Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

For the last installment, click here. ^.^

------------------------

“Foul creature!” Maris quickly snapped, recoiling from the source of the voice and rolling backwards into a crouch. A pair of guard shotos zoomed telekinetically into her hands, but did not activate. The source of the voice became quickly apparent, astonishingly so – not because of its size, or because it clashed with the environment. Both of those were quite the opposite.

The sudden, pure rush of the Force, however, nearly knocked the zabrak back, buzzing within her mind. Even amongst the teeming plant and animal life here, even among this thriving utopia of primal life energy, the voice that had spoken emanated something stronger. Something more quintessential and amazing... like the aura of a master Jedi.

“Foul, you say? Eeeurghurhurgh, perhaps, look at yourself you should, before judge me you do.” This new comment was echoed by a quiet, small grunting, accompanied by the heavy breath of someone struggling to move along this terrain. There was a clack of a tiny wooden cane, and the wizened green creature let himself drop rump-first onto a nearby tall rock. “Tell me, young one... why do you come here?”

Maris Brood narrowed her eyes and held her position, inhaling slowly and gazing upon the tiny green man. His garb was familiar, attesting to the presence she had felt coming from him. The brown suit, the pale tan robe... it meant only one thing. This man was, or had been, a member of the Jedi Council – and judging by his pigment and stature, there was only one person he could be.

“You are Master Yoda,” she breathed out, slowly slipping her shotos back into their respective sheathes but not bowing, or kneeling. She was still stunned by his mere presence here, in this desolate bog where she had thought herself utterly alone. “You were killed by the Emperor years ago.”

“The truth, you speak,” the tiny man said, a smug hint of a smile curling his wrinkled lips. “But answer my question, you did not.”

“My home is tainted by the Dark Side. I had no choice but to leave.”

“And drawn here, you were?”

The zabrak opened her mouth to reply, but then paused. No, I just came here, was what she didn't say, but after a moment of reflection, of searching her feelings, she knew the man's words to be true. There had been more convenient locations along the way to Dagobah, more habitable places. Places with other people. She had passed them by, made a bee-line to this place. Even as conflicted as she was, she had been somehow drawn to this bog. “I was,” she finally whispered.

Yoda's throaty cackle rang out, and he tapped his cane merrily against the rock he sat upon... but then his voice grew more serious, his eyes downcast. Had the man gone mad? He seemed to lack the... posture, that her master had told her tales of. The wisdom. His words seemed instinctive and random. “Strange, this is,” he said glumly. “I believed the Jedi to be long gone... all destroyed. Just me left.”

“That's why you abandoned us?” Maris said, finally standing and taking one wary step closer. Mad though the little green creature seemed, if even a shadow of the old swordsman remained, Yoda would be able to defeat her in less than seconds, no matter what she did. Caution almost seemed irrelevant. “You thought the Jedi stood no chance? There are many of us left, untouched by Vader and his young assassin....”

Then it happened. A surge of energy, of emotion. Of rage. Of blame and despair. A surge of the Dark Side. “We needed you! You could have helped us – you could have defeated Vader and his apprentice. If you hadn't come here, my master may still be alive!” Maris spat her words, a vague sparkle of red energy formed a corona around her scorched hands, the Dark Side warring with what purity still remained inside of her.

Yoda inhaled deeply, but didn't move. His wise old eyes stayed on the younger girl, digesting her words, though they were not new to him. These thoughts remained with him, and had for the past countless years. Qui-Gon had spoken of it, as well. Questioned Yoda's decision to exile himself, questioned whether he was damning the rest of the Jedi with his choice. It was too late now, anyway... if this girl was the only Force-user who had found her way here in all this time, there was no way there were enough Jedi left to fight back. “Late it grows, young one,” Yoda whispered, hobbling to his feet and ignoring Maris's words. “To my home I go, welcome there you are. Speak more after dinner, we shall.”

“But you--” Maris began, but it was pointless. He had dodged her accusation on purpose, and there was no use in pushing the issue until Yoda decided to address it himself. The glow around her hands faded slightly and she let out an exhausted sigh. Eating and resting didn't sound bad, honestly, and it hadn't taken long at all for this bog to get on her nerves. “Very well, Master Yoda.”

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Nordok  Moderator

Magnificently done!

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ARMIV2

I am LOVING this. Feels natural!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Pyrogram

Ah.....The long wait was a long wait indeed, this was superb. Your writing technique always astounds me. Beautifully written.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5 wildvine  Moderator

@joygirl

First, I would commend you on your Yoda dialogue. It was spot on perfect. The story itself is a nice length. Not too long, not too short. The main character comes across very well. This was a very enjoyable read. Heehee. Great work.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joygirl

@wildvine: @pyrogram: @armiv2: @nordok: Thanks guys. ^_^ I'm gonna try to keep up on this one a bit better, though have been having some difficulty in that there are like, no characters that are both alive and active at this point in SW history, I was pushing it with Maris. I guess Vader's still at large but we can all agree that even a Yoda-trained Maris Brood would get wtfpwned by him. I want to avoid OC's though so I may have to do a little research to check who was alive at this time.

Hey I wonder if Darth Maul is still alive and kicking with his robot legs...?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helminth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Helminth

@joygirl: Wasn't aware you had continued this, good job! I'll make sure to catch up.

-Project_Worm

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joygirl

@helminth: Hah, VERY slowly but yes. :)

Edit: Though I blame my tardiness on the fact that the story never developed much of a fanbase.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

bump

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@joygirl said:

@wildvine: @pyrogram: @armiv2: @nordok: Thanks guys. ^_^ I'm gonna try to keep up on this one a bit better, though have been having some difficulty in that there are like, no characters that are both alive and active at this point in SW history, I was pushing it with Maris. I guess Vader's still at large but we can all agree that even a Yoda-trained Maris Brood would get wtfpwned by him. I want to avoid OC's though so I may have to do a little research to check who was alive at this time.

Hey I wonder if Darth Maul is still alive and kicking with his robot legs...?

No Caption Provided