Batman vs. Deadpool #3

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman, The Joker, and all related characters are the property of Time Warner and DC Comics. I do not own any of them.

Deadpool is the property of the Walt Disney Company and Marvel Comics. I do not own him.

Although the characters aren’t mine, the story that you are about to read is of my creation.

Rating: Teen+

Batman vs. Deadpool #3

By: George Gordy

As Batman rides into Gotham, he observes the chaos that his nemesis has caused. Screams of terror fill the air, fires burn all over the city, if Gotham never needed its protector; they certainly did now.

“My God” Batman thinks to himself, “Those monsters.”

Afterwards he stops in the middle of a street, where he meets Commissioner Gordon and some officers.

“Batman” Gordon says, “Thank God you’re here!”

“I came as quick as I could Jim” Batman says, “How are you guys holding up?”

“Not too good” Gordon says, “It’s like a warzone out here! There is way too many of them. We sent a SWAT team to take out the Joker, Harley, and the mercenary; the entire team was killed.”

“Jim, I’m sorry” Batman says.

“It’s okay” Gordon says, “The inmates have taken over most of the city. We’ve been trying to hold this position right here, that’s probably our only success so far.”

“Well that’s good news” Batman says.

Gordon continues “The Gotham City Police Department has lost about 95 percent of its manpower in the battle, so we can’t make any advances. The only people standing between those freaks and the rest of Gotham are some armed civilians, and what’s left of the GCPD.”

“Well if it’ll help, I’ve found some information about the mercenary” Batman says, “He goes by the name Deadpool and he’s a meta-human. He has a healing factor.”

“Healing factor huh” Gordon asks, “This is gonna get ugly.”

“It already has” Batman says, “Time to put an end to this nonsense. I’ll go into Gotham and find them.”

“Good luck Batman” Gordon says, “You’ll need it.”

“Thanks Jim” Batman says as he jumps back on the Batcycle and rides out into Gotham. He stops and confronts two inmates.

“It’s the Bat!” One of the men shouts before the gang points their rifles at him.

Batman detonates a smoke bomb before firing his grappling hook at a building, and rappelling up.

“Where did he go?” One of the inmates asks.

Batman spots one of the men, grabs him, rappels him to the top of the building, and knocks him out with one punch before rappelling back down.

“Yo Ray, where you at” The other escapee asks, “Ray?”

Batman kicks the man in the back of his knee, causing him to drop his rifle and fall to the ground. Batman pounds his face in several times and interrogates him.

“Where’s the Joker?” Batman asks before punching him again, “Where’s Deadpool? What are they planning?”

“I…I don’t know!” The man says in fear, “The most I’ve heard is that they kidnapped the mayor! That’s all I know, I swear!”

“Where are they taking him?!” Batman asks the man.

“Probably Amusement Mile!” the escapee says, “Please, don’t kill me!”

Batman ties the man up, when Commissioner Gordon and his men show up.

“We’ll take it from here Batman” Gordon says, “Go find the Joker.”

Batman nods his head, jumps on his motorcycle, and rides into the night. Gordon and his men surround the inmate, making threatening gestures.

“The GCPD no longer exists” Gordon says to the man, “We don’t have to operate within the confines of the law anymore, I hope you realize that. You’ve killed a lot of cops.”

“Come on guys” the man says, “I was just doin’ my job!”

“Ahh” the man screams as Gordon and his men assault him.

As Batman is riding down Gotham’s streets, he sees a helicopter. Inside are the Joker, Deadpool, Harley Quinn, and the mayor clad in only his underwear and with tape around his mouth. The tape around his mouth prevents him from speaking clearly, and he makes moaning and grunting sounds

The Joker aims the chopper’s gun at Batman and begins firing at him.

“HAHAHAHA! HEEHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHA” The Joker laughs as Batman frantically tries to dodge the machine gun bullets.

As Batman is dodging the Joker’s machine gun, he crashes his bike and falls off of it. The Joker aims his gun at the wounded Batman but does not fire.

“Oh come on Bats!” Joker says, “You’re no fun!”

“What are you planning Joker” Batman yells at him, “Where are you taking the mayor?”

“Well since you have no hope of stopping me, I’ll tell you my plan: I’m taking the mayor back to my place, and I’m going to have some fun with him HA! After that, I’m going to have good ol’ Scarecrow put his fear juice in the water supply! HAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“You’d be a fool if you think I’m not going to stop you!” Batman says.

“Yea about that” Joker says, “My friend here just won’t allow that. Oh Deadpool! Take care of our little flying rodent problem will you, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!”

Deadpool jumps out of the helicopter and onto the road below, in order to confront Batman.”

“You must be Deadpool.” Batman says.

“Ah” Deadpool says, “So you’ve heard of me? Batman is it? Loved The Dark Knight, ask Joker; me and him are like best pals now. This is a huge honor but my job is to kick your ass, and if you’ve got a problem with Joker you’ve got a problem with me; so let’s not waste anymore time.”

“I agree” Batman says, “You and Joker’s reign of terror ends here.”

Fate has brought two of the world’s most dangerous men on a collision course. Someone had to come out on top. Batman attempts to surprise Deadpool by throwing a Batarang at him, slashing Deadpool’s face. Batman witnesses Deadpool’s healing factor in person as the wound caused by the Batarang heals right before his very eyes.

“Yea… I heal” Deadpool says, “You surprised?”

Batman becomes annoyed and charges at Deadpool, punching him in the face. Deadpool counters with punch of his own, sending the two men falling to the floor. As Deadpool pulls out his pistol, Batman pulls out a Batarang and knocks the pistol out of Deadpool’s hand.

Deadpool charges at Batman throwing a flurry of punches and kicks, Batman blocks and dodges them.

“His fighting style” Batman thinks to himself, “So wild and unpredictable. I don’t know how much longer I can hold this up. No, you’ve faced worse than this Bruce.”

When Deadpool’s assault slows down, Batman throws a punch that sends Deadpool to the floor. Batman gets on top of him, cocking his hand back. Deadpool presses a button on his chest and disappears.

“Where did he go?” Batman thinks to himself.

“Hey, over here” Deadpool says before throwing a kick at Batman, which Batman blocks. The two continue to fight until suddenly the Joker’s helicopter appears again, and pulls Deadpool out of the fight.

“See ya’ later” Deadpool says, “Tell Ben Affleck I said he sucks!”

“We’ll finish this later!” Batman says, breathing heavily.

“HAHAHAHA! Good luck Bats!” Joker says as they fly away, “HEEHAHAHAHA!”

Batman calls Alfred on his communicator, telling him that he was on his way back in order to gather more information on Deadpool.

“Alfred” Batman says, “I’m on my way back. You were right, I need to prepare more. Deadpool is on a different level of insane.”

“Okay sir” Alfred says, “I’m sending the Batwing to pull you out.”

“Also, can you find some information on Deadpool?” Batman asks.

Batman grabs the Batcycle, rides it into the Batplane, and flies back to the Batcave. Once he arrives, he meets Alfred and the two begin discussing a few things.

“Have you found out any information on Deadpool yet?” Batman asks.

“Yes Master Wayne” Alfred replies, “His real name is Wade Wilson. He was the subject of a government experiment known as Weapon X, designed to create Super-Soldiers. He was injected with the DNA of another mutant with healing powers, and gained healing powers as a result.”

He continues by saying “However he had cancer at the time the experiment was done, and the rapid regeneration of the cancer cells only made the cancer worse. His tumors spread all over his body, disfiguring his face – which explains the mask, and his brain cells die and regenerate at a rapid rate as well; which explains his mental instability.”

“Wow” Batman says, “That sounds horrible.”

“I know sir” Alfred says, “Unfortunately I haven’t found anything that can negate his healing factor. However, from what I’ve read he places money above any personal relationships.”

“Meaning…” Batman asks.

“Meaning sir” Alfred replies, “If we can somehow get him to turn on the Joker and join our side, we have a chance of stopping the Joker.”

“Sounds like a good plan” Batman says, “Have you found the whereabouts of the Joker’s other accomplices?”

“Yes Master Wayne” Alfred replies, “Penguin is at the Ice Lounge and the Scarecrow is at Gotham Cemetary mixing the toxin.”

“Got it” Batman says, “Thanks Alfred.”

“Happy to be at your service sir” Alfred replies.

Continue on #4

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#3  Edited By cbishop
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate telling people things that I find or found wrong with their work. But Batman seemed a bit too chatty. It is just a nitpick on my part. Loved the fight and I'm happy you didn't make it one-sided. Most times, writer's may have a personal bias towards or against a character during crossovers. Cool stuffy G.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate telling people things that I find or found wrong with their work. But Batman seemed a bit too chatty. It is just a nitpick on my part. Loved the fight and I'm happy you didn't make it one-sided. Most times, writer's may have a personal bias towards or against a character during crossovers. Cool stuffy G.

1. You think he was chatty?

2. I was trying to make their first fight as much of a stalemate as possible, because I like both characters and I didn't want to make it seem as if one was superior to another.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Guardiandevil83

To me. I just imagine Batman glaring at people. Lol

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gordyman

To me. I just imagine Batman glaring at people. Lol

Gotcha, I'll try to keep that in mind next chapter.