CRANK: Gunship #12

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Part 10: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-gunship-10-1720909/#15/

Part 11: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-gunship-11-1721528/#12

No Caption Provided

“..ttle later on in the week. But now we talk to Professor Ian Woolf about his book, Gunship: How He Re-Wrote Science As We Know It. Welcome Professor,”

“Thank you, thank you.”

“Your book is amazing may I just say,”

Professor Woolf smiled. “And it’s all true.”

“Now, you first met Gunship in…”

“It was about June 1988 after he, well debuted, to the world after saving President Reagan from that inferno that engulfed the presidents train.”

“A truck bomb or something?”

“Urban terrorism actually,” Woolf corrected. “Afterwards he came to me to essentially ask for help.”

“I find it hard that someone like Gunship would need help.”

“We all need help at times Clayton,” the Professor said. “Gunship was looking for answers on what he was. And by allowing me to study him, if only for a short time, re-wrote science.”

“What do you mean?”

“Gunship’s skin is a new element called Herculinium. Its properties have opened entire new avenues of science because essentially it shouldn’t exist. It would be like finding a unicorn.”

“A unicorn,” scoffed Clayton.

“From the small samples we managed to retrieve, herculinium is light like lithium, as a malleable as gold and is about nine times as dense as osmium yet a naturally occurring element. And after discovering herculinium we found ultimonium. These new elements are simply miraculous and virtually impossible, yet these things exist.”

“I bet a few bad guys wish Gunship didn’t exist,” Clayton joked. “And you’re doing a signing for us today?”

“Yes, after here I’ll be in your lobby signing copies.”

“And there’s a charity…?”

“Part of the proceeds from my book goes to the Panopticons Foundation and also my own science scholarship program.”

“I have to ask Professor, are you Gunship?”

Professor Woolf smiled and shook his head. “Good gracious no. If you look on the back page there’s a picture of the two of us together.”

“Could be an edited picture Professor,” Clayton inferred.

“Rest assured I’m a simply an old scientist who wrote a book. I’ll leave the heroics to the Panopticons.”

“Thank you for your time Professor. Next up on Forx & Friends, weather.”

“And I said we got this!” snapped Steamtank, the leader of the San Diego Five. He was angry because the Panopticons had just invaded his territory.

“How about you and the other retarded children run along,” sneered Blue Bobcat at the other members; Oceanside, Father Freeze, Stingsaber, and Buffalo-Girl, with contempt.

“That’s enough Bobcat,” ordered Shadowave as he stepped between the two. “We…”

“This is our town and we’ll handle it,” Steamtank said as steam whistled out the joins in his metal skin.

“Really?” Bobcat retorted, ignoring Shadowave’s request. “You guys could ‘handle’ Doctor Falcon? Couldn’t handle Blubbergun earlier this year, could you?”

“I’m going to head up San Fran to check on Alcatraz,” Stunning Girl said to Tigarayan. “This mine is bigger than yours contest is getting us nowhere.”

“If you see Hourglass, tell her I sai…” Tigarayan paused. “Oh here we go!”

Steamtank pushed Shadowave back which gave Blue Bobcat the excuse to whack the metal man in the face which kick-started a domino effect of hero fighting hero in the mall where Doctor Falcon was last seen at.

Gunship looked at the television in the corner of the emergency room. A ZNN crew was capturing the Panopticons punching on like teenagers with a local superhero team. He smiled as some bovine looking woman kicked Blue Bobcat out of the shot.

“Idiots,” muttered a nurse who was standing next to him watching the screen also. “Whole damn lot of you.”

“There are some exceptions,” he said turning to be met by a cold sideways look. She huffed and walked off leaving Gunship to watch the pointless fight.

Haktiv8rr: gunna cost

kestrel_22: That is fine. How much for your services?

Haktiv8rr: ….u old?

kestrel_22: Do I not type correctly?

Haktiv8rr: Yeh u old :)

kestrel_22: Young man, please do not waste my time! Either you can do as I ask or you can not!

Haktiv8rr: chillz

Haktiv8rr: $$$$$$$$$$

kestrel_22: Am I to presume each is a specific amount of money? I feel my patience with you is running out…

Haktiv8rr: 10m

kestrel_22: Send deets :)

Haktiv8rr: ur lolz

“Think about it, everything we know just flipped. Every secret we know is ripe for the taking over there,” Black Bobcat said. “That wussy crybag downstairs has already spilt his guts. So...?”

“So what?” Shadestream replied. “This other dimension you speak of; how do we get there?”

“Well…”

“When you get a proper plan Stefan,” Shadestream turned into mist and faded away. “Then bring it to the table.”

To be continued same time, if not sooner, next week.....see you there!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: I liked the herculinium stuff at the beginning. The rest were fast snippets- setup mostly, so waiting to see what happens next. Nice stuff.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: And again Professor Woolf is real person along with elements created.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: A hero smackdown, it's almost as if they don't have anything better to do with their time...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The story set in the alternate universe is the one that's got my attention, it seems filled with potential, and I like how you manage to get your different sections to tie in together.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@tommythehitman: Some times its more good luck than planning :)

Yeah the Reverseverse (copyright K Curley 2016) is the Crankverse flipped. So if you're a good right handed person in Crank, you're a bad left handed person there. Who's the copy, who really knows? :)