Challenge: Write using what you're given

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi. I would like you to write either one setting, two characters or one genre bellow (nothing too obscure, please). Once I've gotten all three of those, I'm going to write a short story where I have to use the suggested characters as my main characters in the suggested setting in the suggested genre. Anyone who wants to participate and write their own thing based on the suggestions is free to do so (this could be fun).

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suggested Character

1 - a man made from earth, created by a natural occurrence but astronomical event of energy dispersing into the ground.. Call it cosmic magic I suppose, born with the lives of all who were born and died and buried into the earth. He has the ability to recollect information from previous souls and immortality from the elements.

2. - Frilled King - Heir to the entirety of the known world, dictator and stubborn. Brash and unkind to the people below, heartfelt to his daughters but arrogant and cruel to his queen and his son. Disallows thought of magic, practice and religious freedom. All must be weary of the elemental god or none shall live to pray another day.

Setting? - land of disaster in "Middle-Earth-esqué" interference with natural elements from the cosmic event causing volcanos to explode, hurricanes to occur from winds, tsunamis and earthquakes and interchangeable climate by day. Animals and people causing havoc from east to west and north to south, on land roughly the size of earth on a planet the side Neptune. The people have begun to move from place to place with different strategic defenses depending on their location. Different regions in each corner of the world, seas of sugar water instead of salt. Insects run rapid, the size from dogs to elephants to small whales. World is 60% land, 40% water

Could be cool, could be weird. Take it as you like

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By arthurkerr

I sit at the stage as it rises and falls the biggest show about to begin is all.

I am king to a ever changing land in a sea as sweet as the finest of honey. Impart my wisdom to the world around me but it fails to hear even a single word I go to my room I slam the door shut I walk out on my balcony and look out over a ever changing landscape. Where has my people taken to hiding this day.

I see the ghost of yesterday carried on the tides broken apart by the gods of the sea and tossed up onto the beech. Then they reform and run to the waters edge and they jump in and they scream "carry me again oh god of the sea" The ghost of dead children always haunting me.

A pounding on the door the maid once more and I open up the wicked thing and the window opens and the wind blows and the maid hugs me and the window lets that foul wind by and my mistress is gone with the wind once more.

I run out my door , I scream to the cook.

To late the bells ring once again my friend and the sound of the world going by changes to the land around us ever so sour is my soul. I climb on the back of my dragon fly larger then any living thing in the land we seek out the eye of the storms we seek out the swells and I ponder the events of late and he or she I do not understand looks up at me and smiles for a child they be , no a man of old or sometimes yes sometimes my late wife whom I see and I rush down to comfort thee and she forgives me. Off to another dance another party at the palace. Dreaming or real I shake off the moment and go back to my castle.

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi. I'll get to writing something on the first suggestion pretty soon, I'm just kind of busy at the moment. I also really like the things people have written above. I just wanted to leave my own suggestion

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Character 1: Santa

Character 2: Dracula

Setting: Zombie apocalypse

Genre: Action thriller (if you want to add elements of something else, that's great too).

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Character 1: a wannanabe mobster is given a mission. He's told to go find the head of the enemy crime family and take them out. Why is he the one being chosen, given that he's a newbie? That's up to you.

Character 2: the head of the rival family, he's been gaining in power and scaring his allies and enemies alike. He dreams of runni the city and will do anything to achieve his dreams.

Setting: in a city that's very similar to sin city from the movie sin city. This story should take place like 50 years from today's date