batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Previous chapters in the box below

No Caption Provided

“What I’m saying is that when Chernobyl was attacked in 1986 it caused a rip in the fabric which allowed myth to cross over into our reality. See before 1986 there were no super people per se. Sure Jesus, if you believe that, possibly Joan of Arc, Gandhi, maybe Mengele, but prior to the nuclear disaster, no powers.”

Remus Philman nodded and lapped up every word that Georgiano Soukalous, alien enthusiastic and online sensation, sprouted.

“So Chernobyl was attacked?” Remus asked.

“Yes,” Georgiano said matter-of-factly. “My team and I have scoured the site in the Ukraine and the evidence we’ve gathered prove without a shadow of a doubt that mythical beings…”

“Demons?” Remus prodded.

“Yours words not mine Remus,” Georgiano said. “My ongoing lawsuits with a certain International singing religion prevent me from saying what you just said. But essentially yes. This attack brought about the age of the super powered. From 1986 onwards people, almost gods, have popped up. Gunship. Doctor Falcon. Malletina. Grand Mammoth.”

“Gunship is a god?”

“What is a god Remus?” Georgiano asked looking deep into the host of Remus Live!’s eyes. “He can fly. He’s impervious to harm. He can fire laser things. He is strong beyond imagining. I’d say he’s a god. Malletina came from Denmark where they held an annual festival to raise the battle hammer of the Norse god Tyr. Norse. God.”

“And Doctor Falcon?”

“Every god has a nemesis. Satan. Loki. Kali.” Georgiano brushed back his extreme hair.

“Wow!” exclaimed Remus as he tried to process the madness.

“Either that or aliens.”

Shadowave stood looking at the mega-board of all the potential candidates for membership in The Panopticons. He also looked at the large amount of sponsorship deals tied within the current team. The sponsors knew that occasionally team members would be rested but having both Gunship and now Blue Bobcat on the sidelines would make them jumpy. He clicked on the image of Captain Scorpian bringing up his profile. Ramar was capable, reliable...and the doppelganger of the evil version. Bringing a villain, even though he wasn’t, onto the team would be bad publicity and bad business, plus a massive security risk.

“I miss the days where all I had to do was stand on a roof and follow the sirens,” he sighed as he saw a private message pop up. “Elian Wiard?”

Shadowave scanned the message before opening up the voice file. “This Elian. Tim, I have…Captain Scorpion here. He says he’s the good version of the bad guy but I need some help on that. I’m not in any real danger…at least I hope I’m not. He’s looking for a new suit. I don’t work for bad guys, they never pay. So if you could let me know if this is all good, or at least come find my body if he is the bad one. Thanks Tim.”

“Hmmm,” Shadowave tapped his lips as he thought about it.

Gunship stood on the top of Mount McKinley glaring at the car thief. Moments earlier he’d stared down the Northern Guard, leaving before either he lost patience with Brunswick or one of the younger members did something stupid.

“What are you going to do to me?” shivered the thief as he stood on the snow covered peak.

“You are going to spend twenty four hours here thinking about your poor life choices,” Gunship said sternly. “You can climb down but it’s about 20,000 feet to the ground.”

“I’m sorry,” he chattered.

“Good,” Gunship said as he took off. “See you tomorrow.”

Blue Bobcat held onto the roof of the fleeing car as it sped through the Chicago streets, hotly pursued by three police cars. Bobcat punched through the windshield and hauled out the passenger. “This is why we wear seatbelts!” he said as he tossed the masked robber from the car watching him slam through a window into a bedding shop.

Bullets ripped through the roof but he expertly rolled away and in through the window and sat next to the driver. “Hi! You should pull over.”

The driver turned his gun on the azure hero. Quick as his namesake he slammed the gun upwards with his left hand and elbowed the dash with his right elbow activating the airbag. The massive white balloon expanded filling the car as he rammed his knee up activating the hand brake bringing the car to a sudden crunching stop. The driver smashed into the steering wheel, his airbag went off slamming back and like that the chase was over. Bobcat shook his head clear then pooped the bags with his finger claws. Police swarmed the car, guns cocked and ready.

“All good boys. Blue Bobcat’s on the case.”

Doctor Falcon looked at the box he’d built and turned to Wolfrazer who had been watching him like a hawk. “Is there a nuclear reactor here in Mexico?”

To be continued same time, if not sooner, next week.....see you there!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: Interesting origin (theory) for your characters. Nice.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Hmm I saw no evidence for an attack from the photos my dad showed me when he went to Chernobyl but who knows. And no not Laguna Verde, you keep away Doctor Falcon

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Well your dad visited OUR Chernobyl, over in Crank-land it's a way different story...maybe your dad caused the explosion causing the rip that super-powered the Crankverse! Ever ponder that?

@cbishop said:

@batkevin74: Interesting origin (theory) for your characters. Nice.

Thanks, thought it to be a reasonably plausible crackpot theory that may or may not be the case

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Doubt it, he visited in 2007. And while he is a nuclear engineer he wouldn't cause a meltdown...I hope

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: It would make your crackpot more interesting if he was right, kind of like the guy who had been probed in Independence Day, but made victory possible at the end. But sometimes a crackpot is just a crackpot, and keeping the readers guessing is a good thing. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Doubt it, he visited in 2007. And while he is a nuclear engineer he wouldn't cause a meltdown...I hope

Time flows differently through the mutliverse. 2007 here could be 1986 there...I think we've found our cause

@cbishop said:

@batkevin74: It would make your crackpot more interesting if he was right, kind of like the guy who had been probed in Independence Day, but made victory possible at the end.

They are actually after you and you are STILL paranoid :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Hmm, I think a different person would be the route cause since she went as far as the edge of the exclusion zone with him...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: Argh, that ancient aliens guy.

Blue Bobcat had some good action in this one.

Dr. Falcon's planning something big. Or just terrible.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Dr. Falcon's planning something big. Or just terrible. It's a little bit of both

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Jeez! Seems like a harsh punishment for a car thief. Provided he doesn't freeze to death there's a chance he could end up starving. Again, though. It's little things that help make this series. Such as the opening section with that lunatic giving his theories on super powers. Good stuff.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: It's like bank robbers vs Superman; he catches them, bends their guns around their hands or wraps a telegraph pole around them and buggers off. Kinda the same with Gunship because if he hits a normal person, that normal person gets turned into paste.

And yeah nutcase alien guy is just like the nutcase alien guy from our universe who thinks aliens are here