Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Batman: Secret Files, Chapter 8- The Joke's On You

It was a hard evening laugh. The Joker just appeared out of the white smoke and through the main hall aisle. A jaw-dropping moment for the guests, which they haven't expected it to happen in the last 35 years of the special event. They stared at him, with confusion, wondering how he got out of Arkham Asylum this time. The laughing gas was meant to be temporary so that the Joker could get anyone's attention. But for what reason? And was he really the Joker?

I hid behind one of the chairs whereas the rest of my new friends stood there and seeing what the Joker was up to. I got up and saw his pale face and the red lips as usual. He had the green hair that kind of smells funny when you go near him. His striking looks can scare the heck out of anyone's eyes. The visitors were trembling with fear, thinking to call the police so that they can put the Joker back in jail.

The Joker came closer to each guests, laughing at his own game. He was the Joker, alright. But I have to find out if he had escaped from Arkham Asylum. How many times did I put him in that rotten place? It has been countless, or maybe even thousand times. No matter how many times he got out. He was always meant to kill people and think that it's funny. On the other hand, the Batman wouldn't rest until he puts the Joker down for good. He may have killed so many people and yet others were wondering when the Batman would finally end the Joker's crimes. My duty was to protect Gotham and save innocent lives, including to catch the criminals and put them where they belong. It was a sense of justice, which made Superman and Wonder Woman satisfied of what I do. Even though the Batman works alone in the dark night.

The Joker came to our table this time. He showed his evil smile and stared at Samantha Grenadier. The Clown Prince of Crime smelled her hair as if though he never have done it before. He laughed, which made himself wrapped around his upper body with his arms straight up. He then said some laughing moments in the history of Gotham.

"OOOOOOH! What a lovely hair you got there....Missy."

Samantha didn't move an inch as she stayed close behind her young-looking mother. She looked terrified of the Joker's appearance. It seemes that the young woman was shy as a little girl who came to visit someone's house or get visited by them. The Joker walked around Nancy Grenadier and looked towards Samantha with his big wide eyes open. His teeth wasn't shown but the evil smile went across his pale and white face. He began to taunt his young victim.

"Why so sad....Missy. I'm sure everyone here laughed. Did you laugh? You must have laughed since I put the laughing gas on. Right?"

The old woman began to speak in a nearly harsh voice and still overprotective of her own daughter.

"Stay away....you monster!"

The Joker stayed back a little as if he got scared of the old woman. But he wasn't exactly scared. It was all an act. A joke that makes people think he's really funny. Not so funny as the comedian would say on the night stage. He then returned that precious smile on the face and continued the taunts.

"Why....aren't you the big hero? Trying to become like Batman? Oh, by the way. Where is that Batsy? I missed him so much."

I was looking at the clown of crime and still, the Joker hasn't noticed me. He just wanted to meet Batman himself so he can toy with him, whenever he wants. The Joker may be dangerous, but he can be too weak sometimes, not knowing what will come right at him. I decided to move ahead and pushed him a little back, preventing him from possibly hurting the young woman. The clown stopped and finally noticed me.

"Well....Well....Look what we have here. Mr. Bruce Wayne. The Big Man Himself. How are you doing these days?"

"You better stay away from her, Joker."

"OOOOOOH! I'm so scared. If only Batman was here. I would certainly play with him in my crazy, crazy little games. It was those fun times I used to have. Such memories and how I really adore his precious cowl. But you. You're nothing like Batman. And if you wanted to become a hero. Prove yourself. Or else....DON'T WASTE MY TIME!"

One of the orphans who was adopted by a rich couple, cried out in fear. The crying moment fell over the Joker's shoulders as he turned around to see who was giving his tears away. He found the boy and showed his sad little face. The Joker then hopped like a rabbit until he stopped in front of the little boy's shoes. His parents were a bit shaken of the fact that the Joker was closer to them. The Joker knelt down a little and stared at the young boy's sad face.

"What's the matter....child? Why are you crying?"

The boy still cried as the tears fell down on the floor like the droplets of rain. His parents tried to hold him back but the Joker managed to lift the boy on his arms, hinted that eveything is going to be fine.

"Don't cry, my little child. Do you want a candy?"

The boy stopped crying, thinking that the Joker was just an ordinary clown. The boy looked at his face, smiling a bit, and finally nodded his head. The Joker put the young kid down and took a out small red candy from his pocket. He handed it over to the kid's little hands. Then the kid gulped with his soft tongue. But the candy was hot, which made the boy cry even more. The result made the worst Joker laugh harder than ever. Yet he still didn't stop laughing. The parents took their kid away and pulled him back. His father took the candy out from his son's mouth and threw it on the floor. The Joker stopped laughing as he was about to get angrier than the minute. Until then, the announcer pulled out his cellphone from his pocket and begin to dial 911. But the Joker noticed the man and suddenly took out a gun from the inside of his purple pants. He pointed his gun towards the announcer before he entered the last digit of the phone call. The man was terrified, struggling to dial the only last number, but thinking that the Joker would pull off the trigger in an instant of wild seconds. Finally, the man dropped his cellphone down on the floor when the Joker came closer to him, while his gun was still aiming at the man's forehead. As everyone watched in a deadly shock, the trigger was pulled and the man swallowed the instant fear down towards his deep throat. The man shook violently as if he had a terrible seizure. But that seizure stopped when he realizes that there wasn't a single bullet inside the gun. Instead, a note came out and said, "The Joke's On You."

While the Joker was focusing on the announcer's scared eyes, I took out a tiny object, the silencer which has been given to the Commissioner from last month. This sonic device was used to talk in silent mode, so that no one could hear our actual words coming out from the mouth. Once we move our lips, the user on the other end, can only hear those words through the sonic device. I placed the device inside my left ear and contacted the Commissioner. It took a while for the old man to pick it up. Finally, the old man recieved the call, and was ready to do what the Batman asked. I told him that the Joker has escaped from the Arkham Asylum and is now holding hostages at the grand hotel. When he heard those words, he just couldn't believe it.

"What? Are you serious, Batman?"

"Yes, I am." My lips still moved a bit slowly and I tried to see if the Joker can notice our private call.

"But....He's still in Arkham Asylum," the Commissioner continued his puzzled speech.

"Call the security and find out."

"Ok."

The contact was cut off for a short while. A few minutes later, I received the call from the Commissioner this time.

"I just contacted the security, Batman. They said the Joker hasn't escaped at all."

I began to ponder a single question. If the Joker was captured in the mental institute, then who this person standing and laughing at us? There's no telling that this could be the real Joker or the fake one. Since this Joker acts very similar as the real one.

"Jim. Send your troops here as soon as possible. In the meantime, I'll try to subdue this....Joker."

"Ok, Batman. But are you sure he's the real deal?"

"I'm about to find out."

The contact was cut off as I took the device from my ear and placed it inside my black pocket. The laughing sensation was still present throughout the main hall. Everyone was trying to calm their nerves down. But for the Batman, he has to do something drastically before the cops arrive. I moved closer behind the Joker while he was laughing at the announcer who nearly called the police. I tapped on his right shoulder, which made the Joker turned around and noticed me again.

"What do you want?" the Joker said in grumpy voice.

"I want a fight, Joker. You said that I have to prove myself. Right?"

The Joker stared at me with his wide confused look until he smiled again as usual.

"Hmmm! Hmmm! Hmmm! Hmmm! HEH! HEH! HEH! HEH! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!"

"What's so funny?"

The Joker still enjoyed the laugh and thought that I couldn't fight the Joker. But I didn't intend to fight him. I had to see if he's willing to punch me. This could be a starting point if he's really the Joker.

The Joker stopped laughing and finally said, "Alright. Have it your way."

Out of the blue, he punched me with his white gloves. I fell down to the floor as everyone watched in horror. The Joker came up towards me and said some harsh words.

"What's the matter, Bruce? Can't fight me? Or is that all you got?"

I still didn't budge. If I showed my fighting moves, these people would certainly think I have the same moves as Batman. But it can't be assumed yet. So I had to be careful about it.

"Get up!" the Joker cried out slightly. I got up from the floor, trying to stand in my right position. "Fight me, Bruce Wayne. FIGHT ME!"

I still didn't punch but I made it look like that I tried to punch him. My fists raised up, facing towards the Joker's pale face. But the Joker punched my face again and then hit on my gut. The pain went so high that made me fell down on the floor again.

"You're pathetic. Want some candy? HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!"

Then the police sirens were being heard outside the grand hotel. This situation made the Joker realized that someone made the call. He also thought that the announcer finished the call before he pulled out the gun.

"YOU FOOL!" the Joker screamed, while turning and staring at the announcer again. "YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS! But on the other hand, I might have to go for now. Bye, Bye. SUCKERS! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!"

The Joker threw off another canister on the floor and this time, it wasn't the laughing gas. Instead, it was just the gas, which gaves us a hard cough. I covered my nostrils again and trying to see through the puff of white smoke. The Joker was escaping and I had to catch him. He was running away by his own shadow from the smoke. I followed him passing by the guests who were still coughing from their throats. I went to the front stage area to see if the Joker had made it there. But he wasn't found exaclty. It's as if the Joker had made a disappearing act.

The Commissioner and his cops arrived at the main hall. The visitors were being taken outside to breathe normally, especially Dr. Grenwald, Dr. Zachariah and the beautiful Grenadiers. Then the Commissioner came up to the stage in a few seconds. He then spoke to me as he knew that something was wrong here.

"Bruce. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Where's that fake clown?"

"The Batman is still after him. I think....he was hiding behind the stage curtain, waiting to catch the Joker in sight."

"I see."

I know it sounded strange to say like that. Because the visitors knew that Batman wasn't here at the previous moment. So I had to lie to him about it.

I went with the Commissioner and saw the visitors were already standing outside, breathing some fresh air. Alfred came by to see what was happening. As he was waiting for me in his precious black limo.

"Master Bruce. Are you alright? What happened?"

"I'll tell you when we get there, Alfred. It looks like the Joker has struck Gotham again."

"Joker, sir?" asked the butler with a surprise as he already knew the Joker was still held as prisoner in Arkham Asylum.

"It may not be the Joker, Alfred. But I have a feeling that he could be an....imposter."

To be continued in Batman: Secret Files, Chapter 9- Parallels.

What? So the Joker was an imposter? Hmmmm....Find out what happens in the next chapter of....BATMAN!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Totally called it. Good idea, having Joker fight Bruce.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

@InnerVenom123: Thanks!

The Impersonator

Forum Posts