Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er

The Bengal and San Francisco Samurai

Petaluma, California

Two old men sit on a park bench near a duck pond. One has white hair and a strongjaw, Bud Wash, wearing khakis and a white, collared San Francisco 48ers shirt. He pulls some bread out of his pocket and feeds it to the ducks. The other man has black, balding hair and a permanent scowl, Alan Davison, wearing large coke bottle glasses and a black Oakland Marauders track suit.

"How are your Marauders going to do this year?" Bud politely asks his friend.

"Ha! Better than your 48ers, Bud" Alan snarls "The Marauders just win, Buddy!"

Bud smiles "Hmm. Maybe." Then deciding it best to change the subject he asks "Have you been reading up on all this super hero drama in the news?"

Alan scowled "They showed up back in 88. Isn't that the year you retired? After your 48ers won the big one?"

Bud nodded.

"Damn super heroes. World was a better place before they showed up." Alan said.

"They're not so bad. The San Francisco Samurai has saved a lot of innocent people." Bud said.

"Always going on about that Samurai." Alan interrupted. "You know the one I like is the Bengal. He helps people on my turf, Oakland, not just saving the rich snobs of San Francisco. He ain't afraid to go to extremes to take down the bad guys either."

"The Samurai helps out in Oakland too. Wherever he's needed. I read he works with the Bengal, splitting up duties." said Bud "You know, I saw him once."

"The Samurai?" asked Alan.

Bud nodded. "It was on Mission Street. The Stained Glass Man was slaughtering people in the street. His 'holy war' against the 'sinners' of San Francisco." Bud explained.

"Wasn't he made out of glass?" Alan asked.

"Stained glass, yes." said Bud "He could manipulate his body how he wanted and throw shards of glass at people. He claimed the angels in the glass spoke to him. From where I stood they looked more like demons than angels." Bud paused before saying "There was blood in the street."

"Shit! I'm sorry Bud." said Alan.

"That Stained Glass Man was walking toward a young Asian woman. She was frozen with fear. His claws grew larger. I ran up and grabbed her but I was too late. That monster stood about nine feet tall, right in front of us. We were dead." Bud gulped then continued "Then the San Francisco Samurai's sword cut him in half. Saved both of us. They fought for a while after that but the Samurai just out classed the Stained Glass Man."

"Hmph!" Alan grunted "Yeah, I'm glad he saved you and that girl, Bud, but the Samurai should have finished the job. Now Stained 'ass' Man is sitting in a cell in the Alcatraz Underwater Super Villain Prison. Just biding his time. That's my problem with most of these 'heroes'. They don't end these super villains."

"But the Bengal does." said Bud, knowing where his friend was going.

"Exactly!" said Alan. "Remember last year? That giant robot that wanted to blow up the Marauders Coliseum?"

"Ro-Babylon? The super hero who turned evil?" asked Bud.

"No. That was at Candlelight Park. The other giant robot." said Alan.

"Oh, right. You mean the Terror Truck." said Bud.

"Yeah. That was the one." said Alan. "Well after the Bengal went beast mode on Terror Truck I heard he took his Bengal grenade launcher and shoved it up Terror Trucks exhaust pi.."

Bud grimaced "Not sure I heard that version. I thought he just shot him up with his M60, Pigsy."

"Well either way, you'll never hear from Terror 'Trash' again." Alan spat.

"Each hero has his own way I suppose. I heard there's even a super hero here in small town Petaluma." said Bud.

"Ha ha ha!! The Rooster?" Alan cackled "What's his super power again? The ability to wake up everyone in this hick town at the crack of dawn?"

Both men began laughing.

Just then, on cue, a loud "Cock-A-Doodle-Doooo!!!" rang out across the town of Petaluma, followed by the angry protests from sleep weary civillians.

Bud looked at his watch. "Well old friend, I think it's time to get back."

Alan spat "Yeah, yeah! Don't want to piss off the Commissioner of Heaven."

Bud smiled.

Both men faded away.

to be continued

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 Hope this fits your universe. Any feedback is welcome. Also, hope it meets the deadline. You said every Thursday. It's 9 p.m. Thursday here in Cali.

Just a few call outs. @cbishop@impurestcheese@joygirl I never do call outs and I don't know that many users besides you guys. Again, any feedback is welcome.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@stumpy49er: Just an extended conversation, but it's not bad setup.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@stumpy49er: seems the west coast has an abundance of super heroes; some excellent names btw way, may borrow a couple if I may

My guess is super powered angels :) Good start, look forward to next week

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By stumpy49er

@batkevin74 Please use any character you like. That goes for any one else writing in the CRANK universe. Just let me know before you kill them. ;)

I also have to ask batkevin74, is it cool if I change the title for the next one? I'm going to make this a team story and want to add more characters down the road. Plus, I don't like the title The Bengal and San Francisco Samurai. It'll still be the same story and characters, just different title.

As for the super powered angels? No. But I totally just realized how much religious references I have in this story. Maybe I just have Pope fever. Which is strange since I'm agnostic.

As for those two old guys, they probably won't be in any more stories. They're based on real life people, Bill Walsh of the 49ers and Al Davis of the Raiders, who were friends in real life. I just always wanted to write a story with them sitting at a bench commenting on the world around them.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@stumpy49er: Asian should have a capital letter, as for the story the character names were brilliant. Hope the inovation continues as the story continues

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: It's easy to edit this title and future titles, just use the full edit button and make it whatever you want to call it. Or make this a one-shot and start anew on issue one of the (insert team title here) Coz if these "angel/phantoms" arn't coming back it does make this a bit odd.

Agnostic means you know somethings there, you just don't care. Like me.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stumpy49er
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumped

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good lord you came up with some brilliant names for superheroes in this universe. The Stained Glass Man being my personal favourite. Wouldn't mind using him if I'm allowed. But yeah. Good issue. Just two guys sitting on a bench discussing the madness of their universe. Really nice stuff.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Thank you.

Yeah, I actually enjoy lending my characters out. Right now Stained Glass Man is sitting in Alcatraz Underwater Complex. Which actually I originally called Alcatraz Underwater Super Villain Prison in this, but I figure can be explained that two old guys might get a few names wrong from time to time. I do think it should be easy enough for him to escape. Super villain prisons have a high escape percentage. ;) PM if you do use him.