batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Part 1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-gunship-1-1715186/#3

No Caption Provided

“Okay, I’m going to read some questions off the Tweeter feed, which is @Remusliveznn,” Remus Philman smiled. “Here we go. From @irenecheese how much can you lift?”

Gunship shrugged. “I don’t really know. I once held the Empire State Building up after Grand Mammoth knocked it over.”

“That was 2002, as my producer has just whispered in my ear,” Remus laughed. “WOW! Was it heavy?”

“Very.”

“Okay. This comes from @bishoplovesff, where do they get these names, okay, who is better the original Blue Bobcat or the new Blue Bobcat? Wasn’t he killed?”

“Yes, yes he was,” Gunship said quietly. Remus looked around as he could see his guest going silent.

“Okay, next one from @hitmetommy, why does Panopticons merchandise cost so much?”

“Because it’s made here in America in our manufacturing plants in Arkansas and Mississippi, from America materials, providing American jobs,” Gunship said and the crowd erupted in a wave of stimulated patriotism. “Yes forty dollars is too much for an action figure, but from each sale it does help our country, our community and our economy.”

“I’m going to buy one right now!” Remus declared. “The website is www…it’s on the screen? It’s on the screen! We’ll be right back after these messages.”

Schlagen looked at the three Bow Brothers; Mike, Mark and Mick. “I need you three to launch me.”

“What’s in it for us?” they said in creepy unison.

“What do you want?” asked Schlagen.

“Million dollars,” said Mike.

“Each,” added Mark.

“Before we do anything,” finished Mick.

“I could just squish you all into one,” growled Schlagen menacingly. The trio gulped.

“How about you just owe us,” they said.

“Your powers, like mine, have been affected by the food and water in this place,” Schlagen said. “Which is why I go on regular fasts. This week was one of them. Between the three of you, you should be able to launch me over the wall.”

“What about,” said Mike.

“The goalkeeper system?” added Mark.

“Bang bang bang,” Mick pointed his fingers up at the open sky.

“Just be ready to launch me in five minutes,” Schlagen said. “And god help you if you throw me into a wall.”

“So who is in the Panopticons? Every time I look around there’s someone new!” Remus laughed.

“We have a core of five plus some associates,” said Gunship. “It is myself, Stunning Girl, Blue Bobcat, Tigarayan and Shadowave. Recently Captain Scorpian was with…”

“Wasn’t he a villain?”

“Yes and no,” Gunship said. “It’s a convoluted story but essentially Captain Scorpian is from a reversed universe. This Captain…”

“You mean there’s an evil version of you! WOW!” Remus exclaimed. “Now that’s a scary idea!”

Gunship nodded “It could be me right now.”

Remus’ smile evaporated like water on a hot oily frypan, unsure of what to say or where to look in a rare moment of flusterment. “We’ll, wow, we’ll be um, back after a word from our sponsors.”

Schlagen walked over to a bench in the yard and pointed at a portly Hispanic man picking his teeth. “You owe me cigarettes, wetback.”

“You talking to me, you stupid sausage sucking prick?”

“Seems you’re deaf as well as fat,” growled Schlagen. “Now pay up!”

Schlagen stepped forward to be met by the man and in a display you’d see on the nature channel they circled each other.

“SCHLAGEN! VARGAS!” bellowed a guard as he wandered over to them. “Separate, NOW!”

Schlagen shot an arm out and grabbed the guard by the throat. “No. Thanks Vargas, you still owe me smokes though.”

“No problems homes,” Vargas chuckled. “See you soon when you get your head kicked in by one of them capes.”

Schlagen took off across the yard, guard under his arm as sirens and whistles filled the air. He charged towards the three Bow Brothers. Their powers were that of elasticity. Here in prison it had been dampened down but with some effort they had entangled and stretched their arms into a trampoline tapestry. Schlagen hit them like a truck, and then was catapulted up and away. With a deft throw Schlagen tossed the guard before him activating the goalkeeper system, which was the same type of weaponry used on US battleships to take out enemy missiles. The seventy bullets a second ripped through the guard and Schlagen sailed through a cloud of bloody mist in the direction of ZNN.

The inmates of the Emil Sandberg Memorial SuperMax Prison on Shooters Island erupted in applause that nearly deadened the sounds of sirens that sent the complex into lockdown.

To be continued same time, if not sooner, next week.....see you there!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm really digging how this universe seems to have settled into the idea of super heroics and the madness that comes with it. Gunship casually talking about parallel universes put a smile on my face and what's best of all is that it fits with the story I had in mind. Also really liked Remus and thought it was cleve of you to use the interview to give us a rundown of how powerful Gunship is.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: @impurestcheese: Well you all write enough to get some recognition :)

Since super people have been around since 1988 the world at large has had a chance to get use to them, they're kinda celebrities/movie star status. In my head Gunship is like John Cena as Superman, very good at what his job, does the charity thing but doesn't like the extra $h!+ that goes along with it

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: Oh, cool! I will read this later- going to bed shortly. Missed the first one- callouts man, callouts! :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Yeah you're now fictional :) As for callouts, see #1 for that

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: So a flaw in the Goalkeeper system is that it can only stop one "ball" at a time- okay. With the flaw exposed, seems there should be a major, multiple breakout attempt in the future. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Well either exploited or fixed...but being a government dept

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers