Cervantes vs. Army of Darkness

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Cervantes de Leon, the greatest valiant swordsman who can literally expand the breadth and reach of his mighty weapon, takes on a planet of dark princes and witches, warlords and sirens of the flaming fires of hell.

These dark spirits include Leatherface, Serpentor, Black Manta, Toyman, Cyclonus, Dark Phoenix, Poison Ivy, and Doctor Doom.

The valiant Cervantes approaches the fortress of these dark spirits, intent on using his swordplay to limit their vanity and bravado. He climbs the fortress wall at sunrise, and when the dark spirits see him, they approach him with arrows, hammers, slings, and flamethrowers. Cervantes swings his two swords around like a tornado, spinning to create a cone of metal that reflects the bright light of the sun and blinds the approaching dark spirits.

"What manner of fighting is this, swordsman?" Doctor Doom cries out, and Cervantes replies, "This is the bright light that combats the fires of doom, fires you wield."

As the dark spirits are caught off-balance, Cervantes approaches with this whirlwind motion and sends them flying back. They start calling surrender, and Cervantes says, "I've created a force of haze with sunlight and metal, so let me claim victory and I request you resign your positions on this planet; and of course, let us part as friends." Doctor Doom replies, "We concede, only because you are great."

Cervantes departs happy but realizes he could have fallen prey to this ominous army of darkness's dominion over vain courage.

====

That's the end of the story/vignette, but the question raised is, "Is such a one-man-conquers-all story believable?"

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided