Captain India; #1

Ultimatums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ultimatums

The streets of NYC, the city that never sleeps. It's New Year's Eve and it's busier than ever.. and even worse... more violent than ever. So dangerous that  not even the police can handle its intensity. But there is someone who can... Spider-Man! But that's not what this story is about, this story begins in a taxi cab....... 

New Year's Eve: 

Rajul Mundackal drives sleepily in his taxi cab. Three drunk teenagers need a ride to a party. 'It's disgusting' Rajul thinks. One of the girls are pregnant and is smoking cig after cig. Rajul just can't have that type of air creeping down his lungs. 
"Throw that poison out my cab, or I'll throw you out!'', he screams. 
"What's your problem Ghandi?", the bitchy teen replies after throwing her cigarrette bud out the window. 
"It's alright Jess, I just think he's on period.", a blonde teen chuckled out.  
Nevertheless, Rajul has to drive these selfish bastards to their destination. His family can't afford it anymore. He has two kids and an aged but beautiful wife. 
Rajul is a 50 year old stereotypical Indian man. Despite these stereotypes he is more than just a cardboard cut out. He is a fun loving family man, a Buddhist, and without a doubt the nicest man you may ever meet.  He is a cab driver who usually wears the same clothes every day. 
He has a thick greyish-black moustache, a large turban around his head, white robes, and perfectly carved sandals on his feet. He is skinny and lanky and obviously not very muscular. Most of the time he would never harm a fly, and almost never raises his voice like that. In fact that was one the first times that's ever happened. He's had worse cases in his cab. He's even had a gun flashed at him at one point.  
The reason for Rajul's crabbiness today is the fact that there are big heroes like Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Thor who get to kick butt almost every night. He can't help but envy them. He is constantly dreaming about being a hero of his own. Modeled after the great Captain America. He sees himself wielding a circular shield just like his, with the Indian flag on it, he visions himself fighting the Red Skull. But of course that will never happen.... not yet at least. 
Rajul drops the kids off at a warehouse. There are flashing lights everywhere and you can hear music that sounds reminiscent to "Like a G6". The teens leave without paying Rajul which really brings his blood to a boil. Out of sheer anger he exits the cab and demands the kids his money but they just laugh at him and tell him to leave America, that he's worthless, and that the only appropriate way to pay him would be to give him a bar of soap. 
Rajul wants to fight. He doesn't want to take their crap. But he can't for two reasons... 1.) They're just kids. 2.) It would be against the Eight Fold Path, in other words.. it's against his religion. 
Rajul just talks through his teeth, "Never show your face in my taxi unless you pay. Do you understand?". 
The kids don't care. They just walk off laughing. Rajul is tired of being treated like he's just another stereotype. He wants to be something else.. and you know what that is? He wants to be a hero, he wants to actually mean something to this world! He wants to make his kids chant his name and feel his wife's sweet lips with pride for once! Screw everyone.. he is not Rajul.. he is Captain India!! 
Rajul goes into his taxi and makes his way through New York City. Looking for crime wherever he can... He passes his much needed services and people's much needed money. He is fighting for a better cause.. even though his kids may not have food on the table.  
After a good 30 minutes of driving he's finally found out. A woman is being harrassed by a couple of dudes near the bar. Rajul goes out with nothing. He is wearing his normal atttire; a turban and his casual robes. He has no weapons, no fighting experience.  
He remembers how he didn't advance on the teenagers because it was against his religion. Screw that too. Right now Rajul wants to fight and he even thinks he HAS to fight. This is his time to shine, to not be a loser, and to also help someone. 
"Excuse me gentlemen, but is there a problem?", he askes the three men. 
The one man is real tall and has huge bulging muscles popping out in a sleeveless shirt. The second guy is short and overweight with red hair and ginger freckles. But in a way he is still intimidating. The third guy is just your average joe. Not scary or anything. Just.. normal. The girl is trapped in the corner clutching her purse as hard she can. Sweat is dripping down her forehead and blood is escaping through her nostrils. She's definately being ruffed up by these guys. 
The portly man responds first, "I don't think this is any of your buisness pal." 
"It appears that you are hurting this woman, please tell me.. what did she do you do?" 
The big fellow talks next, "Did you hear my pal here? How about you f*ck off? Huh?" 
"I think you should leave her alone, sir!", Rajul said in his thick Indian accent. 
"Haha, don't you have a plane to crash towel head?" 
That was it. Rajul threw the first punch. He was sick of it. Square in the big man's jaw, a larg crrreeAAAK was heard.  
"Run! Run!", Rajul screamed to the girl. The girl quickly obeyed his orders. 
The large man grabbed Rajul and lifted him straight off of his feet then threw him into the brick wall. Rajul quickly retaliated and charged at the large man but the portly man intervened and knocked Rajul down. They all began stomping him. Even the normal looking guy. Rajul twisted and turned until he was out of there reach. He exchanged glances with the gang then ran... RAN FROM THEM AS FAST AS HE COULD! He didn't try to go into his taxi to escape. He just kept running but he couldn't lose 'em.  They kept popping up. Rajul eventually just ran into a diner, dashed through the back, and finally lost them. In a another attempt to escape his traveled back to his taxi. Sweaty, bloody, and exhausted, Rajul was never doing this again. He put the keys in the ignition and tried to start up the car. It wouldn't work. He sees the portly man and the big man run into the diner down the street. Oh please, dear Vishnu.. let this taxi start up! VROOOM.... VROOOM...  It will not start up no matter how hard he turns. 
Then he sees the pair come running .Closer... closer.... closer... They just jog by. They don't even notice him in the cab. Rajul has a sigh of relief... then he hears a knock on the door. He sees its just that average guy. Feeling a bit of cautiousness he wonders if he should open the door or not.  
" I'm not gonna hurt ya! Let me in!", he explains. 
So Rajul does just that. He opens the door but as soon as he does portly man pops out and grabs Rajul and throws him the ground. Rajul grabs portly mans feet from the hard concrete and knocks him on his ass. The buff man tries to touch Rajul but he jumps to his feet, uppercuts him in the face, then Spartan kicks him on top of portly man.  
He shoves the third man aside and exclaims his battle cry.. "For India!" before getting shot in the stomach and the shoulder two times. 

To be continued in Captain India; #2. 

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Project_Worm
@Ultimatums:  
Pretty good but may i sugest you make it shorter can you check my entry to shas challenge though if you do it will seem that im kind of being a  hypocrite though thats just because i needed to make it long for the challenge.