CORRUPTED: Flash #10

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Somewhere near the Great Wall of China

A cloaked figure moved through the darkness along the great wall at super speeds observing the area around him. He put his finger up to his ear.

“This is the Professor to Wonder Woman, I found his trail.” the figure said before dashing off.

Keystone City

I left the building Iris was in to find Mongul nowhere.

“Mongul?” I said quietly as I heard rustling in an alley.

“I had to hide myself when you left.” he said to me as I made him invisible.

“My bad, anyways I need you to head back to the warehouse and tell Code Red that I did not find anything, but I need to investigate something further.” I said as he looked at me with suspicion.

“We have communicators.” he said as I put my hand on the top of his forearm since I could not reach his shoulder.

“Just trust me on this one.” I said winking and smiling as I speed off into the city. I went around a few different blocks trying to find my sister but to no luck. I tried to do what I thought was sensing the energy a speedsters use but it just ended up slowing down my perception. As I got it back to normal I leaned against what was left of the wall on a building. I sighed getting irritated as I saw my sister and her girlfriend walking across the street from me. I called out to her as I walked at normal speeds across the street. She looked at me with her eyes jolting open.

“Wait here for a second.” she said to her girlfriend as she sped off towards me grabbing my hand and pulling me into a dark alley. Before I could say a word I felt a slap across my check.

“OW!” I said rubbing my now red check.

“You have a lot of nerve showing up here after barging in on me like that! I did not even know you existed until you had to fight Wonder Woman like that which was incredibly stupid by the way.” she said screaming at me. My god she sounds like me at thirteen.

“Just hold on a sec I did not know you existed until a few minutes ago so that is no excuse, I had no idea what you were doing I just felt the energy of a speedster and I either fought Wonder Woman or she took me to Washington where Superman would probably rape my mind.” I said trying to calm her down while explaining my point. I saw that she started to tear up a little.

“Sh**, did I say something wrong? I swear I did not mean to...” I was saying before she hugged me.

“Just shut up for a minute.” she asked of me in which I obliged. She looked up at me with her eyes still watery.

“Why did you try and throw your life away in that fight? You could have been killed.” she asked me holding me tighter.

“Thea my whole life recently has been about the government trying to capture me so it was nothing new and I said before I had no choice in fighting her.” I said with her shaking her head.

“Iris saw the anger in your eyes, you could have gotten away at any time but you stayed in the fight.” she said. I tried to come up with a response but I could not come up with one. She was right, the rage overcame me.

“That...will not happen again.” I said trying to hide the lies in my voice. It must have worked. She smiled for a second before speeding off. I sighed as I decided to take a walk around the city. Keystone may have been home to the original Flash but that means little now. If anything it makes it less desirable to live here with it being what use to be a superhero hotspot. But that was when heroes were heroes and not dictators. But those days were long gone. I kept walking to hear someone getting mugged on the other side of the street, I knocked out the mugger in less than a second. I was going to leave the city but I felt a surge of energy. A warped energy and it was coming from Iris's apartment. My eyes lit up as I speed off to her apartment to see it in fire. I raced in their trying to find her or Thea.

"Iris! Thea!" I screamed as I saw a space looking gun on a table. I picked it up right before the building collapsed. I phased through it leaving unharmed. I saw Iris standing not to far away from where I was standing with Thea next to her. I ran over to them breathing heavily.

“Are you both OK?!?” I said frantically as I looked for any signs of burns or whatnot.

"We're fine, it's normal here haven’t you seen everyone trying to leave and the other buildings on fire?" she asked as I looked into the sky. I saw buildings on fire with Hawkmen and Bettlemen swarming at people trying to leave. But the most surprising thing was a man floating very far above us speaking to a group of hawkmen. As I squinted my eyes I saw what I believed to be Superman without his ring or helmet. That sent me into overdrive.

"Forget it, I am going to get you all out of here, I can take you somewhere safe like...Gotham or something." I said as Iris looked at the gun in my hand.

"Where did you find that?" she asked grabbing it.

"On one of your tables, what is it?" I asked. Before she could respond I felt something smash into my face sending me into the burning building.

"William!" Thea screamed as I touched the flames. I came to my senses and phased through the fire coming out of it.

"What was...?” I started to say before I was into the ground, my face smashing against the pavement. I stood up as Iris and Thea looked behind me. I turned around to see a man in a brown cloak with Superman’s regimes symbol on it.

"Who are...?” I said before I punched my jaw sending me to the other side of the street.

"I am your antithesis." he said grabbing me by my throat before I could even move a muscle. I tried to phase out of his grip but I could not. I was stuck.

"Let him go!" Thea screamed as she ran at top speeds trying to kick the man. He grabbed her foot and threw her aside. While he was looking away I tried to punch him in his head but he caught it.

"Trust me, you are not fast enough for this." he said as we both ended up in a flaming building basically immediately. His speed is unbelievable. I can't even track his moves.

"Stop, I don't know who you are or why you work for the lunatics running this world but listen..." I started to say as he lunged at me with slower speeds, I was by the grace of god able to dodge him. He ran into the flames something to stupid for anyone to do but I did not care. I ran out of the building and back to where Thea and Iris were.

"William! Are you alright?!?" Thea asked running up to me.

"It can't be..." Iris was saying to herself.

"Can't be what?" I asked not knowing if the figure would come back.

"That voice I barley heard, I could have sworn that was..." before she could finish speaking a man did come back but not in a cloak. He was wearing a bright yellow flash costume with a red lightning bolt on his chest. He was like the man I saw at the warehouse but his lightning bolt was reversed and he had normal eyes.

No Caption Provided

"Hello Iris, William, Thea. What a pleasure to see you all again." he said with a sadistic smile.

"Samuel..." Iris said as red and yellow lighting was surrounding him.

"Nice to see you Aunt Iris, now I and William need to have a chat." He said as he lunged at me.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Delphic

@bronze_surfer: I just finished reading number nine and ten. You have a really interesting story going on here. I haven't read anything on your flash before you started writing again, so I'm not completely familiar with the characters, but I'm interested in seeing where you're going to go with the new Zoom. It looks like you have a good fight about to start up, and I can't wait to see it.