lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorbo

I want a villain who can counter my character's personality:

Claire's personality: Pragmatic, to a fault at times. She will at times take on more than she can handle, especially when she get's emotional (in a negative way); as pouring herself into her work acts like a kind of tonic for her. She is confident and never gives up in general.

History: Her parents only praised her when she did something worth praising, and they taught her to be responsible at a young age. She enjoys accomplishing things, taking pride in her work. She also likes to be praised by others, that could be a flaw at times.

The villain ideas: I was thinking of the saying, "An unmovable force meets an unstoppable object." In this case Claire would be the unstoppable object due to her drive and dynamism, while her foe would be the unstoppable object. I need a villain who is actually able to change Claire's personality for the worse, so she is not as good as she already is at doing things. That way she can have an emotional journey were she comes around and realizes that know one but her hasto control how she feels;then she comes around---stronger than ever. I am up for suggestions that add to this......lead on.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#2  Edited By Joygirl

I keep thinking about my OC, Joygirl, who is a villain... would fit pretty well except that she would probably win most encounters (sheerly by outlasting your character, her regen is pretty absurd).

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@lorbo: @Joygirl: Oooooo fictional hero versus users avatar...that's kinda weird and cool. My money is on Joygirl to win the initial encounter!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joygirl
No Caption Provided
lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lorbo

Together they could probably take her, I;m not sure if Claire would survive though......... Rana below Claire is like Hydroman, except she can shapeshift to look like whoever too.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joygirl

Yeah, I'm not sure how she'd handle watergirl unless she used ultralibrium to become a terminal-velocity human tornado, and just scattered her.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By dngn4774

Is your character a standard human or a meta.  And if so?   What are her powers?  When I hear your idea for your villain "An unmovable force meets an unstoppable object." My mind sort of goes to an MMORPG classic dps hero vs a tank villain.  If your hero and villain were both metas, I would reccomend a water controlling hero versus an earth controlling villain, or an energy projection hero vs a highly durable villain.  Hope this was helpful.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lorbo

I was thinking more personality wise for a villain. A physical villain can challenge Claire physically, I want one who can challenge her emotionally, as everyone should know---women's emotions have a more obvious effect on them than guys.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By dngn4774

Since your character is so much like spiderman maybe you should make your villain more like venom.  I try to give your villain the physical power set of venom and the intellect of someone like doc ock or norman osborne.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lorbo

She would stomp Venom, unless he could survive hulk strength plus laser beam spam. Yet my character is no killer by nature, so he might work.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joygirl

@lorbo: Venom would destroy your char, to be totally honest. He can withstand Hulk-level strength and has proven it repeatedly. He is also really quick and will probably mostly dodge the laser until the minute is up. Then he eats her.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lorbo

Don't think so.......she can fly. That's going to be a BIG problem, even if she is only flying at the same speed she used to superjump, which should be pretty fast. I mean how much thrust is Hulk creating when he jumps over buildings? That's the same thrust Claire has when she is flying, she just maintains the speed.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

If you're willing to make your character DC than I think Psycho would make a great villain. He is an eco-terrorist who has no more against killing criminals/land developers than going to sleep at night. Make a nice morality clash between your character and mine.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yai_Inn

@lorbo said:

Claire's personality: Pragmatic, to a fault at times. She will at times take on more than she can handle, especially when she get's emotional (in a negative way); as pouring herself into her work acts like a kind of tonic for her. She is confident and never gives up in general.

History: Her parents only praised her when she did something worth praising, and they taught her to be responsible at a young age. She enjoys accomplishing things, taking pride in her work. She also likes to be praised by others, that could be a flaw at times.

The villain ideas: I was thinking of the saying, "An unmovable force meets an unstoppable object." In this case Claire would be the unstoppable object due to her drive and dynamism, while her foe would be the unstoppable object. I need a villain who is actually able to change Claire's personality for the worse, so she is not as good as she already is at doing things. That way she can have an emotional journey were she comes around and realizes that know one but her hasto control how she feels;then she comes around---stronger than ever. I am up for suggestions that add to this......lead on.

Go with the opposite of your character and see what you come up with. Your character never gives up, was only praised for doing something worthy, responsible, and has lots of self-esteem. How about a villain who was a spoiled brat, got praised for doing nothing and continues to expect that admiration as an adult. Someone who is a sore loser and gives up as soon as something happens that he/she doesn't like. Someone who is irresponsible and lacking self-esteem. I'm picturing some kind of manchild here. It's kind of like an unmovable force, the force being the personality and the unmovable aspect being that this person never grew up.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lorbo

Not bad, however.........I was thinking of a villain who could harm Claire emotionally. You see, Claire does good responsible things in part because she likes the praise,  if she were denied it she would work overtime to get it, even tiring herself out. It would be funny if the 'man child' character got credit for what Claire did---that would drive her crazy. 

I also know that Claire could actually get depressed if she is doing great stuff yet getting treated like dirt. That is how you could break her character, literally changing her for the worse. In the end, that is the villain's job. Once they break her spirit, everything else is so much easier.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

How about some one like Nightmare. Who could attack her both in reality and in her dreams. Being attacked in her dreams can effect her inner emotions. Also she would loose sleep, which factors into her behavior and hurt her over all fatigue.

No Caption Provided
lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lorbo

Nah, It's actually quite funny.......I guess no one thinks like me. Nightmare is too far fetched for me, (yes I realize the irony given the superhero theme) I have never been a fan of telepaths nor guys who have supernatural powers. I prefer ones with more classic superhero powers. Whoever my villain will be, they will be smart.

As I know the origin of her powers, I think it would be quite interesting for her powers to malfunction, If a villain got control over that she would be in trouble. Imagine if she couldn't turn off her finger lasers? Or if she couldn't turn off her universal magnetism? Either way it would make her life what some would call a living hell.