inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Hey guys! Starting sometime next week, maybe after Thanksgiving,
I'll be bringing you the first comic we did a year and half ago called, "Bunch of Capes"! This comic was slated to come out end of 2007, but due to problems with our publisher, we canned it, and it's been sitting around my house since.

I'll be releasing the first story, which is 5 pages called, "Secrets". It's a basic intro to the world and the main characters, Jonas Arkadin and Aemeth (which is tattooed on my arm! nerdtastic!).

Then in December, we will hopefully release the 8 page story, "High School Reunion", which is my favorite of all the stuff my team has put out.

In between that, I'll release early character sketches I drew, failed scripts and all the stuff I should have flushed down the toilet... Plus really awesome sketches from Jordan for characters too ridiculous, or just not cool enough, to put in the book.

It will be up in the Fan-Fiction section and G-Man will have an extra-special link for all you to enjoy. For now, just enjoy this picture of my favorite Bunch of Capes character: Bear-Man

Bunch of Capes:
Stories by: Mat Elfring & Matt Jordan
Written by: Mat Elfring
Penciled & Inked by: Matt Jordan
Colored by: Steve Skeggs
Characters by: Mat Elfring, Matt Jordan, Rodolfo Polanco, Shaun Fitzpatrick, and Matt Anderson (yes, three Matts)

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

11 hour later bump!
Not many people are on 2:30 am.

I just realized... I failed to mention this book is a satire of the Silver Age. It is not serious... Comedy... or an attempt of...

I reread the post and it comes off a little too serious.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Hmmm... Looks like you're the only one then... Guess they're all dedicated to Aztek

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

Don't worry. We can promo it on the front door and pin the thread or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

YAY

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Acheron

Cool! I look forward to it :)

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Well, that's four of us. A lot of people have seen the 0 issue to the book (the first five pages and numerous fake ads, which will not be on the site) and loved it. I had many people sign up for it at the comic book store I work at and was really excited to get the book out. Sadly, the deal with our publisher went sour quick. I'm not going to mention the name of the company. But, the guy that runs it had no clue on how to run a small publishing company.

In the next week or two, Matt Jordan and I (I, being the lush of a writer, Mat Elfring) will be doing a FAQ video that our students and 1 dozen fans have asked about things within the book. i.e. origin stories, failed characters/storylines, and why I put so many Orson Welles & David Cronenberg references within the book.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

this is an art piece from the guy who was doing the fake ads for the comic. I'm a huge fan of his bizarre work. Sadly, the ads may not make it on the site because of the content. Some of it was PG, most of it was R, it was the only thing in the book a little off-kilter. One of his ads, which I loved, I believe was crotch flavored chewing gum. The spokesperson was Vanilla Ice and the look on his face was hilarious.
Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Last_Guardian

AWESOME! looking forward to it! goes to make a bearman profile

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

UPDATE:
We've just commissioned two extra artists to pump out as many stories as possible. Hopefully, you guys will be getting two in December!

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Last_Guardian
inferiorego said:
"
this is an art piece from the guy who was doing the fake ads for the comic. I'm a huge fan of his bizarre work. Sadly, the ads may not make it on the site because of the content. Some of it was PG, most of it was R, it was the only thing in the book a little off-kilter. One of his ads, which I loved, I believe was crotch flavored chewing gum. The spokesperson was Vanilla Ice and the look on his face was hilarious."
rotflmfao!!! I'm a fan already! lol
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I'm still waiting for my artist to send me the pages. However, a new artist I'm working with should have pages ready by mid-end of Dec...

sorry for the wait

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

UPDATE: Ugh...

My artist's computer crashed... so, I have some waiting before we can release the book. However, I'm hoping with the two new artist signed on that we'll have a buttload of stuff up by end of Dec. We'll also have the original Ads put up too. Sorry for the wait guys, everything screwed up this past couple of weeks.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Slinger

How did I miss this before? Awesome! I'm eagerly awaiting it! :D

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Here's the schedule, as of now.... sadly, it will change 8 million times in between now and the actual release...

December
Secrets: 5 pages
Why I Became a Criminal: 4 pages

Jan
3 Types of Chocolate: 2 pages
HS Reunion: 8 Pages
Dougan Grocery: 6 pages

Feb
*Monopoly: 6 pages
Lake Effect Monsters: 6 pages
Celebrity Basketball: 6 pages

Mar