Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Marvete_e_DCnauta

Create your own character and post it here.The three i find to be the best shall go to an Artist show-off topic where any artist can show their view on the character

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@marvete_e_dcnauta: You might want to team up with the Character Creation Contest. Every month or some of our writers compete in a contest to see who can create the best character with the subject that is given. Here is the current contest.

No one really runs CCC but @cbishop and @batkevin74 generally have the most input.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@dngn4774: @marvete_e_dcnauta: The way the CCC works is we write on whatever the given contest is, creating one original character to fit the contest. When the contest deadline is reached, a voting thread goes up, we vote, and the winner gets to pick the next contest (and has to host the contest and voting thread).

As I'm understanding this though, Marvete' wants OC submissions, from which they will pick their favorite and get someone in the Artist Show Off forum to draw the OC. Two questions here:

1. Has this been arranged with anyone in the ASO Forum? Because my experience is that they're not particularly receptive to new contests popping up out of the blue. And...
  2. What makes you qualified to pick the best OC, over a vote from the forum? In the few years that I've been here, "Write/draw something for me" posts go pretty much ignored. Something more interactive and collaborative goes much further. For instance, @project_worm started the Fan-Fic's CCC, and then stepped away from it. It's been participant-run ever since.

If you've got the hookup for getting OC's drawn in the ASO Forum, make that known. I'm sure writers would like to see some back-and-forth between the two forums.

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: I just want to do it because its fun :/

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@marvete_e_dcnauta: Well you could try to read entries on the forum and just pm the authors of any characters you seem to like. I bet most of them would be thrilled to have a character drawn to life. It doesn't seem to work the other way around (you have to come to them, they won't just come to you.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvete_e_dcnauta: You said you just want to do it for fun. I was just saying have at it. It means: go ahead, have fun. I just don't think you're going to be able to get the Artist Show Off to participate.