Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Okay, this guy creeps me out.

Smallville, Kansas 1996

School had been in session for around a month and Lana had been trying to work up the courage to ask Clark out since the beginning of the school year. She decided tonight was the night and made her way over to the Kent farm just after sundown. She peeked past the barn and saw Clark bouncing a ball as his dog ran around impatiently, "Okay boy, go long."

Lana's eyes went wide as the ball shot off like a cannon ball, Krypto then seemed to disappear for a second then reappear dropping a crushed tennis ball at Clark's feet, Clark chuckled and reached down grabbing a half empty ball tube and shook another ball out, "Okay, lets make this more interesting."

Lana gasped a bit as Clark shot up into the air and hurled the ball. There was a loud pop of a sonic boom causing Clark to look around nervously to make sure no one noticed. And just as quick as he turned his head back toward Krypto he was back with the ball. "Okay boy, lets call it a day."

Lana ran away as Clark gathered his things and headed toward the house.

Clark had won a contest where a reporter from a high school new paper would be allowed to interview Lex Luthor, Clark knew it was a PR stunt but figured a good interview with a famous guy would look great on his college applications. He pulled up to the nicest hotel in Wichita and walked in, "I'm Clark Kent, I'm here to interveiw Mr. Luthor."

The receptionist seemed skeptical but called up. After a moment she allowed Clark through. Clark entered the suite and saw the furniture all moved to the sides of the room as two men stood in fencing gear. One seemed to be giving his all trying to win the duel while the other nonchalantly blocked his every strike while he watched the news. As the bored man saw Clark he disarmed the other with ease and removed his helmet and introduced himself as Lex Luthor. Clark barely managed to stifle a chuckle about the obvious display of bravado.

He motioned for Clark to sit down, "Pleasure to meet you Mr. Kent is it?"

Clark nodded, "Yes sir. Its nice to meet you as well and thanks for the lunch, the place was a bit more fancy than I'm used to but they made a pretty good burger."

Lex chuckled a bit at that, "So shall we get on with the interview then?"

Clark pulled out his note pad, "You grew up in the part of Metropolis known as the Suicide Slums is that correct?"

"Yes, it wasn't an easy childhood but I believe my upbringing there forged me into the man I am today, and I look at it as proof that anyone be it impoverished orphan or say a farm boy from Kansas can go on to great things if they have the intelligence and the will."

Clark nodded as he jotted down the notes, "You excelled in school for the short time you attended, did you ever feel out of place being in high school at an age when most kids are still in elementary?"

Lex sat back in his chair partly annoyed and partly impressed that this kid was actually trying to do a real interview, "I never worry about the opinions of those around me, honestly I always felt more above the crowd than on its outskirts."

Clark summoned all of his self control to keep from rolling his eyes, "So when did you decide to conquer the business world?"

The interview lasted far longer than it had been planned for and Lex was doing his level best to keep from having Clark forcefully removed as the boy seemed to be pushing for a larger story when Lex's public relations agent entered to inform Lex of a coming meeting giving Lex an excuse to end the interview.

A week later Lex was mailed a copy of the Smallville High Torch as he read an annoyed look came to his face, "Pompous and self absorbed?"

His assistant pointed out, "He did call you a genius and charming."

Lex turned his chair and gave a hard look, "The term used was snake charmer, its not a compliment."

"Well sir, its just a high school newspaper, not like its the daily planet or something."

Lex sighed, "You're right but there's something I don't like about that boy."

At the Kent farm the next day.

"I'm shocked they actually printed it." Clark stated as his father read.

Jonathan put down the paper, "I don't see why, its good."

Clark looked over, "That's what the faculty adviser said, but he was worried that since Lexcorp sponsored the contest they might be upset about it."

Jonathan tossed him a piece of mail sitting in a drawer, "Oh they were."

Clark opened it and noticed a very harshly worded cease and desist order stating that neither they nor the school would be allowed to reprint the interview for any reason.

Clark tossed it back into the drawer, "Been a weird day."

"How so?"

Clark eased back, "Well aside from the article Lana has been weird all week and today I said hi and she practically knocked over the hall monitor backing away."

The next day as Lana headed for the bus home Clark honked from his truck and when she waved nervously and walked on he got out and ran up to her, "Okay, what's your problem?"

She turned to Clark and breathed deep. She then walked over and whispered, "I saw you and your dog flying."

Clark's eyes went wide, "Umm, we need to talk."

(To be continued)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

Clark had won a contest where a reporter from a high school new paper would be allowed to interview Lex Luthor

You forgot the S in newspaper :)

@joshmightbe said:

Lex sat back in his chair partly annoyed and partly impressed that this kid was actually trying to do a real interview, "I never worry about the opinions of those around me, honestly I always felt more above the crowd than on its outskirts."

Clark summoned all of his self control to keep from rolling his eyes

Ha ha ha good old arrogant Lex :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Thank you

@batkevin74: I can't type for s**t

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Still haven't fixed the "s" in newspaper. ;)

Considering that some of this can't help but feel like the Smallville TV show, it's nice to see that Clark & Lex aren't friends.

Added to my FF Long Box. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@joshmightbe: Busted. Looks like Clark has just met his greatest enemy...ever