Batman vs The Nightman (Superhero matchup style)

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Johnny Domino woke up in full gear. He was lying face down in an alley, in a city he did not know.

Last thing he remembered was leaving one of the many Jazz clubs he would preform in. He climbed to his feet and looked around him. He had no idea where he was.

He started to get pissed.

He hated being placed in situations he did not understand. In his line of work, preperation was key to survival.

"Where the hell am I?" He asked himself out loud. He didn't expect an answer, but he got one.

A voice which seemed to come from nowhere, yet was everywhere at once said, "Greetings, John, Domino. You have been chosen. There is an opponent, in this city for you to face. Defeat him, and return home. Refuse, and be stuck in limbo forever. Choose, wisely."

Johnny wasn't a killer. But if he had to defeat this person in order to return home; he would.

It would release him from this voices gripe. One he was not at all happy to be in.

Johnny answered with, "Who is this 'opponent?'"

Bruce came to in an alley, in an urban environment, not unlike Gotham. It was dark, yet majestic in a way.

A fullmoon hovered above him in the night sky. What happened to the Talon? Why was he no longer in the maze that he had spent days in? He had no time to ponder, further. A voice spoke to him from what seemed to be his own mind.

"Greetings, Batman. You have been chosen to duel. Win, and be rewarded. Fail, and gain nothing. Refuse, and remain here forever. Your opponent seeks you out as we speak." The voice in his head was male.

But, the tone was unfamiliar.

Perhaps it was the Court, toying with him. Still. If there was an assassin, sent to end him, then he would worry about details later. Or simply get what informaton he required from his would-be-killer.

Nightman walked from the alley and surveyed his surroundings. He certainly had no clue to his location. The city was somewhat eastern. Yet, it had a strange, deco-style as well. Almost European in design. It was actually quite beautiful. He was quickly snapped back to reality by the emergence of little black balls, which seemed to come from nowhere.

Nightman leapt back; expecting an explosion of some kind. What he got, was a hale of thick, grey smoke.

Batman had spotted the man once he rounded the corner. Oddly, the man wore similar dress. He was nearly as tall as Bruce, himself. And had, from what Batman could see, a form of infra-red scope. Batman tossed two smoke pellets to obsurce the man's vision. Then he quickly sped to his opponents, position and drove a knee into the man's belly, followed by a flurry of solid strikes to the face.

Nightman reeled at his opponents knee. Still feeling it despite his armour. Still; it helped a great deal. The combination of punches was a diffrent matter all together. Damn, this guy was good! Johnny absorbed the strikes, and fell back. Slightly cushioning the impact. Nightman was not without training himself. He managed to slip his opponents, jab, and follow with an open, palm to his opponents face. This time making the stranger, take a step back. Once the storm was weathered, Johnny took a moment to take his opponent in. The man was huge! About three inches taller then Domino, and it may have been the gear, but the man seemed thicker too. If Johnny, had to give the guy a name, he would most likely just call him the 'Batman,' based on his appearance alone.

The helmet he wore sported two pointy ear like attachments.

And his cape fluttered in the wind like wings. The part that truely got Nightman curious however.

Is that the man, didn't seem to be evil. Nightman could read nothing off him.

"Ok. Look, I don't know you, and you don't know me. Maybe we should try and figure this out. There is no need for us to beat each other to death here." Nightman said. His arms held in front of him. He truely didn't what to fight if it would be against another hero. His reputation was bad enough already.

"Agreed. However, we don't seem to be given much of a choice. And honestly. I have no reason to trust you." Batman said coldly. His instincts told him that the man in grey was not malevolent. But he had learned that he, despite his pride; was not always right. This man could be a smokescreen set up by the Court of Owls. He would not let his guard down again, until he could know for sure.

"I'm sorry. If you truely are on the side of the angels. Then perhaps if we meet again, we can be alies. As of now.." Batman detacthed a Batarang from his utility belt with blinding speed. Tossing it at the man in grey.

The weapon struck home. Nailing his opponent in the face. Sending the man down hard to the ground.

Nightman felt the boomerang like weapon slam hard into his nose. His only saving grace the kevlar mask he wore, adding slight protection.

He rode the impact and rolled backwards. His knees tucked tight into his chest.

Getting up on his feet, Nightman ran in the opposite direction, hoping to draw the bat-guy into the shadows.

The darkness was his only true way to win. The guy in the bat costume, was a better fighter. And Johnny, had no ranged weapons. None that mattered any way.

Batman watched his opponent flee towards the alley's and knew what was being laid-out for him. A trap. His opponent planned on using the scope of his infra-red to his advantage. Smart. But still not quite good enough. Batman pulled his grappling hook from his belt and fired towards a ledge, on one of the buildings, the man in grey ran between. He would follow his opponent. But he would dictate how.

Nightman turned in time to see the caped man in black, fly towards the heavens. The sight, slightly freezing Domino's heart.

"S--t! This asshole, can fly now?!" Nightman said, as he gritted his teeth. Not at all happy with this new revelation.

"Not good, Domino." Nightman exclaimed to himself, in a harsh whisper.

He turned his gaze upward, just in time to see the Batman, falling down towards him. "S--t!" Nightman yelled as he leapt out of the way to avoid the large man diving down on him.

Batman was impressed. This man was no mere cannon fodder. He expertly rolled out of the way and was back on his feet in seconds. He removed, a baretta from his own utility belt; took aim, and fired. Batman leapt to the side, taking cover behind a dumpster. Surely the man realized that Batman was armored? Perhaps, that was the point. Batman peeked from his cover to find his opponent gone.

"Damn, Bruce. Think. If he wanted you dead he would have--" his thoughts were inturrpted by small golden balls, rolling from behind him. Impressive. This man was stealing his gimmick. Batman allowed the smoke to consume him. Embracing the cover it provided.

Nightman didn't rush foward. That would be folly. The guy was his better.

Instead; he would let the man in black think that.

Maybe the guy would think he retreated. Then he could jump him from behind.

That didn't happen.

Once the smoke cleared. The alley was empty. And the man in black was gone.

"Not this time, pal." Nightman said aloud. He sprinted towards, the alley's entrance, not wanting to stay in the confined space anymore. The moment he neared the exit; a leathery backfist slammed hard into his nose. Shattering it. Nightman lost control at this point. He reached for his custom-tazer, knuckle-dusters, and roared towards the bat-guy. Adrenaline increasing his speed.

He threw combinations towards his opponents face, hoping to land a blow. Just one! It was all he needed to feel gratified.

Batman was slightly taken aback by his opponents speed. His skill, not lacking much in finesse. In fact; Bruce would say the guy fought better angry. Which was not uncommon, but quite rare. It took everything Batman had to avoid his opponents, now, electriclly charged fist. Bruce shot a grapple-line, towards the same ledge, and once again, became airbourne. Hoping that his now manic assailant would follow him.

"Oh no you don't you sucker punching bastard!" Nightman shouted towards his escaping foe. Nightman also had a grappling line. Firing it near the same perch, he too took off towards the rooftops. Wanting to break this guys nose in retaliation. He made it on the building and the bat-dude was waiting. Standing completely still. Nightman, stopped in his tracks. Not wanting to step on any hidden surprises.

"What is this?" Asked Nightman. He truely wanted to know. Even if it was foolish to ask.

"This is the end of this. I'm finished with toying with you. Let's get this done." With that, Nightman watched as the Batman removed his utility belt, and then his cape. He crouched slightly, and gestured for Nightman to do the same.

Nightman shrugged, and said, "What the hell? I do need the excersise."

Batman watched the man in grey remove his belt. Then toss the gun off of the buildings roof.

They now stood face to face. Two dark avengers, prepared to fight for salvation.

And also pride.

Both men wanted to know who was better. Up until the man in grey went berserk, Bruce had believed he was. Now he wanted to know for sure.

"Keep, the knuckles. You'll need them." Batman said with a slight smile.

His opponent said, "Cocky, bastard aren't ya. No. No, advantages. For either of us."

Batman smiled wider.

The belief that the man held nobility now showed more then ever.

"By the way, I'm Nightman." The long haird vigilante said.

"Batman." Bruce answered back.

"Ha! I knew it!" Exclaimed Nightman happily, a smile also across his lips. Wide and full. "Ok, Batman, let's do this!"

Bruce braced himself as Nightman rushed forward, stopping two feet away, and whiping his left leg out in a powerful roundhouse. Batman blocked the blow. A jolt of pain shooting through his arm. Tucking Nightman's leg under his left arm like a rolled news paper, Batman brought his right elbow down, on the guy's ankle.

Nightman groaned in pain, and snatched his now tender leg away. He dropped low and pivoted his body. Using the same leg.

A move the Batman did not expect, giving the pain Nightman would have to endure to use it.

The blow nailed Batman in the left outter thigh, above the knee, causing the masked man to grit his teeth. It was only fair.

A leg for a leg after all.

The two men seemed to fight forever. Nightman mostly relying on his pain threshold rather then martial skill. Didn't hurt that he had fought on the streets of San Francisco all his life. A skinny little white-boy, with an afinity for Jazz? It was like blood in the water to the local Black and Latino Gangs. Hell, even the Koreans got some that.

Batman took in his opponents style. Dirty boxing, taekwondo, akido. The fact that he could take a beating was not lost upon the caped crusader either. He needed to end this. Gotham needed a Batman. And he needed her.

Nightman couldn't place Batman's style. He seemed to know everything. But he wouldn't give up. Not yet. He still owed the guy a busted nose. He actually didn't exactly rush in this time. No. This time he threw several light jabs and a spartan kick; all which he expected a fighter like Batman to block. When his leg was brushed away, he moved in with a flying knee with the opposite leg. Both blocked. But that's exactly what he wanted.

Batman should have seen it coming. The Nightman lunged with his right knee. Easily avoided. But he hadn't expected what came next. The Nightman reached out with both arms, and Bruce insinctivly grabbed both wrist. Leaving himself open for the headbutt. Bruce felt his nose crunch under the impact. A mighty blow indeed. Unfortunately for Nightman. Batman fought better pissed as well.

The punches came like a swarm of bees! They were everywhere! His lens obscured by the powerful attacks. Once the glass cracked, Johnny closed his eyes to avoid the shards. Big mistake. He managed to see the kick coming, but it was far too late.

BAM!

Batman spun his entire body with the blow. Making sure to avoid Nightman's neck and temple. Instead, his foot made a perfect connection with Nightman's jaw. The bones in the man's face, turning to broken shards. Nightman's body went limp. And he crashed to the ground. Defeated. Batman looked at the man he now considered a kindred spirit. And sighed with relief once the man's body vanished in a gust of white light. It was now finally over.

"Congradulations, detective. Rest now. For I may have need of you again some day." The voice thundered in Batman's head. Before he too vanished in the same white light.

Outcome: While Nightman holds similar tools as the Dark Knight. Such as tasers, grappling hooks, ect. He only has one actual advantage over Bruce, and that is the ability to see in the dark. However, considering Batman's training, and strategic mind, he would not willing fight an opponent with such abilities on their terms. Especially if he could help it. I love Nightman! Even watched the live action show. But, Well, he was up against Batman.

I do not own either character. They are both owned by DC/Warner Bros and Marvel/Malibu comics. And the 'Voice' and the 'Arena' are also liscensed property of Superheromatchups.com, respectively.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Gonna list pros and cons:

Be careful with sentence fragments, they are fine when you're in control of them, but can disjoint the story the story e.g. He climbed to his feet and looked around him. He had no idea where he was. This could easily have utilised a comma and have the same effect, an ellipsis be better.

You haven't described the environment really which is an issue, you've just said he doesn't know where he is, make sure to engage the readers 5 sense in order to engulf them within the story.

The transition between Nightman and Batman isn't very smooth, you should lead into that a little better.

A few grammar edits needed involving belonging apostrophes, typos and unnecessary commas.

The battle scenes move along really well and will do better if you remove some of the extraneous grammar, which seem to be typos rather than mistakes.

This has made me want to do a battle fan-fic, not sure what...

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Thank's! Honestly I knew there were problems, but since I don't have my computer, I use my phone. Which suck's. Either way I'm happy!

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump