Bullet

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Resonate

Possible Mature Content. You have been warned.

Rainy nights in Seiika city, Anthony hated them. The street lights provided minimal light to the room he was sleeping in tonight. He walked into his appartment, woozy, and drunk. Ready to collapse on the couch, he stopped, and stared at the ground. the television was on, but no sound came from it. One in the morning, he'd been partying for as long as he could remember all Thursday night. Thursdays, his drinking day...take all the pain from the bullet wounds away in a few hours.

He found it amazing that what no therapist could do for him in years, a simple bottle of whiskey could do in an hour....of course, he was too disoriented to think abotu these kinds of things. He walked over to the coffee table that he kept his cigarette ash trey on, and picked up the remote next to it, flicking a button to make the room completely dark. His door was still wide open, and the light shown through, if even a little dim to be called light. The street lamp right outside his second story window was getting on his nerves, though, and he was on the verge of screaming at the inanimate object for being so "damned bright" like he usually did. But, memory of past experiences told him that, no matter how high he was when it came to military power, the landlady a floor below him playing bingo was more than enough to get him out of his home for yelling. He often pondered how he remembered things like that at this level of inebreation...but right now his current focus was the window from which the street lamp shone itself, giving off that eerie late night orange glow that he had grown to fear over the years.

Stumbling along across the apartment building, he reached for the small string that folded the blinds...but he couldn't reach it, as the potato chips and beer had finally reached their regurgitation limit. Rushing to the sink, the "meal" he'd had a few hours ago came back up deformed. He washed himself off as best he could, and tried his luck with the blinds again...

He woke up on the floor, a stray cat licking him. He was inches from the window, his hand still stretched out as though he had tried to close them...his head hurt like it always did, part of a hangover, but he lay there till ten o' clock at least, until the suns rays were far too much and the cat had licked off every ounce of potato chip crumbs off of him and left the room.

"What a night....oh god...my head....ha" he said, scratching the back of it and then reaching for his stubble that seemed to come on Fridays. Anthony was dissapointed at himself, one of the elite connectors hailing O'mar (ECHO) for not being able to get that dealer, again.

He slowly trudged towards the bathroom, and when he finally took care of his morning shave and liquid release, he grabbed some coffee, a liquid he called the "Man Made equivalent to the nectar of the gods", at least, when it came to mornings, especially like this one. Unliked most of the ECHO's, he liked his coffee sweet as he could get it, evident by the splenda and sugar packets spread all across his counter. The raven black haired man looked out the window above his sink, pondering if maybe today he'd get some leads on the guy he couldn't get...and maybe even the Elusive Veran. But, that was something he was far from trying to attempt yet, as it was the entire ECHO team goal. They just didn't know why Anthony Chroma, 26 years old, wanted his head so badly...and he'd never tell them.

In Seiika City, drugs run rampant, murder and rape are like childs play to some of the criminals there. A new drug, "Niikee" has been discovered....and been possibly the most elusive thing the entire police force or SWAT team has ever chased after. Originally used as a serum to reduce pain felt and increase strength, it was soon discovered by drug smugglers and dealers within the military the amazing high that it gave, much less the addiction it created. This is why they stopped giving it out legally, as they knows that there is a mole within the system, and if they don't succeed, then the dealers definitely will. Anthony Chroma, a member of the ECHO squad is a man legally able to carry around a weapon in public, and basically offered any type of legal bypassing, just like the rest of the squad. The entire purpose of the squad is to eliminate crime completely in Seiika City while under O'Mar Fumire's control, a man who doesn't even legally exist in Seiika.

Though they are indeed a "real" organization, people without connections to the higher ups have never even heard of them, and the members of ECHO are not under any circumstances allowed to share any information they receive unless under extremely pressed conditions. Anthony Chroma was chosen to be one of the head members for his no jokes way of handling things when it came to fighting crooks, and his combat prowess.

Obviously, this story will be continued....and I might take a while. Forgive me for any flaws in writing or anything, as this is the first fan fiction I've ever written...actually, first story I've ever been able to slightly get onto paper...hopefully it's an interesting read, somewhat, as it has no action in it....

I'll take any criticism though, kind or not :D

Papillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Papillion

wow! Very nice job. Your opening sentence did a very good job with hooking in your reader. Your use of detail throughout the entire piece kept the readers attention but wasnt over powerful. I look forward to your next part.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Resonate

yay...no action yet at all...I want to write more, but I can't do it today...not in the writing mood....