Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

20 Years Ago:

Thomas and Martha Wayne exited the movie theater with their son, Bruce. He jumped up and pranced about wildly. They had just seen The Mark of Zorro, and Bruce wanted to be him with a burning passion. He waved his imaginary sword in the air, pretending to be his hero.

"TAKE THIS, AND THAT!" He shouted playfully.

"He's a good boy." Thomas whispered to Martha.

It was then that everything went wrong. The family decided to take a shortcut through an alleyway to their car...it was then that the man stepped out of the shadows. He had a worried look about him, like he hadn't slept for days, and was high off of some drug.

"Wallet, purse, cash, now!" The man said.

Thomas slowly fished through his pockets for his wallet. "Don't worry...we don't want...any...trouble." He said slowly. The mugger turned his eyes to Martha's pearls around her neck. "Ooooh, pretty." he whispered.

"Don't--" Thomas stepped in front of him, only to be shot by a quick reflex. Martha let out a scream, only to be silence with a chunk of lead through her heart. Bruce stood there, in between the corpses that were his parents. I wanted to cry desperately, but, as if one of God's cruel jokes, he could not. As the sirens blared in the background, Bruce died. He died on that day...and The Batman was born....

Now:

A woman walked casually through Gotham's park. What was once the prettiest place in Gotham was now a breeding ground for rapists and murderers. A woman dressed with a short skirt and high heels walking through the park at that time of night was asking for one, if not both. Indeed, as she passed a park bench, two men sat up, surrounding her. "Heeereee, chick chick chick chick chick." The mocked. Batman had seen enough. He leapt into action, tackling a man to the ground, and flipping back into a martial arts pose. It was then the woman drew a gun, as well as the conscious criminal. Cops swarmed the area. Batman had fallen into a trap. "Let them come." He whispered to himself.

Reaching into his belt, he extracted smoke pellets, which burst into clouds of fog on contact with the ground. The two police men coughed and struggled to see.

"The b*** used tear gas!" A cop shouted.

He was almost in the clear, and the tear gas hadn't even vanished yet, but as the dark knight turned his head to look ahead of him, he found himself looking down the barrel of a gun.

"Freeze, Batman!" Commissioner Gordon shouted.

"Jim, you're an honest cop...let this go...I don't like hurting honest cops."

Gordon loaded his gun, looking away for a second. His gaze came back to see the Batman upon him, and a mighty fist crashed down onto his face, breaking his nose!

Batman tore down the sewers for what felt like an eternity. Seconds were hours, hours were years. Finally, he felt safe, and Dick Grayson tugged off his cowl, and fell to the ground. "Dammit, Bruce." he said to himself. "I did this for you," a tear steamed down his cheek. "I was supposed to avenge your death...

....now look how far I've fallen."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

kamrenamir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kamrenamir

@primepower53: Good stuff man. Keep it up.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

You managed to get the pace of the Robbery right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp: Yaaay!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ReVamp

@primepower53: Overall I quite enjoyed it, but I have to say that I don't understand exactly how the Woman and the robbery interacted with the conclusion, but I guess it was meant to be open-ended.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Awesome job! Can't wait till the next entry!

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SmoothJammin

Lovely short story. MOAR EXPOSITION