, while the Professor rested his chin on his folded hands. Scott couldn’t take it anymore. His lungs felt like they were about to burst from lack of oxygen. He looked up into the moon, uknowingly, directly into the eyes of Professor Xavier. The moon’s light glinted in his eyes as something in them changed. He looked back at Rockslide with a grin on his face. Well, as much of a grin as possible when you’re being choked.

“Your…..Mistake!” Rockslide, now confused, loosened his grip a bit. He shouldn’t have done that. Scott growled, and his fur ran over his skin. His claws began to dig into Rockslide’s rock, and his voice grew into a growl. He pried Rockslide’s fingers from his neck and broke free. Still in mid-air, he spun around and kicked Rockslide square in the chest, causing him to stumble back. He hit the ground hard, landing on his feet. Still remaining crouched down, he spread his arms out before directing them straight at Rockslide. A wave of water, close to the ground, came crashing over to Rockslide, knocking him off his feet. Scott ran and jumped up, covering his hand in ice. He came down, slamming his fist into Rockslide’s stomach. Rockslide yelled in pain as the ice melted into water, and coursed through him. Scott controlled every bit of the water, and relished Rockslide’s pain. His licked his canines in pleasure. He enjoyed this. He wanted more of it, he wanted to hear more screams, he wanted to cause more pain, he wanted to kill.

Ms. Frost’s fist slammed against the control panel. “He can’t do that! He’ll kill him! And why weren’t we informed of this power!?”

Professor immediately turned to her. “Because I didn’t want you to. This is the precise reason I didn’t want anyone knowing of it. For this precise reason.” He turned to Ms. Sinclair. Her eyes were filled with sympathy for Scott, she knew what he was going through. “Ms. Sinclair, I know it may pain you to do this, but use the tranquilizer dart.” She looked at him quickly and nodded, pressing a red button. Scott withdrew his hand and moved for Rockslide’s stomach. He opened his mouth and readied his canines to pierce the rocky hide. He was inches away from Rockslide’s neck when he felt a prick in his jugular vein. The tranquilizer fluid filled his veins, coursing through his body within seconds. His vision blurred, and he stumbled back. He fell from Rockslide and finally blacked out, the moon the last thing in his field of vision before total darkness.
Post Edited:2007-11-21 09:44:26

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Switch

Yay! Cryopwnd teh noobs! :P and such

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Bump!

Just for those that didn't know it was here and that new stuffz was on ;]

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Switch

bump bump bumppity bump bump

Argh someone help me I fell down some stairs!

Like it cryo. Now go out there and rip out some throats. You know you want to.

Zaraki Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zaraki Ichigo

Switch says:

"bump bump bumppity bump bumpArgh someone help me I fell down some stairs!Like it cryo. Now go out there and rip out some throats. You know you want to."

Points and laughs.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

The Wolf

His vision was blurry. He didn’t know where he was or what had happened. It was all one big blur in front of his eyes. A bright light shone into his semi-open eyelids. He wondered if that light was the light. The light you see when you die. That thought jumpstarted his brain, waking Scott up. He sat up straight in his bed, looking around frantically at his surroundings. He was in the medical wing of Xavier’s, and bandages adorned his body. One made him uncomfortable. His hand flew to his neck, over his jugular vein. A piece of guaze was taped to his neck. As he felt it, an image flashed in front of his eyes.

He was on top of Rockslide, about to rip his teeth into his neck, but something stopped him. What was it? He strained to remember what it was, and when he remembered, he wasn’t sure if he wanted to. A tranquilizer dart dug itself into his neck, and within seconds he was knocked out. Scott came back into reality, disillusioned by what he had seen. What had he done? What had he become? And, the most terrifying realization of all: What would he have done if he was allowed to continue? He shuddered at the thought and laid back onto his pillow. His mind was racing. He checked his hands and was relieved that the fur and claws had vanished. It had happened again. Just like it happened in the testing facility. The wolf got loose. Scott didn’t want to be this monster. He wasn’t that type of person. He wanted to use his powers for good, and not be some psychotic killer. He began panicking again. What if he changed again? How could he possibly control it? A massive surge of questions filled his head, and he was unable to answer them all.

Calm yourself, Scott.” A voice spoke into Scott’s head. Its mere presence banished the buzzing questions back into the deepest recesses of his Psyche. Professor Xavier wheeled himself into Scott’s room. There was an awkward silence for a few moments. Neither of them knew what to say.

Finally, Scott managed to get out, “Wh-what happened Professor? What did I do?” A hint of fear filled his face. Professor folded his hands up to his mouth again, analyzing the situation. He was scanning Scott’s mind, both the subconscious and conscious, for any anomalies or clues as to why Scott had done what he had done. What he found in his subconscious mind shocked and disturbed him.

The creature resurfaced again, now speaking into the Professor’s head, “Get out of our head!

The Professor jerked back in his chair. His eyes were wide. How could something so terrifying live within a teenage boy? Scott was alarmed when the Professor did this. He, concerned, asked, “Professor? Are you okay? What happened? Why am I here?” He realized he was becoming like the incessant questions, always asking and asking and never getting an answer.

The Professor collected himself and straightened up in his chair. There was only one way to diagnose this. “Scott,” He began, “I need you to do something for me.” Scott nodded. Whatever could be done, he wanted it done. “I believe your attack on Rockslide was not intentional. At least, not intentional on your part.”

Intentional on his part? “What do you mean, Professor? How could what I've done have been by accident?” Scott asked.

The Professor shook his head. “That was no accident. You attacked him. Nearly killed him. People don’t attack with intention to kill by accident.” Now this wasn’t making any sense.

“But,” Scott began, “You’re not making any sense. If I did it, how is it not intentional on my part?”

Professor didn’t like this conclusion either. “I believe…that you have a split personality.”

…Whoa. A split personality? How!? Scott wanted more information, and he wanted it now. “What do you mean, a ‘split personality!?’”

The Professor wheeled himself closer to Scott. “The medical term for it is Multiple Personality Disorder, but I don’t believe this is the case. You don’t show any of the telltale symptoms. Merely that you have more than one personality, or mindset if you will. You remember everything that you did, which is a clear indication that it is not MPD.” This was too much to take in. So, now, Scott wasn’t only a monster, he was a psycho, too!?

“Is there any way to get rid of it? Any way to cure it?” Scott was desperate, now. He didn’t want this.

The Professor sat forward in his wheelchair. “It depends on the case. Some are incurable, while others aren’t. The only way to be sure is to,” The Professor hesitated a bit, “Examine both sides of the subject’s psyche.”

No. Anything but that. Scott didn’t want that monster out again. He didn’t want to hurt anyone. He gripped the sides of his bed tightly, trying to inch away from the inevitable. “You can’t do that. Don’t let him out! Please!”

The Professor sat back in his wheelchair. He straightened up and looked straight at Scott. “I’m sorry, but I cannot have this creature run amok at my school again. Now just relax. Close your eyes, and try to remember what happened when you changed. How did you feel? This will help bring your other side to the surface.” The Professor looked to Scott sternly, telling him visually to do it. Scott submitted to his glare and laid back. He thought back to the incident. He could almost feel his neck being squeezed by Rockslide’s gargantuan fingers. His head tossed and turned on the pillow. His soul was being thrashed apart, the two sides quarreling for the win. Scott finally stopped moving, and his eyes shot open. There was that crazed look in his eye again. He smiled a crooked smile. Strangely, though, he wasn’t in his wolf form. He looked exactly like Scott.

“What do you want, Baldy?” Scott said. But, something about the way he said it didn’t sound like Scott. His voice was more deadly. There was no other way to describe it. A faint, reminiscent growl was present as he spoke.

“So,” The Professor began to interrogate him, “Scott doesn’t need to be in wolf form for you to come out?”

Scott laughed evilly and looked back to the Professor. “That little pipsqueak? He’s all bark and not bite. Speaking of bite, Why don’t I catch one while the catching’s good.” Scott moved to leap from his bed at The Professor, but couldn’t. He was pinned to his bed by some invisible force. “The Hell!? What’s going on!?”

The Professor didn’t move an inch when Scott tried to move. “You’ll find it impossible to do that, Scott. My mind can do many things, this being one of them. Now, let’s talk, shall we?”

“Don’t call me by that loser’s name!” Scott yelled angrily.

The Proessor now was interested. “Alright then, what is your name?” The Professor spoke in a comforting manner, much like a psychiatrist does when examining a patient.

Scott calmed down. “Think of me as the Yin to his Yang, the Night to his Day, The Wolf to his Sheep,” As Scott said this, fur grew from his skin and his claws extended. His fangs grew as he transformed into his Wolf Form, “Call me The Wolf.” The Wolf smiled and revealed one of his razor sharp canine teeth. “And when I get out of this mind lock, you’re first of the dinner menu, cueball.”

Professor Xavier ignored his last comment and continued his interrogation. “First off, how did you come to be?”

The Wolf smirked and chuckled. “What’s it to ya?”

Xavier was getting fed up with this insolent brat’s attitude. He began, through gritted teeth, “I need to know everything about you, Wolf. If I don’t, There is no chance for Scott. Now, I’ll ask you once more before I am forced to take drastic action. Where did you come from?”

The Wolf laughed and said, “Take your best shot.” He spit at the Professor. Professor, without moving a finger, stopped the projectile of saliva in mid-air and threw it to the side.

“You leave me no choice, Wolf.” The Professor extended his mind to The Wolf’s, invading its barriers and spreading his power.

The Wolf’s eyes burst open, his head shaking from the pain. He clenched his teeth from the strain to his mind. “Alright! Alright! I’ll talk, you overgrown billiard ball!” The Professor sat back in his chair, pleased with the results. The Wolf’s breathing slowed back to a steady norm, and he began, “I came along when that wimp took his first step outta S.H.A.R.P.. That’s when I got to have a little fun.” The Wolf smiled as he remembered his attack on the guards. “I got some good eatin’ that night.” The Wolf licked his lips in evil pleasure as he remembered the squeals of the guards. He drifted back into reality and continued his story. “I’ve been in that walking sob story ever since. Any other questions, Prof.?” He said sarcastically. Xavier was confused. Usually, split personalities are a result of some traumatic experience, or great stress.

“There was no event that kickstarted your existence? You were simply there?”

The Wolf rolled his eyes. “Yes, how many times to I have to tell you!? My DNA now exists in Scott’s genetic code. We’re forever linked, Cueball. What you do to me’ll be hurting Scott tomorrow morning. Nice job on the mind trick.” He laughed sadisticly. Of course. How could the Professor not see it before. He was using Scott’s body as his vessel. If he harmed The Wolf, he surely harmed Scott. “But,” The Wolf said, “I must admit. That little runt’s good for something, though. Boy, does he have some bottled up anger. All that stuff is like Sweet Ambrosia to me. Everytime he gets angry, it gives me a chance to stretch my legs. Well, with that, I’m off baldy. Give my regards to the dork, will ya?” He laughed once more and closed his eyes, falling back to the pillow.

A few moments passed. There was no change, except that the fur had receded and there were no more claws attached to Scott’s fingertips. Professor Xavier reached his hand over to Scott hesitantly, wondering if he was about to wake up Scott…or The Wolf. His hand shook the shoulder of the body that lay in front of him. Slowly, the boy’s eyes flickered open. He looked around akwardly before seeing the Professor peering over him. “Professor…? What did it say? Why does my head feel like an elephant danced on top of it?”

“I’m afraid that was my doing. Complications arose when dealing with your other personality. Who, by the way, is in fact a ‘He’. His name, as he said, is The Wolf.”

Scott his head and sat up in his bed. He was able to sit normally and comfortably. “So, how did he get inside me? How did he get out?” Professor Xavier went over The Wolf’s responses.

“He was embedded into the DNA that was merged with your own. It is his DNA that now is part of your genetic coding. So, he’s a part of you, and there is no way of getting rid of him without tampering with your genetic structure.” Scott hung his head. He’d be stuck with this monster inside of him for the rest of his life, and he couldn’t ever change into wolf form again. “But,” The Professor began, “There is a way to hinder him.” Scott’s hope was restored. It coursed through him once more, and he listened intenly to what the Professor would say. “I can make an attempt at merging the two of you, then create a series of mental blocks to keep him from ever resurfacing.” Scott nodded excitedly. Finally, a ray of sunshine in this dismal darkness! “It may take some time, and you’ll be out for a while. But, you should feel a lot better and you should have no problem transforming. The Wolf will be gone.” Professor Xavier smiled for the first time in the past 20 minutes. “Go ahead and lay back. It will all be over soon.” Scott nodded graciously and lay back onto his pillow, closing his eyes.
Post Edited:2007-11-21 09:54:36

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Apparition

very nice cryo!!

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Holy Crap! You read all that already!?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Apparition

yah. only the last chapter. i'd read the others before.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

lol awesome. Glad you like it. This part, as well as the last two, weren't included in CVW. And, since this is now a Fan-Fic, I may just include certain stories where I meet some of the vine characters. I can already see the beginning of when I meet Stone, if she'll allow it:

"Why are we flying to the U.K. again?" Scott asked Moonchild. Moonchild, sitting in the plane seat next to him, rolled her eyes and said,"I told you. There were reports of technology attacking local residents."

"But, can spirits posses technology?" Scott asked. Moonchild shrugged. "But that's not the only part. there are also tell-tale signs of a big demon over there. I don't know whether it's the one possessing the technology, or whether its the one fighting it."

Now Scott was intrigued. "Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Wait. You mean the possessed technology is actually fighting the demon!?" Moonchild nodded. "Seems like it. All of the people that were attacked showed signs of being possessed." She passed the information over to Scott and looked above the seats to search for the flight attendant.

Something along those lines =D

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Thanks! That'll obviously come after I meet Moonchild...which is going to be my favorite part by far to write, I just know it.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Apparition

i like it :)

but i always liked your writing.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

OMG YES! I have lots of stuffs...a few hints: a death, Moonchild, and time-travel.....plus, a return from the past accompanies a new discovery.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Apparition

that's one of the things i love most about writing. anticipation. you have things thought out in advance and just get so excited about that great scene you know is coming up :)

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

I even have the ending figured out. But, that's a ways off =]

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Apparition

very cool! i love coming up with beautiful scenes and then working to tie them all together. it's sooooooo much fun!

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Apparition

well dont tell me. i want to be surprised :)

Zaraki Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zaraki Ichigo

Me want more. Ugh!

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Well, I thought it would be good to post it here.....since this is the cover art for this story. Hope you all like it, I'll talk more about it in my Art thread, but here it is =D

Post Edited:2007-10-21 10:55:57

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vrakmul

You should draw and write for a living Cyro. You are one awesome writer.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

I've been thinking about being a writer...but artist? Nah...I'll leave that shtuff to the big guys....like B or EGoD or Z.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vrakmul

Cryo-Wolf says:

"I've been thinking about being a writer...but artist? Nah...I'll leave that shtuff to the big guys....like B or EGoD or Z."

Nonsense You draw exellently.

Zaraki Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zaraki Ichigo

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Well, I thought it would be good to post it here.....since this is the cover art for this story. Hope you all like it, I'll talk more about it in my Art thread, but here it is =D"

Nice Cryo. Good job at keeping the characters from looking stationary, the multiple poses gives off a sense of independence for the characters despite it being a group shot.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Ok, people. I know it may not look it, but I just revamped all of the Chronicles and replaced the old ones with the new proofread ones. Plus I changed a little something. Instead of Tony Stark, SHARP was created by Tom Dark.....DUNDUNDA!!!!!!! (That was a failed attempt at dramatic twist music)

Most other things are the same....I just added like maybe a few sentences. But feel free to read them if you want.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Mini Chronicle #1: Way of the Witch

Every tree seemed to make a sound. The forest enclosed around Bobby as he raced for his life. Every muscle ached in his body, but he knew he had to keep going. The sound of padded feet was a monotone in his mind, constantly throbbing on the edge of his sanity. The raspy fall leaves laughed at the inevitable. His eyes darted through the trees. Everywhere he looked he saw it, or at least some part of it: a tail like a jagged knife, teeth glaring in the moonlight, or eyes of pure hellfire. Bobby looked ahead and saw the edge of the forest. A ray of light in the eternal darkness of the forest. Seconds to go, only seconds to go before salvation. The ground punched Bobby in the face as he landed. He had tripped over a tree root he regretably hadn't noticed before. He grimaced and tried to get up when he hear it. A growl so unearthly, so demonic, he hoped it was just his stomach. He turned in horror to see the bear-like form glaring down at him. Its fur was as black as the darkest night, its eyes were a burning red, and pure fire loosed itself from the beast's nostrils. Bobby knew he was staring into the face of death. The beast's lips curled back into a snarl. The jaws that were twice the size of Bobby snapped open and lashed outward.

“Ms. Darkmage? Ms. Darkmage, I asked you a question.”

Verona Darkmage looked up from the interesting horror novel she had buried her nose in. Her jet black hair was tied back into two buns on her head, with a few strands hanging down in front. She wore a black t-shirt with a skull on it that came down to her midsection, and a purple plaid skirt, complete with chain link wallet on her right side. Purple and black striped knee-high socks led down to heavy black boots. Her dark eyeliner matched her dark lipstick as well as the piercing's on her left eyebrow and right nostril. A spiked choker wrapped around her neck completed her dark and dismal look. “Did you say something?” she said in an accidental rude tone. A few of the other kids in the classroom began to snicker. Mr. Burns, Verona's Literature teacher, grew agitated.

“As a matter of fact, young lady, I did!” Mr. Burns noticed the book clutched in Verona's hands and snatched it into his own. “Hellhound from Hell. How thrilling. Pity it's not Macbeth, the play we're studying!” Mr. Burns threw the book onto his desk and turned back to Verona. “That is the seventh time this week, Verona. I can't withhold punishment any longer. Here's a hall pass. Head for the Principal's Office.” Mr. Burns held up a hot pink hall pass for Verona to take.

Great, Verona thought. Annoyed, She rolled her eyes and shoved her books in her messenger bag, the numerous buttons on her bag clinking as she went. She slung the strap over her shoulder and strode to the front of the class. She grabbed the hall pass, but Mr. Burns didn't let go.

He drew her in close and whispered, “If you don't start shaping up, Verona, I'll have to fail you.”

“Whatever.” Taking the pass from Mr. Burns, she slammed the door to class behind her and made her way to the Principal's Office. As she sat on the bench outside the Principal's Office, she took out the book Mr. Burns had so rudely taken from her. She had slipped it into back into her bag when Mr. Burns was stating his final lecture. She opened it up and was lost again in the world of a hellhound let loose in the countryside of England.

“Don't tell me you're reading those Horror novels again, Verona!” Verona slowly looked up from her book to see the rather young form of Ms. Peters, the Prinicpal standing over her. “No wonder Mr. Burns sent you here.” She said with a sigh. “C'mon in. We'll talk.” Verona slapped her book shut. This had been the norm for almost three weeks now. It wasn't her fault. School was just boring. Pretty soon Verona was lost in another one of Ms. Peters speeches about paying attention in class. Verona had heard it so many times, she could mouth out each word by heart.

Now it was time for a little fun. Focusing every bit of her mind on Ms. Peters hair, she thought. She thought, long, and she thought hard. Soon, her usually bright blue eyes now had a slight violet hue, making them seem otherworldly. At first it was merely a twitch, but after a while, Ms. Peters hair began floating upwards, giving it the rather humorous look of being staticly charged. It was telekinesis. Verona was born with it. It had always made her different from the other kids on the playground, which is why she stayed inside alot. Books became her only companions. Their stories freed her from the torment of the other children. Now, at the sight of Ms. Peters electriied hair, Verona couldn't help but giggle.

Ms. Peters immediately stopped her speech. “Is something funny to you, Verona?” Verona quickly stopped giggling and the violet hue fled from her eyes. She had alot of respect for Ms. Peters, and didn't like to get her angry.

“Look,” Verona began, “I'm sorry, but I just got that book yesterday and it was really interesting! I'm already half done with it! Besides, it's more interesting than some play about witches and a Scottish king.”

Ms. Peters looked surprised. “Verona, you of all people should know that witches and witchcraft are key elements in the history of our town. Why be ashamed of it?”

Verona rolled her eyes. “We all know how this is going to end. Just give me detention and send me home from school, ok?” Ms. Peters already had the detention slip in her hand. She stamped it and handed it over to Verona.

“If that's what you want. I'll call your parents now.” Ms. Peters turned and began dialing Verona's parents. Verona got up and walked through the quiet halls of Salem High School. Soon, she sat solemnly on the stony front steps, the music of Evanescence blaring in her ears. Her head rested in her right hand and she looked dismally to the fall landscape before her. Some pumpkins were still leftover from Halloween a few weeks earlier, and mounds of leaves the color of fire lay scattered across the streets. It was a typical fall in Salem, Massachusetts. The only thing she could hear over Sweet Sacrifice was the annoying sound of the final bell. Students of all ages came running out from the double doors behind her, many of them looking and laughing at her. Even if she didn't see them, she knew they were laughing. They always did. Once the chaos faded, she saw her ride in front of her. It was the most embarrasing ride in all of Salem. Maybe even in the whole state. It was one of those tye-dye Volkswagen hippie vans that should've been left in the 60's. In the driver's seat Verona could see her mother waving hysterically out the window for her. Showing no emotion whatsoever, Verona got up and walked to the sore thumb on wheels. The door slammed shut, and immediately she was showered in hugs and kisses from her mother.

“Mom!” She yelled, “Mom, please! You're giving me a complex!” Verona shoved her mother aside and sunk into the chair, trying to make sure no one saw her in this monstrosity.

“I told you dear. Mom is a name given by the establishment to hinder the potential of the women of this country. Please, call me by my true name: Honeydew.” Verona's mother was in no way like Verona. She had bright orange hair, which almost always fell over a brown headband. Her face was a mass of freckles. A brown fringed vest was worn over a green and yellow tye-dye shirt. Her bell bottom jeans looked ancient. Verona's mother was a living time capsule to the 60's, in both the way she dressed and her mindset.

Verona put on a sarcastic smile and said as her mother started driving, “Alright, 'Honeydew'. How 'bout we just head home so no one else can see us in this trash heap.”

Honeydew, without looking from the rose began, “Verona, dear, we need to talk about these novels you've been reading. They're distracting you from your studies. While I support your independence, I think you should maybe pay a little more attention in school. And I mean really, sweetie. Hellhounds? Vampires? Those are such dismal things. Why not read about flowers and butterflies?”

“And how about cute little puppy dogs while I'm at it?” Verona added sarcastically. Honeydew smiled and nodded.

“That's more like it, dear. I'm glad we could have this conversation. Now, when we get home, I'm going to begin on my soy and tofu pasta with vegetarian meatballs.”

Verona rolled her eyes. Every day she wondered how she had been born into this family. Her only ray of darkness in this blinding light of a family was the small occult book shop she and her mother owned. It was on the first floor of the old house in which they lived. It was her paradise in a world she didn't belong in. Her days were spent pouring over the many horror and mystery novels in the shop, and every book that was sold was always read by Verona first. Her mother always insisted to sell something other than the dark and gloomy books they had, but Verona always managed to convine her that then it wouldn't be an Occult book shop. She also managed to get across the point that they did live in Salem: The witching capitol of the U.S.. Salem was the ideal place to own an Occult bookstore. That usually won her over.

Verona was the first to jump from the van and run to the house, making sure no one saw her leave the hippie rustbucket. She ran through the front door and was engulfed in a mass of dust covered books. Her true home. Her combat boots gave the impression of bringing the entire house down as she bounded up the stairs.

“I love you, Verona! Assert your independence and don't give in to the establishment!” Honeydew called from the foot of the stairs. She left to take up her spot at the counter.

Verona passed the second floor, which held the kitchen, bathroom her mother's room and a living room. It was the only part of the house that had been truly refurbished to look like an actual home. Verona always hated using this analogy, but her house was like a layered cake. The bottom and top layers were the rickety old house that was there when they bought th house, then the middle floor was the cream filling layer, which was all her mother's doing.

Verona made it to the third loor, which was entirely her own. She reached it by opening up a hatch in the floor. The one light in the room was the light coming from the countless open windows, dust flying about in its golden light. One of the four walls hled a closet, but the other four were bookcases, which held her own personal collection of novels. The very best. Her four windows let her look over all of Salem, and the seemingly endless woods surrounding her house. Verona fell to the bed and dug Hellhound from Hell from her bag. She was almost done with. A few more chapters and she would know the fate of the five junior camp counselors that mistakenly summoned the brutal beast. After a half an hour she shut the book. She lay breathless on her bed, still reeling from the climactic ending of the book. The five counselors were killed and the Hellhound got loose, free to kill to feed its ravenous hunger. It left her in suspense for Hellhound from Hell 2: Hellhound meets the Wolf-Man, the sequel to the book which she luckily had. Using her telekinesis, she floated the book over to a bookcase and pulled out the sequel.

In mid-air, a raven outside her window cawed, causing her to lose concentration. The heavy book fell to the floor with a crash and the sound of splitting wood. Verona ran to the window, only to see the raven still sitting inches from her window sill. Its cold, dead eye stared into her own. The black stare transfixed her for a moment, searching the very confines of her soul. Then, as quickly as it had appeared, the raven flew up into the violet sky of dusk. Verona shook her head. She didn't know what had just happened, and she didn't exactly want to know. Holding her head, she moved over to the book that had just crashed a hole in the floor. “Oh man...” She said as she carefully lifted the book, “That's gonna leave a mark.” She threw the book onto her bed and began getting up when something caught her eye. A shimmer of gold gleamed in the fresh hole. Curiosity took hold of her limbs and she reached down into the hole, not knowing what she'd find. Her fingers felt the faint shape of a book. Her face lit up. A book! Maybe it was about werewolves, or vampires, or zombies! She quickly yanked the book out of the hole, sending a few more splinters flying.

The book was dust ridden, and she could barely read what was on the cover. She blew onto the surface, scattering the dust and splinters of wood. She marveled at what she saw. It was a huge, black leatherbound book. Underneath the gold lock that held it shut, a silver Pentagram stared up at her. This wasn't just an ordinary book. There were rumors of Verona's house being the home to witches before they were burned at the stake, and now Verona believed that this book was a Grimoire, a witch's book of spells. “Wicked...” She said, disbelievingly. She moved to open the lock, but she drew back her hand. This book wasn't like her other ones. This book was too special. It needed to be opened in a special space. Verona knew just the space.

Verona's bike sped down the streets of Salem as fast as it would carry her. Her hair was a black and purple streak flying behind her. She was going so fast, the two buns it had been in had come undone. In the bike's basket lay the Grimoire and her bag. Soon, the smell of the ocean wafted to greet and, her she sped through the streets toward Salem's Neck, a peninnsula in Salem. Verona flew through the dirt pathways of Salem Willows Park. The trees watched her every move, the wind aiding them in whispering their gossip. She ignored their watchful stares and continued to the Water's edge. She skidded her bike to s stop and viwed breathlessly the scene before her.The trees gave way to cool sandy beaches, ultimately leading to the briny waters of the Atlantic. The waves lapped against the sands slowly, calming the soul. It was a cloudless, starry night. The crescent moon hone brightly in the night sky, and the crisp ocean breeze tickled Verona's face. It was her favorite place in Salem, where she would go to get away from everything and eveyone.

Verona picked her bag and the grimoire from the basket and let the bike fall to the ground. Her bag was slung over her shoulder as she walked along the sands to the Jetty. She placed the Grimoire under her arm for a second to fix her hair. It was mangled from the speedy ride there. She managed to get it untangled and let it simply fall straight around her shoulders. It always did this when she wore her hair down, but a part of her hair managed o fall over her left eye, and no matter how many times she moved it away, it would always fall back into place.

Verona finally reached the end of the Jetty. She sat down, laying her bag in front of her then resting the Grimoire on top of it. She drew in a deep breath and pressed the lock, springing open the Grimoire. A ray of violet light shot upwards into the heavens, then ceased as abruptly as it had began. Once the lights were gone from Verona's eyes, she viewed the inside cover. In old script and black ink, it read, 'This book belongs to The Mystik.'

“The Mystik?” She said aloud. The trees fluttered in their whispers and the spray of the sea spoke at the mention of the name. Verona looked around then looked back at the book. “Spooky.” She said with a grin. She turned the first page. Blank Page. That's odd, She thought. She turned the next page. Blank Page. Blank Page, Blank Page, Blank Page. The whole book was blank. She looked at the book, disgusted. “What the heck is this thing useul for anyways!?” She let out an angry breath and let her head fall into her hand. She looked away, but a shimmering in her lap caused her to look back to the book. Symbols began forming in black ink on the page, etched onto the page in golden light. Surprisingly, she could read them. They weren't letters of the Alphabet, no, far from it. She had the impulse to read them, and so she did.

Esto tae tatum pero espucci vendora. Necrola lamentia Nevandum Prime!” As she spoke, the wind picked up, ripping leaves from the trees and swirling them around her. The waves turned into swells, crashing onto the Jetty with tremendous fury. Verona's hair whipped around her. She held up her hands to shield herself from the maelstrom around her and the pages of the Grimoire began flipping savagely. Verona honestly thought she was going to die. Then, as quickly as it had began, it stopped. Her hair fell back to her shoulders and the book's pages settled to show the inside cover. Verona looked around, but nothing had happened. It was just a squall.

Then a glint of white fell onto the Grimoire. As she looked closwer, another fell, and another. She looked up to see the flakes of white drifting down from the sky. It was snowing. It was actually snowing! It was verging on the first week of December, and now, what a December it would be! But, had she caused this? Was she the reason it was snowing? Some part o her wanted to believe it. Then, a sudden spell of drowsiness came over her. Whatever she had done, it took a lot out of her. She got up with her bag and shut the Grimoire, walking wearily to her bike. As she stepped off the Jetty, she fell asleep onto the welcoming sands.

The next morning, Verona woke to uncommon white light shining in her room. She whipped off the sheets to reveal she was in her pajamas, something she didn't remember doing the night before. Nor did she remember getting home. She ran to the wndow and tripped on the hole in her floor. Quickly making a mental note to fix the hole, she got up and clung to her window sill. Outside, a world of untouched white blinded her. Everywhere you looked, there was snow. She smiled and fled down to the second floor, hoping he would have no school.

“Yes, you have school dear.” Her mother said as she entered the kitchen. “Would you like me to drive you to school, Verona?”

“No!” Verona quickly responded, “I mean...You don't have to.” She tied her hair up in a bun and sat down at the kitchen tale to have breakfast. As she ate her Booberry cereal, she noticed a Weather Report on the televsion:

And in weather, a suden overnight blizzard, as it seems, has hit the entire Eastern seaboard this morning. Officials say they don't know what caused the sudden downfall of winter onto the East Coast, and simply that it was a freak of Nature. The storm began in Northern Massachusetts and quickly spread along the coast, even reaching Florida. More on this story as it develops. Trisha, back to you.

Verona was frozen, her spoon halfway to her mouth. She dropped the poon into the bowl and lay back into her chair. “Is something wrong, my flower?” Honeydew ased. “Nothing.” Verona said amazed. She knew what had happened. She had caused the storm. Her. The little Goth Girl from Salem, Massachusetts caused a blizzard that blanketed the entire east coast. Even more exciting-she had cast spell. An actual spell. From a spellbook. Her mind was still reeling as she walked through the snow to school.

At her locker, she took out the Grimoire and laid it in her locker. Who knew what other secrets it held? Today, she wore baggy black cargo jeans, a black T-shirt with air guitars crossed in an X on it, and the same jewelry and make up as yesterday. Her hair fell over her right eye. Verona eyed the Grimoire in her locker and knew she had to look in it one more time. Grabbing it, she opened the lock. This time, thank God, there was no violet light. As she flipped through the pages, she noticed the 'spell' from last night was gone. Verona was very intelligent, and she had read many books, so she thought she had it figured out: It only showed a spell when the reader wanted or need it.

“Hey, V.”

Verona slammed the Grimoire shut, locking it at the sound of the voice. She threw it into her locker and turned around to face the muscular form of her boyfriend standing before her. He smiled a smile that made her go weak at the knees. His black muscle shirt fir his form perfectly, and even in this cold weather, he wore black and red cargo shorts with a pair of combat boots matching her own. His black spiked hair had tips dyed red. He wrapped his tan arms around her as she did the same to him. She gave him a kiss on the lips and said:

“Hey Damien.”

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GL Bertron

Damn fine job man.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

lol thanks. Did people get the end part there? Damien?

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Chameleone

Bumpity